If Forced to Move: Gunwise to Which State Would You Go?

Your post is nothing but a huge steaming pile of crap.
I live here in Vermont and for YOU to try and tell ME what is the legal facts of residency is a huge pile of dung.
I can drive from one end of MY state to the other carrying either openly or concealed without even the REMOTE possibility I'd get hassled.
Do me a favor and don't TRY to pass off your BS as fact when it is so obvious you neither live here in Vermont nor do you have any semblance of a friggin clue as to what your talking about!
Go peddle your misinformation to someone else...
One last thing..

Calm down, Charlie. Our disagreement obviously hinges on my belief that federal laws apply in Vermont, whereas you don't believe they apply in Vermont. You keep believing what you believe, and I'll keep believing what I believe to be true. We can still keep it civil.

Calm down, Charlie. Our disagreement obviously hinges on my belief that federal laws apply in Vermont, whereas you don't believe they apply in Vermont. You keep believing what you believe, and I'll keep believing what I believe to be true. We can still keep it civil.

The Federal Law is in place here in Vermont. Our Law Enforcement Organizations have stated that they believe them to be Unconstitutional and as such, they will not enforce them. There, I hope that bit of info has been cleared up for ya cupcake!
Now.... For the rest of your Tripe.... There are NO "patchwork Laws" that make travel across this great state a problem, Period. It shows either your ignorance of "our" laws or just goes to prove that you don't have a clue as to what you speak of.
So.. Lets re-cap here... You know nothing of the laws of Vermont. See? Now wasn't that much easier than trying to BS your way through a post?

The Federal Law is in place here in Vermont. Our Law Enforcement Organizations have stated that they believe them to be Unconstitutional and as such, they will not enforce them. There, I hope that bit of info has been cleared up for ya cupcake!
Now.... For the rest of your Tripe.... There are NO "patchwork Laws" that make travel across this great state a problem, Period. It shows either your ignorance of "our" laws or just goes to prove that you don't have a clue as to what you speak of.
So.. Lets re-cap here... You know nothing of the laws of Vermont. See? Now wasn't that much easier than trying to BS your way through a post?
Charlie, my first post in this thread was intended to be helpful - people might pick a state to live in based on a state being gun-friendly. I merely wanted to point out that Vermont's not having CCW permits presents a problem with regards to federal gun free school zone laws. If local police aren't concerned about the federal gun free school zone law, it's not because they view it as unconstitutional, it's because they don't *have to* play a federal enforcement role. I merely wanted to point out that the Federal law could be a problem if someone *wanted* to push it. That doesn't mean they will. I never mentioned Vermont state laws, so I am mystified as to why you claim I know nothing about them. People should not be fat, dumb, and happy when it comes to laws and firearms - they need to be informed. BTW, the gun-free school zone law has been on the books since 1995, and it has not been successfully challenged as being unconstitutional. That law, 18 U.S.C. § 922(q), trumps Vermont state law thanks to Federal Preemption. If you're unconvinced, copy some of those terms and put them into Google, and educate yourself.

I have nothing more to say. I hope you can find it in yourself to try harder to be civil.

Charlie and VTshooter, The problem is clarity between you two.
-
Charlie, the reason he brings up this federal law is that it specifically allows carry in a school zone ONLY if you have a permit issued by the state in question, and reciprocity technically doesn't count.
-
VT, If the state has no permits, I'm sure a halfway lucid public defender could fight that one with a hangover if necessary. Also, most local/city/state LEO refuse to cite federal law during an arrest, because they would then have to involve federal LEO's to help prosecute. There are plenty of state laws to convict criminals of without dragging out US Code, and federal officers don't spend a lot of time patrolling school zones.

Idaho ( I am a PNW guy) , AZ, ( snowbird to winters is the plan) TX ( My daughter lives there) any of these 3 are fine with me .

Go Seahawks!

I love my state of Tennessee (especially the part of living in a county with less than 3000 people). But if I had to go somewhere it would be reclusive Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

I have relatives in Arizona so that is where I would go. Arizona has very good gun laws, better than most.

I'll just list the places I WOULDN'T live under any circumstances:

• California
  • Colorado
  • Illinois
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Maryland
I won't live anywhere where I have a legal DUTY to be a victim of violent crime inside or outside my home.
That's not true in NY. Nowhere in NY law are you prohibited from defending yourself, especially in your own home.

That's not true in NY. Nowhere in NY law are you prohibited from defending yourself, especially in your own home.
And just HOW would I "defend" myself outside of my home unless I lived in some upstate county in which I'd never have any reason to live in the first place?

In NYC, how would I defend myself IN my home without spending the price of an NFA firearm just for the opportunity to do so?

Seriously, New York state has NOTHING to commend itself to me, less even on balance than Chicago.

And just HOW would I "defend" myself outside of my home unless I lived in some upstate county in which I'd never have any reason to live in the first place?

In NYC, how would I defend myself IN my home without spending the price of an NFA firearm just for the opportunity to do so?

Seriously, New York state has NOTHING to commend itself to me, less even on balance than Chicago.
You question doesn't have an answer. How would you defend yourself? Just like anywhere else. NYC and NYS have different gun laws. You don't need to spend anything special in the state. What does NY have? High salaries, family, etc. To me, some things are more important than guns. Guns don't feed the bulldog.

You question doesn't have an answer. How would you defend yourself? Just like anywhere else. NYC and NYS have different gun laws. You don't need to spend anything special in the state. What does NY have? High salaries, family, etc. To me, some things are more important than guns. Guns don't feed the bulldog.

That's a 'Dam'd' if you do and 'Dam'd' if you don't situation. But guns 'do' put food on the table. So without a high paying job in NY, yer gonna starve. Time to move out.

They compensate you with high salaries to offset the high taxes, high cost of living etc.

They compensate you with high salaries to offset the high taxes, high cost of living etc.
They're killing me in taxes but it still doesn't offset the gain from doing business in the city all these years. I have 62 acres in NC with my brother-in-law. I would move but my entire family and income property is here.
All I know is I got up this morning, strapped on my gun and went about my day unmolested.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back