If Forced to Move: Gunwise to Which State Would You Go?

Coyote Blue

:cool:Just a fun hypothetical. You can't stay in your own state. Maybe your mother/father in law is just too much. Maybe you've been offered a job you can't refuse in any state of your choice. Perhaps the Mob has put The Pencil out on you. :unsure:

Whatever, you have to run. Where do you go where you feel the guns will shine the most?

Note: If your present state is Utopia,chose a second alternative. Remember the Pencil! :bad:

I'm content where I liven rural Iowa. However just for fun I'd say Alaska, Montana, Utah, or South Dakota. I'd also add Arizona but I don't like heat.

I'll just list the places I WOULDN'T live under any circumstances:

• California
  • Colorado
  • Illinois
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Maryland
I won't live anywhere where I have a legal DUTY to be a victim of violent crime inside or outside my home.

I'll just list the places I WOULDN'T live under any circumstances:

• California
  • Colorado
  • Illinois
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Maryland
I won't live anywhere where I have a legal DUTY to be a victim of violent crime inside or outside my home.

Colorado has no duty to retreat anywhere. In your home, they have "make my day," which means if you are afraid of injury however slight, in your home, you are authorized to use deadly force if he's there illegally and he's committing a felony. So if you think he might bruise you a little bit, you're good to go.

Yeah, sure, they've got some stupid new laws, but we're getting rid of the politicians who put them in place (2 down, 1 to go), and 55 sheriffs are suing (which means likelihood of getting charged in a rural county is pretty slim)! So as long as you're not in Denver or Boulder, Colorado's not so bad. Especially if that 51st state thing goes through.

Was really funny at one point... a bunch of liberals tried to do a gun buyback and turn them in to art, but the sheriff said nope, with those laws about universal background checks you guys passed, you're not allowed! About died laughing...

The only way I'd be "forced" to leave would be if they somehow took me alive and relocated me to a FEMA camp in another state. Just as soon as I escaped from there, I'd fight my way back home and join the Resistance.

at_war_by_web5ter-d52dde3.gif
Link Removed Link Removed
Get_Away_with_a_Tank_by_madb0y.gif

Have lived in California most of my life, my wife is a native. Moving to Utah next year after my wife retires at the end of this year. Can't wait to get our of here - this is not the state I grew up in anymore. Very sad.

I already moved also. I got the hell out of California because it seemed like everyone there that legally owned a gun was considered a bad guy by the corrupt government in that state.
I now live in Idaho, a very pro gun state.

Have lived in California most of my life, my wife is a native. Moving to Utah next year after my wife retires at the end of this year. Can't wait to get our of here - this is not the state I grew up in anymore. Very sad.

Its the same for me, and the exact reason I moved out of that state. You will be very happy once your out of there.

I'm surprised we haven't heard from the three "don't need a permit states": AK, AZ, and VT.

Actually the state I'd be in is the state of the elite. Apparently, if you are a member of the elite class, none of the gun laws apply to you.

I'm surprised we haven't heard from the three "don't need a permit states": AK, AZ, and VT.

Actually the state I'd be in is the state of the elite. Apparently, if you are a member of the elite class, none of the gun laws apply to you.

Yeah, but technically, they don't live in a state:

David-Gregory-Quickmeme-e1356566104.jpg

DiFiAssaultWeapon.jpg

But we know what you meant. Link Removed

Blues

Good observation. I'm surprised also. My choice would be Arizona. A combination of Permitless (Constitutional) Carry, weather (in the north and east central areas) ,wonderful scenery, and my wife's relatives in Tucson and Sierra Vista, make it my pick.

Vermont would be my second escape choice. Winter doesn't bother me and there are few OL areas or restrictions in this also, Constitutional Carry state. The original, dating back to at least, 1777.

Plus the Vermonters are cool and laid back. I've vacationed there in Lake Elmore several summers. A beautiful,small Paradise.

body_plants-saguarosunset.jpg

Organ Pipe National Monument,Arizona.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back