I swear it followed me home!

Confess

I went to the gun shop today to get a new holster for the Kimber I picked up yesterday.

I got to poking around and putting my nose on the glass like I always do. I happened to spy a Ruger MkII that wasn't there yesterday. ( I have been looking )

Well, needless to say it looked like it needed a home and once I handled it for a few minutes it just wouldn't let me put it back in the case.
So. For this week the score is gun store 2 checkbook 0.
I did get a Desantis Tuck This II for the Kimber.
But I also gave a slightly used Ruger a new home as well.
100_0780.jpg

Yay! Cheap plinking!

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the gun shop to get ammo, a holster or whatever and came home with a new / new to me gun! I'd love to find a Colt Woodsman to adopt someday!

Ya I had a MIII follow me home. its funny how they just do that. :sarcastic:Good pick on the Kimber too.

It's G.A.S. at work again..

Gun Acquisition Syndrome... It almost happened to me today. I was looking at a stainless Walther PPK 380... Ummm small for summer carry... Price was right... It almost had me...

Perhaps another day...

I own a Ruger MK III 22 / 45

It's cheap to shoot and ......

After you shoot it a few times you'll begin to realize how EZ it is to group a 10 round clip in the black at 30 feet, then it will deceive you into thinking the Kimber should stay at home. :sarcastic:

I went to the gun shop today to get a new holster for the Kimber I picked up yesterday.

I got to poking around and putting my nose on the glass like I always do. I happened to spy a Ruger MkII that wasn't there yesterday. ( I have been looking )

Well, needless to say it looked like it needed a home and once I handled it for a few minutes it just wouldn't let me put it back in the case.
So. For this week the score is gun store 2 checkbook 0.
I did get a Desantis Tuck This II for the Kimber.
But I also gave a slightly used Ruger a new home as well.
100_0780.jpg

Yay! Cheap plinking!

Nice! Have fun with the new stray!

I own a Ruger MK III 22 / 45

It's cheap to shoot and ......

After you shoot it a few times you'll begin to realize how EZ it is to group a 10 round clip in the black at 30 feet, then it will deceive you into thinking the Kimber should stay at home. :sarcastic:

First time out it had me deceived. The minute I paid 42 bucks for 100 .45 target rounds and then paid 12 bucks for 200 for the MkII. The Kimber is my primary carry now after putting a solid 500 rounds through it the last week to make sure it was going to be reliable so it goes everywhere though. The MkII is everything I remember them to be from my late teens at the range though. It's accurate, ez, and fun.

I had to laugh out loud a little when I read the post above about just going to get ammo or a holster and another gun "following you home". I thought I was the only one that this happened to. I've gotten to where if I have "extra money" I'll not go to the gun store on purpose. I know if I go in the gun shop the chances of keeping said "extra money" in my checking account are slim and none. My safe is slam full of those strays.:biggrin:

I've managed to control these impulses. Unless you include the S&W 642 I bought for my mom. But I do have a 10mm Colt calling my name...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back