I know some of you are going to bash me

I just have a couple of questions. Do you conceal carry your weapon when you go into a public building like the courthouse? If not why not? If you're called to jury duty and you have been invited in, right? Do you go armed to pay a ticket?
Would you let a person conceal carry into your home if you had posted "No Firearms"? What would you do, if they did, and you discovered it? What if they refused?
How would this differ if you had a home office and you discovered they were carrying and you had posted your house?
No offense, just wondering.
Inquiring minds want to know.

Unless I have committed a crime and have been convicted of it, my RIGHT to have/carry/possess any inanimate object I wish to carry for self defense is still in effect, no matter where I am on this earth........ Have men passed "laws" or made "rules" saying the opposite? Yes they have.. but my right still remains despite these infringements simply because the right to self defense (and that right includes the tools to do it with) does NOT simply vanish once I cross an imaginary line.... AS LONG as the inanimate objects do not physically harm anyone (stay in the holster for example) then it in no way shape or form has possibly even hinted at infringing on anyone elses "Rights" no matter how much you "sheep" and "just do what they say" crowd want to say it ie... sneaking, dishonest, discourteous, whatever....

treo, You FAIL to think things through to the end... If I, as an individual of THE GENERAL PUBLIC have been INVITED ONTO someones property, my RIGHTS come with me... IF a property owner wishes to discriminate against some of the PUBLIC... and he has every right to do so... once he has decided to discriminate against a certain type/thing/person... HE NO LONGER HAS INVITED THE PUBLIC...... only certain people, and now he has in effect created a private club.. In order for a "private club" to have its "rules" broken... It needs you to agree to them before allowing you in (membership)..... UNTIL the place of business has you sign a membership form, all of your rights are still in full force... no matter what "rules" someone has...

Ever hear of Sams Club? Costco? they have "Rules" which you agree to when JOINING their club... THEN you have to abide by the rules and ONLY WHEN YOU DONT DO WHAT YOU AGREED TO are you guilty of "Sneaking", "Dishonesty", or being "discourteous", etc..... I swear some of you have no clue about reality and how it works......

Going somewhere else to shop is of no concern... I , as a member of the PUBLIC have been INVITED.... If I choose, as a member of the public to shop there, I do.... The owners "rules" are none of my concern, at least as far as my RIGHT to carry anything goes.... If you consider that a bad thing, why would that concern me? I dont give a rats azz what others think... I am not here to please others.... I am here to stay alive while shopping.... or at least have a fighting chance... Here is something else your pea brain probably cannot wrap itself around... I actually have no problem LEAVING the "store" or whatever you want to call it IF the owner somehow becomes aware of me breaking his "rules"...... figure THAT one out..... dont hurt yourself though....

Sheep...Sheep dog...and wolves. I choose not to go into establishments that do not allow firearms because it's their Right to deny entry to me. I do this because I do not want to be disarmed and be a sheep, which would then put me in the sheepdog category. People who disrespectfully enter someone else's property against their Right to deny the gun owner, is what I would consider a wolf.

It doesn't take a private club to have sign that says, "We reserve the Right to deny service to anyone." Which had been in nearly every big box store I've been in if you look for it.

No-one anywhere at any time has proven AT ALL that an inanimate object can INFRINGE on someones RIGHTS.... None of you seem capable of comprehending the difference between rights and rules.....

No-one anywhere at any time has proven AT ALL that an inanimate object can INFRINGE on someones RIGHTS.... None of you seem capable of comprehending the difference between rights and rules.....

And you don't seem to understand that anyone but you (ie. a store owner) has rights. I'm done cause you don't care to listen.

Would you let a person conceal carry into your home if you had posted "No Firearms"? What would you do, if they did, and you discovered it? What if they refused?

To be fair your home is different because normally people don’t enter except by specific invitation. One ASS. U. MEs that you wouldn’t let a person into your home that you would trust to be armed in it.

10A. Which also gives me the Right to deny entry to anyone with a shirt on that has a racial or drug related message across it.

Being that our society is based on some semblance of civility, (most of the time?), I personally respect the owners' wishes to disallow concealed (or open carry) in the business. Sure, I mutter an expletive under my breath, depending on how far away I've parked, after reading the sign.

I enter the business because I need something from them, now, and as much as I'd like to shop at a store that has no sign, I live in a rural area, and that isn't economical for me.

If something happens and I am injured or killed inside the store by a deranged person, I have chosen to be a victim, because I respected the owners desires. I do this because I believe in mutual respect. My rights and chest thumping bravado about it, while ignoring the sign and carrying anyway, aren't in my course of action. If nothing else, respect for the owner is, as I humbly march back to my car and put my sidearm it its designated cave. It's who I am; I'm respectful to those who have conditions of entry on their door. I'm not offended, just inconvenienced with a mutter or two, and as above trudge to the mother ship to dock my hardware.

I have an acquaintance who is an instructor, who regularly carries into retail establishments even with door signs. He is of the same mold that his right to protection trumps wishes of the owners. He doesn't carry in all the important, restricted areas, as do we all.

So there it is; some do, some don't, after 29 pages of discussion.

Being that our society is based on some semblance of civility, (most of the time?), I personally respect the owners' wishes to disallow concealed (or open carry) in the business. Sure, I mutter an expletive under my breath, depending on how far away I've parked, after reading the sign.

I enter the business because I need something from them, now, and as much as I'd like to shop at a store that has no sign, I live in a rural area, and that isn't economical for me.

If something happens and I am injured or killed inside the store by a deranged person, I have chosen to be a victim, because I respected the owners desires. I do this because I believe in mutual respect. My rights and chest thumping bravado about it, while ignoring the sign and carrying anyway, aren't in my course of action. If nothing else, respect for the owner is, as I humbly march back to my car and put my sidearm it its designated cave. It's who I am; I'm respectful to those who have conditions of entry on their door. I'm not offended, just inconvenienced with a mutter or two, and as above trudge to the mother ship to dock my hardware.

I have an acquaintance who is an instructor, who regularly carries into retail establishments even with door signs. He is of the same mold that his right to protection trumps wishes of the owners. He doesn't carry in all the important, restricted areas, as do we all.

So there it is; some do, some don't, after 29 pages of discussion.

I, like you, live in an out of the way part of the state. As much as I'd like to give the owner a piece of my mind, it does no good, as the person working there isn't the owner.
~
The rest of this is mostly for people who don't live in Arkansas.
Most stores don't have the right signage anyway, gun with circle line thru it, I could carry in the store anyway. Signs have the force of law in Arkansas. Legal signs are 1 inch high letters visible from 10 feet with “carrying a handgun is prohibited”. . Since I understand what the owners wishes are, I don't carry in his store. Just the way I am. Too late to change now. That's how a lot of the citizens of our natural state are. Most of us are considerate of each others wishes and feelings. A lot of it is just plain old manners in the south. We also don't have many signs here anyway. One I know of in my town and it's not legal but I don't carry in there anyway. Just plain old manners.
~
When you come across a business that is posted don't just walk away. That business needs to know that they lost your business because of their “No Gun” sign. Giving them a “No Firearms = No Money” card would do just that. You can print free “No Firearms = No Money” cards by going Here.

Tap your menu button on your phone. Tap the option to un subscribe from this topic.

Sent from my Samsung Note II

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back