I know some of you are going to bash me

itsb

so go ahead,when I took my ccw I was against it because I felt that it was against the 2nd adm.,but I went ahead and took it,my instructer was a very strict and very serous about his job and was very GOOD,in my opp.you could not find a better instuctor.He spent a lot of time on law,shooting,handling and other stuff of importance.We went over on the time by an hour or so,no problem he was very intersing,very pacient with people that had little to no exp.with guns,the one thing that he did stress that I have always belived in is that it is up to you to protect yourself and yours.NOW REMEMBER he taugh us where it is illegel to carry,BUT he also liked to make it clear that was why it is called CONCEALED CARRY!so when someone wants to know if it is ok to take a gun here or there I say that is why they call it conceal carry!!!NOW if you go by that as with the rest of your actions in life you have to be RESPONSABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!now thats all I got to say about that

You can do anything once. When you get caught concealed carry in a gun free zone, the penalties can be pretty stiff. But, you are responsible for your own actions or inaction's. It's a personal choice.

I CC in gun free zones when I have to go to a gun free zone. In Colorado a sign doesn't carry the weight of the law so I'll just leave if I'm asked. (Except for the post office and other property like that)

so go ahead,when I took my ccw I was against it because I felt that it was against the 2nd adm.,but I went ahead and took it,my instructer was a very strict and very serous about his job and was very GOOD,in my opp.you could not find a better instuctor.He spent a lot of time on law,shooting,handling and other stuff of importance.We went over on the time by an hour or so,no problem he was very intersing,very pacient with people that had little to no exp.with guns,the one thing that he did stress that I have always belived in is that it is up to you to protect yourself and yours.NOW REMEMBER he taugh us where it is illegel to carry,BUT he also liked to make it clear that was why it is called CONCEALED CARRY!so when someone wants to know if it is ok to take a gun here or there I say that is why they call it conceal carry!!!NOW if you go by that as with the rest of your actions in life you have to be RESPONSABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!now thats all I got to say about that
As long as you are willing to pay the piper for breaking the law, have at it I guess. Not real smart, though, IMO.

No, I shall not carry in a gun free zone. Now, if there is an issue that does require such, I might, but I can not think of anyplace I HAVE to go that is gun free. There was a news caster on one of the ChiCom stations, MSNBC or CNBC that had clown that asked the question, what would it be like if everyone carried a gun in a supermarket. I have said, "ARIZONA".

I'm with you, except I don't believe it is honorable to carry where a property owner has posted a gunbuster sign (whether he knows you are carrying, or not).
For me, the right choice is to avoid the place and carry elsewhere if at all possible. That's just me. Maybe I'm quirky.

It's a risk/reward analysis. If someone take a concealed firearm in a gun free zone and that firearm saves the lives of their family, but they go to jail, it may be worth it to them.

It sounds like the instructor was an x-cop. When we were in the Academy and reviewing an upcoming test the TI would say "THIS IS IMPORTANT" in a loud voice before telling us something that was going to be on the test. What your instructor in essence was saying is your carrying concealed who will know (other than you) unless you say anything, or are so new to carrying that your body language gives you away. Usually you'll be told by management that carrying is not allowed in their establishment and have you leave. If you get a major ****, or nervous Nelly cops will be called and after embarrassing you by removing you from restaurant ask why you have a gun. Just explain you have a permit and claim ignorance of establishment rules (Even if they have a giant sign on the window-just say you were not facing that way when you entered) they cannot put words in your mouth to the opposite. Most you'll get is a fine if that. Unless your in a bar drinking like a fish then your screwed. I carry every where except where they can shoot back, courts, banks all the usual.

I get so tired of this old crap about...

"Concealed means concealed" so if you are carrying concealed then no one will know you are carrying a gun when you go somewhere guns are banned. And if no one knows you are sneaking in a gun then it's Ok.

It's easy to be honorable when everyone knows what you are doing.... but a truly honorable man still does the honorable thing even when the only one who knows is himself.

I am dismayed how many folks will compromise their honor just for the convenience of shopping at the local "no guns allowed business".

I find it amazing that many folks will demand their right to bear arms be honored yet will not honor the property owner's right to ban guns and, even worse, will also advise other people to do it too.

Property owner (business or homeowner) has a "no guns" rule? Don't go there armed. Better yet... keep your honor intact and don't go where guns are banned armed or not and especially don't support any business that doesn't honor the right to bear arms by not going there at all.

Think about this for a moment....

Joe's grocery bans guns... you do the "concealed means concealed" thing and shop there because it is convenient..... or you are an honorable man and leave your gun in the car while you shop at Joe's grocery. Either way Joe uses the profit he made on your purchases to open another grocery store that.............. bans guns.

It's a risk/reward analysis. If someone take a concealed firearm in a gun free zone and that firearm saves the lives of their family, but they go to jail, it may be worth it to them.

ya if my family were in danger I would TAKE RESPONSABLTY and protect them even if it meant I may go to jail!!! No I am not telling others to do as I do,I am saying that you need to TAKE RESPONSABLTY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!!now for the BIG thing that some JUST DONT GET,all of these gun laws that are on the books now are aginst the 2nd adm.

O-ya I do agree 100% if a store owner is aginst guns I do not support them BUT IT IS NOT BECAUSE IT IS THE HONORABLE THING TO DO.

So I'm guessing that the OP is OK with being a criminal as long as he/she thinks it's OK. Isn't that kind of the same mind set a BG uses?

I CC in gun free zones when I have to go to a gun free zone. In Colorado a sign doesn't carry the weight of the law so I'll just leave if I'm asked. (Except for the post office and other property like that)

What's a "post office"?

What some folks need to understand is that THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS ONLY BINDING ON THE GOVERNMENT .... NOT ON PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS AND/OR PRIVATE PROPERTY OWNERS!!!

What some folks also need to understand is that you get to make the rules for your house because you own it and that is your private property right... and a business owner gets to make the rules for his business property because he owns it and it is his right... (some laws, like for protected classes, apply to businesses).

An example...

You decide to have a garage sale.... and open your property to the public so you can sell stuff. But you put out a sign that says... "no guns allowed on the premises". You have the right to do that because you own the property.

A store opens it's doors to the public so the owner can sell stuff. He puts out a sign that says "no guns allowed on the premises". He has the right to do that because he owns the property.

It's the same thing for both. And the 2nd Amendment "shall not be infringed" has no binding power on either you the homeowner, or him/her/them the business owner(s).

Oh... and thinking that "concealed means concealed" means it's Ok for you to sneak in a gun where it's not wanted because if no one knows then you can get away with it has one major flaw. YOU KNOW you are disrespecting another man's rights. Take responsibility for your own actions and either respect the rights of others or don't complain when they don't respect your rights!

I do not understand how anyone, in good conscience, can expect their right to bear arms be respected while intentionally disrespecting another persons property rights? Rights are rights and either we respect them all or we are being hypocrites picking and choosing which right is Ok and which isn't. And isn't that what the anti gunners do?

And those who want the right to bear arms respected but would still support a business that bans guns whether by sneaking in a gun because "concealed means concealed" so as long as no one knows it is there then they "get away" with it, or those who leave their gun in the car because it's convenient to frequent that business, are helping to.... ban guns. And that makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

What some folks need to understand is that THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS ONLY BINDING ON THE GOVERNMENT .... NOT ON PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS AND/OR PRIVATE PROPERTY OWNERS!!!

What some folks also need to understand is that you get to make the rules for your house because you own it and that is your private property right... and a business owner gets to make the rules for his business property because he owns it and it is his right... (some laws, like for protected classes, apply to businesses).

An example...

You decide to have a garage sale.... and open your property to the public so you can sell stuff. But you put out a sign that says... "no guns allowed on the premises". You have the right to do that because you own the property.

A store opens it's doors to the public so the owner can sell stuff. He puts out a sign that says "no guns allowed on the premises". He has the right to do that because he owns the property.

It's the same thing for both. And the 2nd Amendment "shall not be infringed" has no binding power on either you the homeowner, or him/her/them the business owner(s).

Oh... and thinking that "concealed means concealed" means it's Ok for you to sneak in a gun where it's not wanted because if no one knows then you can get away with it has one major flaw. YOU KNOW you are disrespecting another man's rights. Take responsibility for your own actions and either respect the rights of others or don't complain when they don't respect your rights!

I do not understand how anyone, in good conscience, can expect their right to bear arms be respected while intentionally disrespecting another persons property rights? Rights are rights and either we respect them all or we are being hypocrites picking and choosing which right is Ok and which isn't. And isn't that what the anti gunners do?

And those who want the right to bear arms respected but would still support a business that bans guns whether by sneaking in a gun because "concealed means concealed" so as long as no one knows it is there then they "get away" with it, or those who leave their gun in the car because it's convenient to frequent that business, are helping to.... ban guns. And that makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

when you open a store to the public or yard sale that is differnt than your home! you inviting everyone in even the BAD GUY WITH A GUN! as far as supporing business against guns,read earler post

when you open a store to the public or yard sale that is differnt than your home! you inviting everyone in even the BAD GUY WITH A GUN! as far as supporing business against guns,read earler post
Opening your property to the public whether for a garage sale or for a brand new Wal Mart you still opened your property (invited the public... including the bad guy... into/onto the property) to the public. In Wal Mart's case it is their parking lot and the store building... in the case of your garage sale it is your driveway and your garage.

And there is no difference between a businesses right to ban guns inside it's stores and your right to ban guns inside your house/home.

Same thing for both.

The 2nd Amendment only applies to the government and does not apply to me, you, that guy over there, and any business owner who has a business open to the public.

And I did read your post and we are on the same page about not supporting businesses that do not support the right to bear arms.

O-ya I do agree 100% if a store owner is aginst guns I do not support them BUT IT IS NOT BECAUSE IT IS THE HONORABLE THING TO DO.

Before I respond to your post, I am going to point out that your punctuation just sucks. My father and i aren't even remotely close. Matter of fact, if there is ever a push for confiscation, my blood will be on his grubby snitch hands. But....he is a professor of English Literature and taught me how to punctuate my sentences. It's very important to punctuate your sentences as lots of meaning and intent is lost when you don't punctuate. Reading this is as hard as reading the love notes from a girl I dated in middle school and dumped because it annoyed me.

Secondly, if your wife sells your card collection and you never find out; it's still wrong. So is trespassing if there's a no guns sign that holds the weight of law.

ya I hear that a LOT tri,you sound like my teachers back in school,my dad had a thing about maners and he would say that yours realy sucks,so that makes us even. lol if you think that my ritin is hard to read you should see me try to type!!! now if I understand your thinking posting a gun free zone sign makes a place safe?

ya I hear that a LOT tri,you sound like my teachers back in school,my dad had a thing about maners and he would say that yours realy sucks,so that makes us even. lol if you think that my ritin is hard to read you should see me try to type!!! now if I understand your thinking posting a gun free zone sign makes a place safe?

Whaaaaaat? I am so not a jerk, jerk! Going in armed anyways is rude to property owners, but if the sign carries the force of law, it is illegal AND rude. It doesn't matter if the rude property owner didn't respect your right to carry because, like your dad says, TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT!

The gun free sign on my front door makes it safer for me. I like having the only gun in the room.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back