I have been arrested 2 times since my CCW permit lapsed...

Are they possibly the same person?

I'm quite sure of it

Funny thing is, reading most stuff here, between him and lots of other folks, I spend most of the time shaking my head. It's like one of those reality shows that I swear can't be real. Dude ain't got the monopoly on crazy in these parts. It do be deep 'round here on all sides a lot of the time.

So which is it? Arrested two times or three times? You posted in two forums the same question.
My answer for both is that you are TOAST!

I wouldn't grant u a permit.

You don't even own a firearm
2qx9w2g_th.jpg

I had a CCW permit around the year 2000 and let it lapse.

I have been arrested twice since then, but both times charges were dismissed.

Both arrests involved domestic disturbances, my wife and I were arguing...

During the first arrest my 45 acp was removed from my home even though it was not used, brandished, or in any way connected with the disturbance.

This gun has since been returned to me by the county sheriff.

And no, I have not beaten my wife.

I have NEVER been convicted of any crime.

Will this affect my recently applied for INDIANA CCW permit?

Thanks!

You're in a shall issue state. If you're not prohibited by law you will get a permit. People can drone on with their opinions all day long but they mean nothing.

why were you even arrested for just a domestic squabble and who called the cops to the scene?? here in florida it's hard to get a permit with a domestic violence on your record and denied if physical harm was done

From Indiana Code 35-47-2-1:

(g) A license to carry a handgun shall not be issued to any person who:
(1) has been convicted of a felony;
(2) has had a license to carry a handgun suspended, unless the person's license has been reinstated;
(3) is under eighteen (18) years of age;
(4) is under twenty-three (23) years of age if the person has been adjudicated a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult; or
(5) has been arrested for a Class A or Class B felony, or any other felony that was committed while armed with a deadly weapon or that involved the use of violence, if a court has found probable cause to believe that the person committed the offense charged.
In the case of an arrest under subdivision (5), a license to carry a handgun may be issued to a person who has been acquitted of the specific offense charged or if the charges for the specific offense are dismissed. The superintendent shall prescribe all forms to be used in connection with the administration of this chapter.
Link Removed

Looks like you're okay if the charges were dismissed.

why were you even arrested for just a domestic squabble and who called the cops to the scene?? here in florida it's hard to get a permit with a domestic violence on your record and denied if physical harm was done

I was arrested the first time because the police wanted me to leave for the evening. I told them I had no where to go, and that they could just take me to jail. They did. The charges were eventually dismissed.

The second time I went to jail after I called the police. The officer said I was uncooperative. I was released a few hours later. The charges were dismissed.

I have had my 45 returned to me by the County Sheriff since then, and have also purchased a Sig P229E. I get a delayed status with purchases.

I had a CCW permit around the year 2000 and let it lapse.

I have been arrested twice since then, but both times charges were dismissed.

Both arrests involved domestic disturbances, my wife and I were arguing...

During the first arrest my 45 acp was removed from my home even though it was not used, brandished, or in any way connected with the disturbance.

This gun has since been returned to me by the county sheriff.

Given the current atmosphere; you may very well be denied.
While true that Indiana is a "Shall Issue" state; you are on the radar.

I was denied..appealed and won my appeal, from a charge that was 30 years old, and a misdemeanor at that.

You can be denied at several levels. In your case, you may soon see how this works.
One level is being denied "by local law enforcement." (i.e) Your Sheriff or city PD.

Domestic Violence; convicted or not will be something local LE will look at and may block you.

You will know soon enough.

If you are denied, let me know. The appeal process is NOT what most think it is.

Its a PITA when a older post is found and everybody puts in there two cents and you never hear from the OP, ............but on the subject, with two domestic arrests I seriously doubt he gets a permit

Otis. You're the guy who claims your Glock went off by itself sitting on the mantle. And you judge this guy? You're uninformed and in my professional opinion as an instructor, dangerous to society with a gun. Holy smokes. Everytime I stop shaking my head in disbelief someone starts it bobbling again. I should sell little BC1 bobbleheads.

You need your own BC1 bobble head smiley for those post!

Guess what...

I got my permit in the mail today on June 21, 2013

My money orders are dated August 21, 2012

I checked the mail everyday...

:D

Its a PITA when a older post is found and everybody puts in there two cents and you never hear from the OP, ............but on the subject, with two domestic arrests I seriously doubt he gets a permit

I had my doubts too.

An arrest and a conviction are two different things. I work in healthcare. I recently completed a criminal background check that came back clean.

Not everyone that gets arrested has done something wrong.

Otis. You're the guy who claims your Glock went off by itself sitting on the mantle. And you judge this guy? You're uninformed and in my professional opinion as an instructor, dangerous to society with a gun. Holy smokes. Everytime I stop shaking my head in disbelief someone starts it bobbling again. I should sell little BC1 bobbleheads.

I'll take a few lol

Guess what...

I got my permit in the mail today on June 21, 2013

My money orders are dated August 21, 2012

I checked the mail everyday...

:D

Well good for you dude, glad you made out, in a lot of states and counties you would have been screwed, even without the conviction, if the arresting officer or department puts the wrong thing in there report

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back