I have been arrested 2 times since my CCW permit lapsed...

AlphaProtocol

I had a CCW permit around the year 2000 and let it lapse.

I have been arrested twice since then, but both times charges were dismissed.

Both arrests involved domestic disturbances, my wife and I were arguing...

During the first arrest my 45 acp was removed from my home even though it was not used, brandished, or in any way connected with the disturbance.

This gun has since been returned to me by the county sheriff.

And no, I have not beaten my wife.

I have NEVER been convicted of any crime.

Will this affect my recently applied for INDIANA CCW permit?

Thanks!

I had a CCW permit around the year 2000 and let it lapse.

I have been arrested twice since then, but both times charges were dismissed.

Both arrests involved domestic disturbances, my wife and I were arguing...

During the first arrest my 45 acp was removed from my home even though it was not used, brandished, or in any way connected with the disturbance.

This gun has since been returned to me by the county sheriff.

And no, I have not beaten my wife.

I have NEVER been convicted of any crime.

Will this affect my recently applied for INDIANA CCW permit?

Thanks!

Sounds to me like you and your wife would both be better off seperated imho.

If you lived here in the people's republic of Massachusetts, you'd be royally screwed. Each town/city police chief can use his or her on discretion in determining whether or not to issue a CCW permit, and can use any background record, thrown out or not, in their determination.

I wouldn't grant u a permit.
Otis. You're the guy who claims your Glock went off by itself sitting on the mantle. And you judge this guy? You're uninformed and in my professional opinion as an instructor, dangerous to society with a gun. Holy smokes. Everytime I stop shaking my head in disbelief someone starts it bobbling again. I should sell little BC1 bobbleheads.

Regarding the original post, I believe this is why renewals are a bad law in any state. The permit should be good for life unless a criminal conviction occurs. In NYS the permit wouldn't need be renewed but any DV call requiresd the approval of the licensing officer to get the gun back. Similar to what you experienced. I would think if he gave back the gun then there should be no issue. If charges are dropped you should be returned to the status you enjoyed before the arrest.

I wouldn't grant u a permit.

I'm a registered nurse. would you let me care for your grandmother?

If the state thinks I'm okay to administer medications, write physician orders, patient care plans, and perform advanced life support, should I be allowed to carry a concealed weapon?

I have made a few mistakes in my life, and so has my wife; but, I have never hurt anyone. I have never been convicted of a crime.

I can appreciate your stalwart opinion OtisM; however, you have prejudiced yourself against me without really understanding my past.

agree w/marslog. as long as ALL the questions are truthfully answered and there are no convictions you should be ok. at least here in tennessee you would be.

I'm a registered nurse. would you let me care for your grandmother?

If the state thinks I'm okay to administer medications, write physician orders, patient care plans, and perform advanced life support, should I be allowed to carry a concealed weapon?

I have made a few mistakes in my life, and so has my wife; but, I have never hurt anyone. I have never been convicted of a crime.

I can appreciate your stalwart opinion OtisM; however, you have prejudiced yourself against me without really understanding my past.

FWIW OtisM and Shoobee are two sides of the same troll, your life here will be much easier if you just put them on ignore now

FWIW OtisM and Shoobee are two sides of the same troll, your life here will be much easier if you just put them on ignore now
Are they possibly the same person? I don't put anyone on the list because it helps me understand the thoughts of the other side. One primary rule of engagement is "know your enemy." But my friggin head hurts from shaking it in disbelief. It's like watching MSDNC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back