Hunting Blinds

Hey guys,

So because I am a rather large individual, I decided to hunt from a ground blind this year instead of going up in a tree. My question is, do you guys (or know anyone) who leaves their blinds setup? I was thinking about leaving it setup but don't want to risk anyone stealing it or destorying it. Anyone have any expierence with this? Just curious.

Thanks,
Capo

Yup. Lost a blind last year due to a big storm. My son and I had tied it down pretty well with extra guy lines, to no avail. Like you, tho, I'm a big guy (290 lbs) and I'm less and less fond of climbing up trees as I get older. I guess I'd still leave a ground blind out cause putting it up and down is a pain and might spook the critters. But, I'd pay closer attention to weather. FWIW.

PS. It was on private land, so theft wasn't an issue for us.

Yup. Lost a blind last year due to a big storm. My son and I had tied it down pretty well with extra guy lines, to no avail. Like you, tho, I'm a big guy (290 lbs) and I'm less and less fond of climbing up trees as I get older. I guess I'd still leave a ground blind out cause putting it up and down is a pain and might spook the critters. But, I'd pay closer attention to weather. FWIW.

PS. It was on private land, so theft wasn't an issue for us.

Sorry about the lost blind! i I am more worried about theft since my buddy had a stand stolen out of the area. I am hoping I can find some way to secure it from theft (can't think of anything off the top of my head that would secure it). I would like to be able to just leave it up, so animals can get use to it and not be spooked by it. Any ideas for securing it? Over 300 here, so not many stands for me.

-Capo-

Man, I can't imagine how you might make it "theft-proof". About the only thing I can think of is to check the darn thing everyday, but, of course, that's not always possible. Mine was 25 miles away, so that wouldn't have worked. Booby trap it, maybe! :biggrin:

Seriously, it sounds to me like you might lose it. Any other place to hunt, where theft might not be a factor?

Man, I can't imagine how you might make it "theft-proof". About the only thing I can think of is to check the darn thing everyday, but, of course, that's not always possible. Mine was 25 miles away, so that wouldn't have worked. Booby trap it, maybe! :biggrin:

Seriously, it sounds to me like you might lose it. Any other place to hunt, where theft might not be a factor?

HAHA I like the booy trap idea. I think I got a hot spot so I don't wanna move haha, but I might. I could always just lug it back and forth with me. Would be a pain, but would at least keep it safe. Could set it up and leave it for just a few days. I dunno, might just lug it back and forth

Thanks,
Capo

Place a small sign on it saying internet camera watching blind. It can't hurt and maybe one of them fake cameras high in a tree to convince one. My blind sits out and all i worry about is the weather beating it up.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back