Huffpost reporter can't tell the difference between ear plugs and rubber bullets!

E

ezkl2230

Huffpost reporter Ryan J. Reilly, reporting on Ferguson, tweeted this photo:

Link Removed

With this caption: "I believe these are rubber bullets, can anyone confirm? #Fergurson"

He did finally tweet the following: "I retract that suggestion, they are earplugs. Apologies."

:wacko::blink::sarcastic:

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/500992658110554113/photo/1

Bet he was deathly afraid to touch them. They might have gone off!

Perhaps he thought they were Nerf bullets?

Yes, well of course this is relevant to Ryan Reilly being one of the journalists who were arrested in the McDonalds a few nights ago for not packing up fast enough (less than a minute before he was arrested after first being slammed against either a wall or a fountain soda machine - Wes Lowery of WaPo arrested at the same time - one was thrown against the wall, the other thrown into the soda machine).

It is baffling to me how or why anybody is trying to make the Ferguson thing about anything other than what the main point of controversy is about: Was Michael Brown shot while his hands were up and begging for his life, or not? It is a side-issue as to the arrest of journalists, but mistaking earplugs for rubber bullets is a non-issue just to make fun of someone who was abused and had his rights violated in the same jurisdiction where many people in this country believe a young man was murdered by a cop.

Blues

Still funny though. Does anyone know what type of "rubber bullets" are actually used by the police?

Problem is that becomes a media feeding frenzy which trivializes everything, in favor of sensationalism and misinformation. Rubber bullet earplugs is just an example of the media misinformation, whether due to malice or ignorance. Heard a local newscast say that an officer "gunned down" Micheal Brown. Is that on evidence or speculation? It certainly intends to create a certain image.

Problem is that becomes a media feeding frenzy which trivializes everything, in favor of sensationalism and misinformation. Rubber bullet earplugs is just an example of the media misinformation, whether due to malice or ignorance. Heard a local newscast say that an officer "gunned down" Micheal Brown. Is that on evidence or speculation? It certainly intends to create a certain image.

That is happening on all sides of the argument. Just look at the other Mike Brown thread and see how much speculation is spreading based on unconfirmed information.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Yes, ear plugs are rubber bullets and every gun is an AR-15 "machine gun". I thought these journalist were supposed to be educated.

... It is a side-issue as to the arrest of journalists, but mistaking earplugs for rubber bullets is a non-issue just to make fun of someone who was abused and had his rights violated in the same jurisdiction where many people in this country believe a young man was murdered by a cop.

Blues

Seeing as I was unaware that this particular journalist had been arrested (I WAS aware of the al Jazeera run-in) in Ferguson, as far as I am concerned, this is simply about one thing: a writer for a virulently anti-gun media outlet once again displaying his abject ignorance of the issue. He doesn't get a pass for that in my book because of his previous run-in, as bad as that was.

Since when has asking a question, seeking an answer, been known as abject ignorance?

If that's the case...ALL gun owners are ignorant since we ALL have had questions before.

Firefighterchen, you are right in that if a person is asking a question then that person is currently in a state of ignorance.

Ignorant: "lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular."

I think what ezkl2230 is pointing out is that this reporter writes for a media outlet that holds strong anti-gun views, and while he may or may not have the same opinion it's comical because this reporter's ignorance of the topic of firearms is likely affiliated to a serious ignorance of firearms from most of Huffington post reporters and other anti-gunners in general. And THAT ignorance is ridiculous and deserves condemnation and ridicule, because people who push an agenda should be well-informed of the issue that they're manipulating.

Since when has asking a question, seeking an answer, been known as abject ignorance?
Because you don't send someone to cover the Yankee game who knows nothing about baseball. One can't expect accurate reporting when the reporter knows nothing on the subject.

Firefighterchen, you are right in that if a person is asking a question then that person is currently in a state of ignorance.

Ignorant: "lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular."

I think what ezkl2230 is pointing out is that this reporter writes for a media outlet that holds strong anti-gun views, and while he may or may not have the same opinion it's comical because this reporter's ignorance of the topic of firearms is likely affiliated to a serious ignorance of firearms from most of Huffington post reporters and other anti-gunners in general. And THAT ignorance is ridiculous and deserves condemnation and ridicule, because people who push an agenda should be well-informed of the issue that they're manipulating.

Then I must ask, is it okay to ridicule other gun owners for pushing a pro gun agenda and asking questions?

Because you don't send someone to cover the Yankee game who knows nothing about baseball. One can't expect accurate reporting when the reporter knows nothing on the subject.

I see your point. I'm not sure who would be best suited for which ever subject they are trying to cover...murder...self defense...police brutality...riots...who has that experience?

A Tweet, asking a question and two minutes later Tweeting to provide the correct answer that he got, is not "reporting."

Reporting is videotaping your own abusive and rights-denying arrest and detailing the events to multitudes of media outlets about it.

I'm no fan of HuffPo, leftists, gun-grabbers or the media in general either. Nor am I a fan of thieves and robbers. But I love the Constitution more than I dislike those people, and focusing on this kind of minutia in light of the wholesale government abuses being broadcast every few minutes on all the news channels, plus being broadcast live on several streaming video websites from various locations around the town, is small-ball of the first order.

Newsflash, just to get this out of the way for anyone who doesn't already know:

Gun-grabbers are idiots. They're either constitutional illiterates or active and willing enemies of the Constitution. They are lackeys for the premise of government control of everything.

And even though their own argument(s) seek to lessen the impact of it, the Constitution still applies to them. This is a government abuse and overreach story, not an ignorant gun-grabber story.

Blues

A Tweet, asking a question and two minutes later Tweeting to provide the correct answer that he got, is not "reporting."

Reporting is videotaping your own abusive and rights-denying arrest and detailing the events to multitudes of media outlets about it.

I'm no fan of HuffPo, leftists, gun-grabbers or the media in general either. Nor am I a fan of thieves and robbers. But I love the Constitution more than I dislike those people, and focusing on this kind of minutia in light of the wholesale government abuses being broadcast every few minutes on all the news channels, plus being broadcast live on several streaming video websites from various locations around the town, is small-ball of the first order.

Newsflash, just to get this out of the way for anyone who doesn't already know:

Gun-grabbers are idiots. They're either constitutional illiterates or active and willing enemies of the Constitution. They are lackeys for the premise of government control of everything.

And even though their own argument(s) seek to lessen the impact of it, the Constitution still applies to them. This is a government abuse and overreach story, not an ignorant gun-grabber story.

Blues

Deflection is the Constitution's worst enemy in this case...and it's "pro Constitutionalists" doing the deflecting...

While the press calls rubber bullets one thing, non-lethal rounds. The truth is, they can kill. So yes, the police unless there is an actual riot going on, are using excessive force. A few officers on horses would be better crowd control. Riot control require a step up in tactics but it appears these PDs don't have their training right. Use the rubber bullets on the looters coming out of the stores. Not just the crowds protesting.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back