HR 38 now has 212 Co-Sponsors

Ok. So now. It appears dc has bin knocked down. With reasonable cause. As should be listed as a shall issue state. Yes. They will charge a fee. For residents and non residents. But in my opinion. It’s time to hop on the train. And push hr 38. Although. In my heart. The whole country should be constitutional carry. But I do believe. That it’s a step in the correct direction. Ok. I’m the target now .... tell me how you really feel (•)........ let’s get this conversation going.

Here's a question for you... What do the Second Amendment and the Interstate Commerce Clause have in common?

And here's the answer: Absolutely nothing.

HR 38 gets its power to tell states what to do from the Commerce Clause.

Americans get their right to own/carry/defend themselves with guns from the Second Amendment.

A "right" that is structured under the government's authority to regulate via the Commerce Clause, is no right at all.

The Commerce Clause puts The People under the auspices of government's power to regulate.

When you go to reach for your gun when you need it after this Trojan Horse has passed, because you forgot that it's no longer there, if you get out of that need alive, run, don't walk, to a mirror and scold yourself for all you're worth for supporting this Trojan Horse.

Only morons trade their rights for an enumerated power of government to regulate. Don't be a moron.

Blues

Here's a question for you... What do the Second Amendment and the Interstate Commerce Clause have in common?

And here's the answer: Absolutely nothing.

HR 38 gets its power to tell states what to do from the Commerce Clause.

Americans get their right to own/carry/defend themselves with guns from the Second Amendment.

A "right" that is structured under the government's authority to regulate via the Commerce Clause, is no right at all.

The Commerce Clause puts The People under the auspices of government's power to regulate.

When you go to reach for your gun when you need it after this Trojan Horse has passed, because you forgot that it's no longer there, if you get out of that need alive, run, don't walk, to a mirror and scold yourself for all you're worth for supporting this Trojan Horse.

Only morons trade their rights for an enumerated power of government to regulate. Don't be a moron.

Blues
Quoted to emphasize the truth contained therein!

But in my opinion. It’s time to hop on the train. And push hr 38.

Hop on the train to further neuter the 2nd Amendment and hand over more power to the Federal government to regulate the bearing of firearms? No thank you. It's time to blow that train up, not hop on it. I'll bet you were probably all for the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act as well? You know, the one that prohibits carrying a firearm within 1000' of any school premises that uses the Commerce Clause as it's "authority." Here's what is going to happen if H.R. 38 passes. When the democrats regain control of the government, they are going to look at it and say.... You know, maybe the Federal government should know just WHO is carrying firearms, so we need to amend HR 38 to require them gun nuts to register their names and addresses with the Federal government if they are going to get a carry permit. And...you know....we should probably know what firearms they are going to carry...so we need to require them to register their guns that they are going to carry with the Feds. And...you know...they don't really need to carry more than 10 rounds.....and .38 is a big enough caliber, right? Oh, and nobody needs to carry in a bar, or a stadium, or a church..... We can add all that regulation, because, after, the people said that we can under the Commerce Clause.

And people like SR9 like to call me paranoid. How can it be paranoia when it has already historically happened with the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act?

Hop on the train to further neuter the 2nd Amendment and hand over more power to the Federal government to regulate the bearing of firearms? No thank you. It's time to blow that train up, not hop on it. I'll bet you were probably all for the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act as well? You know, the one that prohibits carrying a firearm within 1000' of any school premises that uses the Commerce Clause as it's "authority." Here's what is going to happen if H.R. 38 passes. When the democrats regain control of the government, they are going to look at it and say.... You know, maybe the Federal government should know just WHO is carrying firearms, so we need to amend HR 38 to require them gun nuts to register their names and addresses with the Federal government if they are going to get a carry permit. And...you know....we should probably know what firearms they are going to carry...so we need to require them to register their guns that they are going to carry with the Feds. And...you know...they don't really need to carry more than 10 rounds.....and .38 is a big enough caliber, right? Oh, and nobody needs to carry in a bar, or a stadium, or a church..... We can add all that regulation, because, after, the people said that we can under the Commerce Clause.

And people like SR9 like to call me paranoid. How can it be paranoia when it has already historically happened with the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act?
Totally agree. Paranoid? Since when is being aware paranoid? I still can't be made to understand why SR9 and others can't grasp the concept of government overreach. Go to your state legislature's page and spend an hour looking at proposed and pending legislation. You would become painfully aware that "lawmakers" are sitting around dreaming up ways to make their family, friends, and lobbyists more powerful.

National Reciprocity AND the darn silencer bills are just ways to eventually mandate changes that will put firearms owners in legal mazes of regulation and paperwork. The idea that we are pursuing or applauding more layers of compliance on top of what we already are unlawfully required to do is antithetical to the pure exercising of a right.

The Place to Be

So, are all of you who are against HR38 saying, if passed into law, you will refuse to conceal carry your guns across state lines unless you can pay fees to other states to let you do it?
How dumb is that?

Well. After looking further into this all. I agree. Hr 38. Is a horrible idea. So pushing for constitutional carry. In. Nj. Ny ct cali. Dc. ? Yha. I don’t see that happening either. But. Again. The fight is worth pushing. Shall not be infringed. Just wish it would be a little less complicated to regain our constitutional rights

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

So, are all of you who are against HR38 saying, if passed into law, you will refuse to conceal carry your guns across state lines unless you can pay fees to other states to let you do it?
How dumb is that?

None of us said that. You are putting words in other peoples' mouths. More than likely because you can't intelligently refute the clear arguments that we are making against giving the Federal government the authority to regulate concealed carry permits.

And what I mean is, if that bill becomes law, you know damn well you will be out there carrying concealed all over the country, state permits, and Comerce Clause be damn.

And what I mean is, if that bill becomes law, you know damn well you will be out there carrying concealed all over the country, state permits, and Comerce Clause be damn.
Brilliant observation. EVERYONE will do what the nanny state allows them to do. You're missing the point. It'll be great until we get an anti 2A majority. At that point they'll revoke your Federal "permission" to carry across state lines, the states will have already ceded their previous responsibilities to at least maintain the 2A status quo, and you'll be stuck in your state for whatever 2A breadcrumbs they're throwing at you right now. What state do you actually live in? I can probably guess.

The Place to Be

Brilliant observation. EVERYONE will do what the nanny state allows them to do. You're missing the point. It'll be great until we get an anti 2A majority. At that point they'll revoke your Federal "permission" to carry across state lines, the states will have already ceded their previous responsibilities to at least maintain the 2A status quo, and you'll be stuck in your state for whatever 2A breadcrumbs they're throwing at you right now. What state do you actually live in? I can probably guess.

The Place to Be

Poor little SR9 lives in DE, a state that is surrounded by states that do NOT honor DE carry permits. He lives in a tiny state and cannot legally cross his state line while armed.

Also keep in mind that the first step to obtain a carry permit in DE is to take out a legal advertisement in a local newspaper announcing that you even want to apply for a carry permit.

Poor little SR9 lives in DE, a state that is surrounded by states that do NOT honor DE carry permits. He lives in a tiny state and cannot legally cross his state line while armed.

Also keep in mind that the first step to obtain a carry permit in DE is to take out a legal advertisement in a local newspaper announcing that you even want to apply for a carry permit.
I should have known. Makes total sense now. Smh.

The Place to Be

I should have known. Makes total sense now. Smh.

The Place to Be

Forgot to add that DE is also a "may" issue state.

If I'm not mistaken, SR9 also has to get references from some arbitrary number of his neighbors before a permission slip will be issued. Might even be before the application is accepted, but I don't know for sure about that. I've never seen him make a complaint about all the hoops he has to jump through, though I may have missed it if he ever did complain, because I rarely can even try to stomach him anymore. That said, I hate that DE is like it is for gun owners. As much frustration as I've had trying to be civil with SR9, I want for him to have just as much freedom to make his own decisions as I want for myself, as well as for all the rest of you. I don't think SR9 believes that, but it's the truth.

There are very few problems in this country that can't be solved by decreasing government authority and increasing individual liberty. One has to love freedom more than they hate their ideological adversaries if they want to be thought of as a friend to liberty. I wish SR9 could understand that, but instead, he sees it as a personal insult that many of us (maybe even all at this point) disagree with his staunch support for HR 38. C'est la vie. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

Blues

"It'll be great until we get an anti 2A majority."

That will be the fault of the sheeple that let it happen.

"It'll be great until we get an anti 2A majority."

That will be the fault of the sheeple that let it happen.
What are you talking about? You're the one that jumps threw all the hoops that your legislature makes you jump through like a trained seal. Putting an ad in the paper, lol. I thought XD had made that up until I checked. You want this BS law passed because you are stuck there by your own laws. You are the lead sheep in the herd. Baahhh, give me my reciprocity please, Mr CongressWarden?

The Place to Be

What are you talking about? You're the one that jumps threw all the hoops that your legislature makes you jump through like a trained seal. Putting an ad in the paper, lol. I thought XD had made that up until I checked. You want this BS law passed because you are stuck there by your own laws. You are the lead sheep in the herd. Baahhh, give me my reciprocity please, Mr CongressWarden?

The Place to Be
Spoken like a true Liberal Progressive Left-Wing Anti Gun Nut.

Lol, yeah sure Junior. You believe what you need to believe. Enjoy your drives around Delaware for the rest of your life carrying your pea shooter because if there's a God up above, he'll crush this assault on the 2A like a roach. Anti gunner...heh, heh. You either can't read, have no ability to critically think, or have some serious cognitive deficits that I hope they can address with meds or rehab.

I think everyone in Delaware lives within 30 minutes drive from each other, so give Joe Biden a call and see if he can pull some strings so you can carry into another state someday. He can hook you up. Keep giving us updates on your only chance to ever carry outside of your prison. They're amusing.

The Place to Be

I have been viewing this conversation for a long time now and I just can’t believe the inability of sr9 to comprehend that he is playing right into the hands of those who wish to Control him.
We already HAVE reciprocity with the States. It’s called the Second Amendment and if I’ve read it correctly, it says not to be infringed..

The Constitution is a Limitation on Government listing the ONLY powers they are allowed to have by “We, the People”.
The Bill of Rights is a sample of the things “We, the People” have told Government that they have no ability to touch.

Link Removed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back