How to Determine Best Pistol for Concealed Carry as First Purchase

I like the Old Faithful holsters and also the Remora Tuckable with no reinforcement. As for a first carry gun it is only reasonable to figure that
a .45 might be too much. Maybe start with a .22 Mag Ruger Revolver, or a .380 or a 9mm. These guns are not that hard to shoot. But remember that a very small 9mm will have more recoil than a mid-size 9mm. Smaller guns have more recoil unless you go to .32 acp or lower calibers.

Finding a gun that fits your personal preferences can be a challenge if you don't have access to rentals or friends that can let you try various makes/models. I went with a S&W Shield 9mm for my EDC as I like the size and the recoil is very tame. The others that I tried and liked before I settled on the Shield were the Sig 938, Beretta Nano and Glock 26. All felt good and were manageable. The Shield just felt better in my hands. I carry in a FoxX Holster "Little FoxX" tuckable IWB that works for me in both appendix and 4 o'clock positions.

I have a friend with a .40 I can shoot. My dad has a .45 and .357 I can shoot. No one I know has a 9 mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

My dad is going to let me shoot his Taurus 1911 and his .357 magnum revolver. A friend is going to let me shoot his Smith and Wesson M&P .40 caliber. This will greatly help in the decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back