How often do you carry?

Which of these describes the frequency with which you carry?

• Total voters
In my home and everywhere else. "Hot" breakins are on the rise in this area.

Only time I don't have a weapon on me is at work (not allowed). Even at home, mowing the lawn...doesnt matter, its on me!

I’m retired military but I’m still joined at the hip with the feds. If I go to the base or the VA, I can’t take it along. As such, I’m somewhat restricted throughout the week. I also like visiting in San Diego, but again I’m out of luck. Remember, California officials don't believe that out-of-state citizens should have a right to self-protection. So, by circumstance I'm not permitted to carry about 20-25 percent of the time. Sadly, I had to mark ‘other’ in the poll.

I have my G27 with me at all times, with the exception of Federal facilities (unfortunate that our government restricts the carry of legal and licensed weapons on their facilities after the recent incident).

My pistol leaves the nightstand when I leave the bed. It is either strapped to me, or at least in the room with me when I don't strap it on. When I leave the house, it is with me. Unless I'm going somewhere where it is illegal to carry, I have it. When I go to a GFZ, the pistol stays in my truck until I return.

Dittoes. I do the same. :to_pick_ones_nose:

High Crime Area?

For the 28 that answered they carry when going to a high crime area I have this question: If you know it's a high crime area, why don't you avoid it?

The only reason I go into known high crime areas is when business forces me to do so. Otherwise I stay out of those areas. Of course I answered that I always carry, even at home. Because I do whenever it's legal.

My home is not in a high crime area, but crime has this nasty tendency to not obey geographic boundaries. A few years ago there was a high school tiff that eventually resulted in a teen-ager deciding to stop in front of my house and take a shot at the neighbor down the street. Needless to say that got my attention.
:man_in_love:

Good point Dan! If it is a place I would be afraid to to without my gun, I would not go there period, gun or no. I carry everywhere it is legal.

I carry all the time. I have to remember to leave it in the car at the Post office. Luckily, I can carry at work. If I am dressed, I am armed.

I agree 100%. The only time I don't carry is to and from work. I work at a Prison and no weapons allowed on property.

For the 28 that answered they carry when going to a high crime area I have this question: If you know it's a high crime area, why don't you avoid it?

The only reason I go into known high crime areas is when business forces me to do so. Otherwise I stay out of those areas. Of course I answered that I always carry, even at home. Because I do whenever it's legal.

My home is not in a high crime area, but crime has this nasty tendency to not obey geographic boundaries. A few years ago there was a high school tiff that eventually resulted in a teen-ager deciding to stop in front of my house and take a shot at the neighbor down the street. Needless to say that got my attention.
:man_in_love:

That is a good point. Why would a criminal, who lives in a crappy part of town, steal from others like him when they don't have any more than he does? Lots of times people who live in good areas or in the country, let their guard down. Big mistake. If I were a criminal, I would go to the places where I think it would be worth getting into trouble for. One or more of my handguns are with me ALL THE TIME. I would rather go thru my whole life carrying a gun and never needing it, than to have that on time that I need it and don't have it.:yu:

One or more of my handguns are with me ALL THE TIME. I would rather go thru my whole life carrying a gun and never needing it, than to have that on time that I need it and don't have it.:yu:

Exactly right. I am reminded of a McDonald's in Texas and the idiocy of "gun free zones" like Post Offices and Schools. So the only folks without a gun are the honest, law-abiding, innocent citizens, eh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back