How many shots are nessessary

The FBI directors name escapes me.... However, I believe it goes something like this:
Talking to reporter who asked what it took to stop a bad guy and why so many shots were fired. "Two shots to center mass until the threat stops." Reporter, "What happens if he doesn't stop?" Director, "Two shots to center mass until the threat stops." Reporter, "What if you only see his head?" Director, "Two shots to center mass until the threat stops."

That is one reason to practice double taps.

Gonna go work on my double taps!

I know that most of us members have CC permits, and most of them have to take some sort of training class, and that this subject was discussed, ...... if you are in a self defense altercation, you shoot to stop the threat to you or your familys lives not nessessaly to kill the perpetrator, what got me rethinking abut this is a local man here in town is up on charges now because he basicly unloaded his mag into a dude, it was a XD I think, the dude had 8 or 9 holes out of a 16 rd mag, the ***** is the judge said he was clearly in the right defending himself, and if there was only two or three shots involved, he most lkely would have went home instead of a ride in the police car, the case is in litigation now, hopefully none of us wont ever have to make that judgement,

Two or three sounds about right to me, as well, like the judge said.

Always shoot till the threat is over, but lots of practice will help you put them on the right places so it probably won't take as many

If I were in one of these situations, I would shoot until the threat was neutralized. If it only takes one shot, so be it. If it takes all 17 rounds from my Ruger SR9, so be it. I would rather be alive than dead because I was worried about whether I used too many bullets.

Amen. That's one of the reason why I went with Glock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back