How many CCW permits do you all have?

Permits!

AZ
NH
VA
PA
Chicago Gun Permit
FOID(Illinois)

NOTE TO THOSE GETTING THE AZ NON RES PERMIT.THE TURNAROUND TIME FOR MINE WAS ABOUT A WEEK.

NEVADA IS A STICKLER. YOU HAVE TO GO THERE IN PERSON AND YOU HAVE TO TAKE THEIR TRAINING FROM ONE OF THEIR INSTRUCTORS.THEY WILLNOT DO THIS BY MAIL. I THINK A WAY TO CIRCUMVENT THIS ISSUE IS TO HAVE THE LEGISLATORS DEMAND RECIPROCITY AGREEMENTS.

ADDITIONALLY,I need help here in Illinois to get HB 0245 passed(CCW ILLINOIS) we desperately need CCW here and it HAS TO BE PRE EMPTIVE.
we have 1.3 MILLION FOID CARD HOLDERS HERE and that is a huge number of votes! If ANYONE knows ANYBODY that can pressure Gov Quinn into signing that bill we would love you for it, eslt I have no choice but to call for his RECALL and to federally sue him for 2a right violations.

ARMED IN CHICAGO

k here's a question.

I hold VA,PA,NH an AZ permits.
I would like to be able to get carry rights in, MN,WA,OR,NV,MI
What im finding is that in NV for example they require you to show up and to take their training.As does MN. The nevada permit will give reciprocity for MN (as of 12 -2-2010)
What Ive noticed is that the AZ permit seems to be the way to go.Should one need more detailed coverage then by all means apply. What Id like to know is
What are the remaining states that accept training and fingerprints. My goal is to get as close to 50 State Coverage as possible.
Thanks and Stay Safe.

k here's a question.

I hold VA,PA,NH an AZ permits.
I would like to be able to get carry rights in, MN,WA,OR,NV,MI
What im finding is that in NV for example they require you to show up and to take their training.As does MN. The nevada permit will give reciprocity for MN (as of 12 -2-2010)
What Ive noticed is that the AZ permit seems to be the way to go.Should one need more detailed coverage then by all means apply. What Id like to know is
What are the remaining states that accept training and fingerprints. My goal is to get as close to 50 State Coverage as possible.
Thanks and Stay Safe.

You will automatically get IA as of 1-1-11

FL will give you FL and WA
NV will give you NV and MN
CT will give you CT
ME will give you ME
RI will give you RI
MA will give you MA

You will not be able to get MI as they only honor resident permits...unless MI will accept IL FOID as a carry permit...?

The Federal Gun Free School Zones Act of 1995 makes it a federal felony for an armed person to pass within 1000 feet of the property line of any K-12 school in the nation, unless they have a carry permit physically issued by the State in which school is located. Therefore, in order to carry legally in populated areas, it is necessary to get a permit from every State in which you intend to carry. The federal law needs to be amended, but as it stands currently, legal CCW reciprocity (in populated areas) does not exist.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/poli...ently-banned-under-federal-law-important.html

GFSZ%20Phoenix.jpg

GFSZ%20Cleveland.jpg

GFSZ%20Maricopa%20County.jpg

Link Removed

Link Removed

Iowa in 2011?

Wow. Please do go into details about this Iowa thing. Iowa(my understanding) does NOT issue NR CCW. While its CHEAP(10 bucks according to this site) you have to be(again my understanding)a resident or visiting Iowa.
Is this full reciprocity with states? what states arent recognized? Im assuming basic common sense restrictions apply.Tell you what, Ill call Iowa today 29 Dec 2010,and get further details about this revelation.

Now,I really really really need help in passing CCW in Illinois to include CHICAGO(pre emptive) Im pushing HB 0245,(which is civilian CCW) and there is a bill on the books for Disabled Police CCW THAT GOV QUINN REFUSES TO SIGN. I have a few angles on how to go about this but I would appreciate any input from the wise sages that frequent this site.

I have the NR Utah. I would have gotten my local NC permit but you have to be a citizen for that which I am not (resident alien for 12 years and married to an American and as legal as can be but not a citizen (yet)). I do intend to look into getting the Florida NR permit to add a bit to the good to go list of states. I'd love to get a dozen permit and hand the officer that wants to see my permit a dozen of them just to see the look on his face ... lol ... ("you have a CCW permit from ... MARS???")

I am from California (Yes I know I need to move out of state)

I have 13 CCW (I don't dare to even apply for one in CA since I'd probably get declined):

UTAH; VIRGINIA; FLORIDA; NEW HAMPSHIRE; ARIZONA; CONNECTICUT; NEVADA; MAINE; WASHINGTON STATE; TEXAS; IDAHO; OREGON; MINNESOTA

100% APPLIED BY MAIL:

Utah, Virginia (laminated license looks cheap but live signature of the State police chief), Florida, New Hampshire, Arizona (took under a week to get CCW), Connecticut (took 3 months+ to get CCW), Maine, Idaho (apply by mail but must pick up ccw permit in person)

IN PERSON/IN STATE REQUIREMENTS:

Nevada (training class and applied in person at Metro LV police stattion); effective July 1, 2011 no need to qualify with each semi pistol to have it listed on permit, just qualify with one and any semi can be carried, same with revolvers, qualify with one and you can carry any revolver

Texas (in State live fingerprinting and training class)

Minnesota (in State training and appled in person)

Idaho (in State applicationin person)

Oregon (in State application in person); non residents can get only if your home state borders (touches) Oregon such as Washington state, CA, NV, ID, the rest of the country cannot get a OR non resident permit

Washington State (in State application in person)

Details:

In about 1 year I got 13 CCW's. The "in State" ones I flew there to complete the requirements which were either training and/or apply in person.
All out of state trips were 3 days or less, flew in one day, next day took class, 3rd day applied in person, flew back home

Washington: was meeting friends in Las Vegas for the weekend so I flew to Seatlte, Wash to apply for their CCW in morning, toured city a little on my own, then flew out that afternoon into Vegas all in one Friday afternoon.

Idaho, applied by mail but must pick up in person; flew into Boise, ID day one, picked up in a matter of 1/2 hour since there were people in line before me, drove 4 hours into Oregon, stayed the night, next day applied for CCW in Oregon, drove back to Boise, ID 4 hours, spent the night Boise, flew out next morning (all in 3 days total)

Minnesota, 3 days, flew in, took class next day, 3rd day applied morning of, flew out that afternoon

Texas: same as MN, 3 days with class second day, applied 3rd day, flew out that afternoon

Nevada: drove there from Los Angeles with pistols, took class 2nd day, applied 3rd day morning of, drove back home

The MN one I did last because after all of those trips I could not stomach so much traveling and waking up 4am-5am to catch 7am flight to middwest, very grueling; I was thinking not even doing it after all of the previous flights, but I waited 6 months and recovered from the traveling and did it.

I researched all of the non resident CCW's that were "obtainable" and the 13 above are pretty much it. Anyone else know of any others I can get (making up for my inability to get a CA one though none of them work in CA, just feel better knowing I can get them). I know other states such as Pennsyvania has non resident CCW as does MA, but there are restrcitions such as PA you need a home state CCW -- do not have a CA one -- before applying for PA. Something is wring here I can apply, pass background checks for 13 states' CCW EXCEPT my own Home state!)

Last edited:
I have Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Hampshire. I've had the training for the Utah license, but I haven't sent the paperwork in yet.

i just have one in my home state but it reciprocates with several other states so i can drive up to michigan carrying all the way when i do go back up there

I have Oregon and Utah, and my Arizona app is in the mail. I thought about Florida instead of Utah, but Utah was cheaper and easier, and gives me just about everything that Florida would, except Florida.

Monorex, why so many? Arizona, Florida, and Oregon would have covered just about everything (maybe everything - I'm going by memory...) that you've got now. Also, when did you get your Arizona permit? They're saying 75 days on their website now.

Just my home state of Indiana. I had one from New Hampshire once upon a time, but when the fee for nonresident permits was raised to $100, I didn't bother to renew.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

I am from California (Yes I know I need to move out of state)

I have 13 CCW (I don't dare to even apply for one in CA since I'd probably get declined):

UTAH; VIRGINIA; FLORIDA; NEW HAMPSHIRE; ARIZONA; CONNECTICUT; NEVADA; MAINE; WASHINGTON STATE; TEXAS; IDAHO; OREGON; MINNESOTA

100% APPLIED BY MAIL:

Utah, Virginia (laminated license looks cheap but live signature of the State police chief), Florida, New Hampshire, Arizona (took under a week to get CCW), Connecticut (took 3 months+ to get CCW), Maine

IN PERSON/IN STATE REQUIREMENTS:

Nevada (training class and applied in person at Metro LV police stattion); effective July 1, 2011 no need to qualify with each semi pistol to have it listed on permit, just qualify with one and any semi can be carried, same with revolvers, qualify with one and you can carry any revolver

Texas (in State live fingerprinting and training class)

Minnesota (in State training and appled in person)

Idaho (in State applicationin person)

Oregon (in State application in person); non residents can get only if your home state borders (touches) Oregon such as Washington state, CA, NV, ID, the rest of the country cannot get a OR non resident permit

Washington State (in State application in person)

Details:

In about 1 year I got 13 CCW's. The "in State" ones I flew there to complete the requirements which were either training and/or apply in person.
All out of state trips were 3 days or less, flew in one day, next day took class, 3rd day applied in person, flew back home

Washington: was meeting friends in Las Vegas for the weekend so I flew to Seatlte, Wash to apply for their CCW in morning, toured city a little on my own, then flew out that afternoon into Vegas all in one Friday afternoon.

Idaho, flew into Boise, ID day one, applied that afternoon, drove 4 hours into Oregon, stayed the night, next day applied for CCW in Oregon, drove back to Boise, ID 4 hours, spent the night Boise, flew out next morning (all in 3 days total)

Minnesota, 3 days, flew in, took class next day, 3rd day applied morning of, flew out that afternoon

Texas: same as MN, 3 days with class second day, applied 3rd day, flew out that afternoon

Nevada: drove there from Los Angeles with pistols, took class 2nd day, applied 3rd day morning of, drove back home

The MN one I did last because after all of those trips I could not stomach so much traveling and waking up 4am-5am to catch 7am flight to middwest, very grueling; I was thinking not even doing it after all of the previous flights, but I waited 6 months and recovered from the traveling and did it.

I researched all of the non resident CCW's that were "obtainable" and the 13 above are pretty much it. Anyone else know of any others I can get (making up for my inability to get a CA one though none of them work in CA, just feel better knowing I can get them). I know other states such as Pennsyvania has non resident CCW as does MA, but there are restrcitions such as PA you need a home state CCW -- do not have a CA one -- before applying for PA. Something is wring here I can apply, pass background checks for 13 states' CCW EXCEPT my own Home state!)

Wow! Just Wow! Are you a collector or CCW permits? I am impressed by how many you managed to get your hands on. And I agree it's a shame about CA's stance on the subject.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back