How long did it take YOU to receive your CPL?

Greg Evans

DOL website says up to 30 days, but I'm now on day 28 and getting very impatient. Care to chime in?

Greg

Any skeletons in your closet that would've slowed the background process? Any out of state issues?

DOL website says up to 30 days, but I'm now on day 28 and getting very impatient. Care to chime in?

Greg

In my case it took just over 45 days. now that was back in 2010. I would suspect it might be that or longer with more ccl being sent out as the applications increase

Some agencies will complete their backgrounds in a few days and then let them sit till just before the 30 day window and then send them out. For some reason, some agencies have interpreted the 30 day rule as 'it WILL take 30 days no matter what'

Once your paperwork gets started, it only takes a few minutes to complete the background --- unless there are the aforementioned skeletons ;)

WOW! Guess what came in the mail today! Day 29. Went home on my lunch break and there was my CPL. It's now laminated and in my wallet.

Greg

It's a good idea to laminate it.. SOOOO many people don't and they return for a replacement with a balled up clump of crap that was their CPL after one trip thru the washing machine

It's a good idea to laminate it.. SOOOO many people don't and they return for a replacement with a balled up clump of crap that was their CPL after one trip thru the washing machine

It's so annoying that they use paper permits... Once laminated it becomes much bigger than a credit card and hard to fit in a wallet. I have 4 permits from various states and WA is the only one that's paper.

I couldn't agree more... the new Washington CPLs are a LITTLE sturdier and once laminated conform to the universal credit card dimensions..

it's a small step forward, but I wish we'd issue them on plastic stock like a driver license or credit card..

My first one (1993) took 3 days, no kidding. My last renew on 9/12/13 has still not been sent. I'm from Whatcom county and have used the Bellingham PD/Ferndale PD/Sheriff's office, depending on where I lived.

edit: I got the date wrong above.

August 2013 I received my original WA CPL in one week. I live in Klickitat County and applied at the county sheriffs office. When I was purchasing a handgun in Vancouver the saleman at the sporting goods couldn't believe it, he was still waiting for his CPL after 30 days.

I had to wait 140 days just to get my appointment, then they said it would be another 45 to 90 days before it is issued.

That's nuts! I live in Yakima County and it took mine 2 weeks to get here after spending 7 minutes in the Sheriff's office.

New guy here just chiming in. Mine took about 29 days. And yes I agree, they are way too big once laminated.

Puyallup area btw.

Ken

Got mine in under 30 days at the Forks Police Department. Didn't laminate it, now I have two papers with bleeding ink all over them.

Applied for mine on August 25, 2014 at the Seattle Police Headquarters. Signed my card and was told it will arrive in 30 days laminated.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back