Home Depot Concealed Carry

constmantx

Received this e-mail response from Home Depot a few minutes ago.

"Thank you for contacting The Home Depot.

The Home Depot does not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to
carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are
carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

In addition, The Home Depot has a long-standing policy prohibiting
employees from carrying weapons in its stores.

For any further assistance please visit or contact the Store Manger of
your local Home Depot store.

Sincerely,

Felicia Walker

Resolution Expeditor-The Home Depot Email Team
1-800-654-0688 ext.72698"

im planning to build a new house soon. home depot here i come. and i will let the home office know why. too often we neglect to tell stores that we approve of their policies. wish however the employees could carry though.

I've been to their stores in New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma and never seen a no gun sign or had any problems. Just keep it concealed.

Received this e-mail response from Home Depot a few minutes ago.

"Thank you for contacting The Home Depot.

The Home Depot does not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to
carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are
carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

In addition, The Home Depot has a long-standing policy prohibiting
employees from carrying weapons in its stores.

For any further assistance please visit or contact the Store Manger of
your local Home Depot store.

Sincerely,

Felicia Walker

Resolution Expeditor-The Home Depot Email Team
1-800-654-0688 ext.72698"

But you should have asked if they enforce it and make all employees follow corporate policy's. You will find they allow managers to disregard corporate policy and enforce their own policy's. You will find most big companies(WalMart,Lowes,HD etc...) will have some kind of policy as posted above to cover them with the pro second amendment people. While at the same time allowing individual stores to do as they please when it comes to firearms in stores. So when you call and bitch after being asked to leave one of their stores the call center can read you line for line what you posted above. So they can sit back and say "It's not us" "It was a store employee not following corporate policy's".

I've been to their stores in New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma and never seen a no gun sign or had any problems. Just keep it concealed.

Why? It's our right to bear arms. How we do it is up to that person. If they want to OC then go for it. If the store restricts the right of that person to bear arms because of how they carry. Then THEY ARE AN ANTI STORE!.

Why? It's our right to bear arms. How we do it is up to that person. If they want to OC then go for it. If the store restricts the right of that person to bear arms because of how they carry. Then THEY ARE A ANTI STORE!.
It's ok in New Mexico, but if you OC in Texas or Oklahoma you will be arrested.

It's ok in New Mexico, but if you OC in Texas or Oklahoma you will be arrested.

It maybe for now but with the trend of states/private groups getting legislation passed to make OC legal it's only a matter of time. I mean if we can get the DC gun ban over turned we can do anything if we have the numbers,votes,money! Normally I'm not one to push my views down someone else's throat but seeing as how the Brady campaign loves to do that. I say push away!!!!

I agree with Infidel (by the way love the avatar man it matches the grips of my 1911).

it is up to us on how we carry and yes there is a higher trend in OC in the US now.

I sure hope it starts a new wave of OC.

Texas is a concealed carry state, it is also a private property state and any firm or individual may request no entry if you are carrying, as for posting, the signs are very specific and must be posted in english and spanish. When you can spend your money anywhere in this economy, I intend to spend mine in pro gun stores and notify those stores why I spend my money in their establishment.

Texas is a concealed carry state, it is also a private property state and any firm or individual may request no entry if you are carrying, as for posting, the signs are very specific and must be posted in english and spanish. When you can spend your money anywhere in this economy, I intend to spend mine in pro gun stores and notify those stores why I spend my money in their establishment.

:eek:fftopic:

Texas also still has the cattle rustling laws on the book so anyone on your land after dark can legally be shot. Can they not?

I am thinking Cattle or Horse Rustling both would be an issue day or night, not sure if hanging is still the finish may be injection, pretty sure most of the ranchers I know would inject you with lead.

Home Depot, Lowes, Safeway Corp, Fred Meyer/Kroger corp, Toys R Us, Barnes and Nobel, Best Buy, Sears/Kmart, Walmart, Starbucks, Sizzler, Applebee's are just a few of the major corporations that allow lawful carry.

Home Depot has allowed lawful carry since 2005

You can find copies of email and letterhead here:
Link Removed

Home Depot, Lowes, Safeway Corp, Fred Meyer/Kroger corp, Toys R Us, Barnes and Nobel, Best Buy, Sears/Kmart, Walmart, Starbucks, Sizzler, Applebee's are just a few of the major corporations that allow lawful carry.

Home Depot has allowed lawful carry since 2005

You can find copies of email and letterhead here:
Link Removed

Apparently Toys R Us has changed its tune. Copied from the FiringLine forum:

Response (Richard Latner) - 09/10/2010 02:11 PM
Dear Mr. McDonald,

I have included a copy of the Corporate Policy Regarding Firearms in Stores:

General Company Policy on Firearms

• At Toys“R”Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority.

• As a retailer that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest shopping environment very seriously.

• While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.

• We make our customers aware of this policy by posting signs at the front of each of our Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores nationwide.

• It is also our policy not to sell any toy gun that could be mistaken for a real gun. Toys“R”Us was the first retailer in the U.S. to adopt this policy, which was established in 1994.

I hope this answers your questions for you and you continue to shop with Toys "R" Us. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Rich Latner
Corporate Guest Relations

I'm not sure that Nightmare45 is correct. The signs do have to be posted in Texas, but i'm not sure spanish is required. I'll check, and let you know.

Nightmare 45
(Texas is a concealed carry state, it is also a private property state and any firm or individual may request no entry if you are carrying, as for posting, the signs are very specific and must be posted in english and spanish. When you can spend your money anywhere in this economy, I intend to spend mine in pro gun stores and notify those stores why I spend my money in their establishment.)

Please just remember to let the one's you don't go to because of an (Anti- Gun) stand Know also.

BG folks already know, they make money by feeding off the honest folks and with the senate and congress aiding them by gun free zones life is good. If I do not visit a store because of signs banning firearms they are notified. I cancelled a considerable order with a store because of just that, I do mean considerable order on a large construction job. I inform both those that allow and those that do not.

Did they let the bad guy's know this or have they given a clean path for sicko's that would harm our most precious of lives???

Their doors are now posted with a "no firearms" sign. Here in Florida we ignore such nonsense, but I will not spend my money there any longer.

It is believed that the policy stemmed from this incident in November 2008.

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20081130/NEWS01/811300330/-1/newsfront

"Meza was convicted of firearm possession earlier this year, while Moreno was convicted 10 years ago of domestic violence, according to Riverside County court records."

Does anyone other than the lunatics running Toys "R" Us believe that a "no firearms" sign would have stopped either one of these miscreants?

Their doors are now posted with a "no firearms" sign. Here in Florida we ignore such nonsense, but I will not spend my money there any longer.

You ignore it at your own peril. While there doesn't seem to be any cases yet, you could become a test case. F.S. 810.09 makes armed trespass a 3rd degree felony. The test case would boil down to does the sign invalidate your welcome if you are carrying?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back