Holsters

My holster is by "High Noon Holsters".

High Noon Holsters
Dang, them ain't cheap!

I don't like clips. These are failure points. I prefer belt slits through the leather of the holster instead.
Can't argue with that but, I like the ones on the alien gear. Gives you more height option as well as cant options.

I'd like to go back to the standard clips, the ones on the far left in the pic but, they're too much of a pain to deal with getting them over the waistband then running the belt through them. That's why I opted for the J hooks, third one over from the left. Much easier to deal with.

6cc17d24e51d94418b8a65f31de31732.jpg

[quote]I use a separate belt for my holster, not the same belt as holds up my trousers.

Works for me.
[/quote]

Me too. I got one of AG's belts as well. [quote]Good luck in your choice. As was mentioned, you may end up throwing your first selection into the trash. Live and learn.[/QUOTE]

AG gives you a month to try and even Crossbreed gives you a week to try so you won't have to do that!...lol.

Dang, them ain't cheap!

Can't argue with that but, I like the ones on the alien gear. Gives you more height option as well as cant options.

I'd like to go back to the standard clips, the ones on the far left in the pic but, they're too much of a pain to deal with getting them over the waistband then running the belt through them. That's why I opted for the J hooks, third one over from the left. Much easier to deal with.

6cc17d24e51d94418b8a65f31de31732.jpg

Me too. I got one of AG's belts as well.

AG gives you a month to try and even Crossbreed gives you a week to try so you won't have to do that!...lol.[/QUOTE]

I will trust leather or brass or steel. Not plastic however.

There is no plastic on my holsters nor on any of my guns.

Another trick I figured out on my own is the IWB versus OWB mounting.

By using a separate belt for my holster rather than the one that holds up my trousers, it gives me lots of options.

For normal concealed carry, I put the gunbelt on UNDER my trousers, over my skivis. Then my trousers on top of that. Gives me perfect concealment. Only the gun handle (tang) sticks out that way and I can still draw in less than 1 second.

I also have the option of threading the gunbelt through the trouser loops OVER the belt that holds the trousers up. This would be a normal open carry mount where the jacket covers the pistol.

As for the Urban Carry, one-handed draw and drawing while seated are a mess. It is close to impossible to draw while sitting in the driver seat of a car. Safely drawing while being actively engaged in a physical altercation is problematic too. This is a holster for 180-degree square ranges.

Think about this, if I come at you with no warning and start repeatedly beating your head with my fists, will you be able to draw your firearm and use it against me?

As for the Urban Carry, one-handed draw and drawing while seated are a mess. It is close to impossible to draw while sitting in the driver seat of a car. Safely drawing while being actively engaged in a physical altercation is problematic too. This is a holster for 180-degree square ranges.

Think about this, if I come at you with no warning and start repeatedly beating your head with my fists, will you be able to draw your firearm and use it against me?

Looks like a good way to shoot your nuts off.

When I am driving in my car I switch from concealed carry to open carry.

And I make sure my seat belt is not in the way of my pistol.

Then there is no difference from drawing it standing or seated in the car.

A Glock -- any Glock -- is a good way to shoot your own nuts off.

Didn't we had this conversation just recently. Anyway, this post is not meant for you, as you have me on your ignore list anyway.

To "shoot your own nuts off", you have to point your gun at your nuts and pull the trigger. If you rely on an external manual safety or a supposedly empty chamber to not "shoot your own nuts off", then you have failed to understand Jeff Cooper's firearm safety rules.

Link Removed

I carry my Colt 45 Defender easily concealed in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, in either my front or back pocket. Draw time is about 2 seconds from either pocket. When driving, the gun is easily accessible resting in the door panel.

No, regardless of holster, gun, or carry style.

No, regardless of holster, gun, or carry style.

I was able to pull out a can of pepper spray and use it successfully on the attacker when I was attacked this way on the street. I was also able to pull out a BB pistol during a force-on-foce class when I was attacked this way. How? I used one arm to protect myself from the attacker and drew one-handed. I gave this example exactly because of my personal experience with it and due to my opinion that this holster is a mess for one-handed draw.

PS: This is a similar drill to the one where Tex Grebner shot himself with a 1911.

PPS: Welcome back from your timeout. Let's see how long you last this time.

I was able to pull out a can of pepper spray and use it successfully on the attacker when I was attacked this way on the street. I was also able to pull out a BB pistol during a force-on-foce class when I was attacked this way. How? I used one arm to protect myself from the attacker and drew one-handed. I gave this example exactly because of my personal experience with it and due to my opinion that this holster is a mess for one-handed draw.
Your attacker was grosly incompetent and you got VERY lucky.

[video=youtu.be/9igSoJHEdUo]Knife is deadlier than the gun[/video]

PPS: Welcome back from your timeout. Let's see how long you last this time.
What 'timeout'?

Your attacker was grosly incompetent and you got VERY lucky.

[video=youtu.be/9igSoJHEdUo]Knife is deadlier than the gun[/video]

My attacker didn't use a knife and I stated "start repeatedly beating your head with my fists", i.e., no knife. In the real life attack that I experienced, it was one attacker doing the beating and two other guys trying to keep me cornered.

Was the attacker was grosly incompetent? Sure, he should have had a knife and just stabbed me. Did I get very lucky? Sure! That's life. There are no guarantees that you will survive a self defense situation. There is, however, a guarantee that you won't, if you are ill prepared, living your live in fantasies. How often do we see people on gun forums and on YouTube showing off how they would react in a self defense situation, while having zero training and having never tried out their technique in a realistic scenario?

What 'timeout'?

You were temporarily banned from this forum. I am honestly surprised that it was only for three days. I guess you do have the license to insult forum members with the blessing of the forum owner. Duly noted.

You were temporarily banned from this forum.
News to me. I didn't get an e-mail about it or anything. I get my phone replaced and find that I'm being accused of being 'wardog' and apparently was suspended. Whatever.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back