Holsters

Tony111964

Does everyone have any opinions on alien gear holsters

I got the alien gear cloak tuck 3.0 for my Ruger. Carry it everyday for work. I'm sure there's other IWB holsters that are good but, ya can't go wrong with alien gear.
cb434855bc8c7648a21bc4e9b3ff4a9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have and use 3 of them. After 20 years looking for a comfortable and good concealing holster, upon finding Alien I quit Looking. Besides, they have a great trade-in policy and a super warranty.

I have a favorable opinion. I own one of their earlier model IWB holsters that has performed and held up well. I would think the newer model "cloak tuck" might be even better.

Ruger LC9 and Walther PPQ carry very nice in the cloak tuck 3.0

+1 for the Ruger. Wears very nice. I wear mine with the belt clips all the way to the top, though. It's a little more comfortable that way and doesn't print as bad, making it less likely these gun free store owners will see that I'm stomping all over their rights to keep guns out with their futile little signs...lol.

I also have a favorable rating of Alien Gear. I have 3 for my 3 pistols that I can carry. I usually only carry the Springfield but wanted to make sure I had the other 2 covered also. I also have Crossbreed for them also and find both very compatible to each other. Like both brands though.

Just my personal opinion but I didnt like it at all. I thought the wide dual clip holster was a pain in the arse to put on, take off, adjust etc. Had to change out the spacers to fit my gun which wasnt overall a big deal but when you order if for a specific gun it should fit that specific gun. Again just my personal preference but when using an IWB I'll stick with single clip holsters for now on

Just my personal opinion but I didnt like it at all. I thought the wide dual clip holster was a pain in the arse to put on, take off, adjust etc.
I'll admit, those fully-enclosed standard clips are kind of a pain to clip over the waistband of your jeans and run the belt through but, I prefer the "J" clips better. Much easier.

Had to change out the spacers to fit my gun which wasnt overall a big deal but when you order if for a specific gun.
That's odd. Mine for my Ruger and even the holster I sampled for my full size beretta storm, both fit like a glove, no adjustment necessary. I have had to tighten up a couple of the holster retention screws though, for the Ruger as they got a little loose but, both of the holster shells for each gun fit great.

What did alien gear have to say about the poor fit?

I didnt complain to them, just changed the spacers with the package they provide w the holster. Just to add it was the opposite of your problem, the holster was originally so tight it actually racked the slide when I tried to holster the gun. Just tried if for a day then it disappeared into my bag of discarded holsters

I didnt complain to them, just changed the spacers with the package they provide w the holster. Just to add it was the opposite of your problem, the holster was originally so tight it actually racked the slide when I tried to holster the gun. Just tried if for a day then it disappeared into my bag of discarded holsters

You didn't send it back? Hmm. You had thirty days to return it if it didn't work out.

I think I would have said something to them for the sake of quality control. I have no idea what happened and what gun you have but if the fit was so tight that it racked your slide, that might be something their quality control department might wanna know about.

Even though my full size Beretta fit wonderfully in the holster, it was still way too much gun in my opinion for concealed, IWB carry but, I wasn't gonna keep the holster. Granted, return shipping cost me around nine bucks to send it back but, that was a lot cheaper than bein out nearly fifty bucks if I just added the holster to my stash...lol.

Again the tightness was an annoyance but it was fixable with replacing the screws and spacers. I "personally" just found I didnt like it because I thought it was a pain in the arse to put on and adjust.

Found a place called the Holster Store that makes holsters right there in Florida and has a large selection of styles, models, and colors for most popular hand guns. They also sell gun belts, and magazine carriers. Best of all they have reasonable prices and fast shipping. Check them out at The Holster Store: Leather Gun Holsters & Concealed Carry Holsters
Even have holsters that look just like the Crossbreeds, at a better price.

Does everyone have any opinions on alien gear holsters
Get the optional leather loops if you have a belt wider than 1in.

Take the screws to a hardware store and buy an additional pair, you will need them to keep the mounting arms from rotating your holster up out of your pants when you sit down.

Design flaws.

Otherwise a very comfortable holster and good customer service.

Have Cloak Tuck 3.0 for my G26 that I have been wearing when I am not working. Have ony tightened the J clips once every 2-3 weeks and not the holster after fitting. Also wear it on an AlienGear gun belt.

I have several IWB from AG and I don't like then a lot, because like Phillysoldier, I don't like the wide expanse of it, Same is true with Crossbreed Super Tuck. I do like the smaller single stacks in these as it is easier to get your clothes on. I do have several Cloak Mod OWB holsters from AG, one for a XD45 SC, a G-33 and a Ruger American Compact (that one works, but can stick if you rotate the gun toward the body)

I saw this advertised the other day on Facebook and thought it was pretty neat. The Urban Carry G2 deep concealment holster.

Hopefully the gif part in the pic works to show it in action...lol.
6e64e9ec9d46fa818e8a066aef50988c.jpg

a277e9b8ad34bdf63cad9fef3e83c510.jpg

My holster is by "High Noon Holsters".

High Noon Holsters

I don't like clips. These are failure points. I prefer belt slits through the leather of the holster instead.

I use a separate belt for my holster, not the same belt as holds up my trousers.

Works for me.

Good luck in your choice. As was mentioned, you may end up throwing your first selection into the trash. Live and learn.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back