Holsters

cleopatra9053

I'm looking for a holster which I can use with my Kahr CW9 that will be style friendly. I like to be stylish, midrise jeans, etc. So far every holster I've tried seems to want to lean out, and I don't want an inside the belt holster because my clothing is form fitting. If anyone can suggest a holster please feel free to post.

Sent from my LGL86C using USA Carry mobile app

Have you considered a belly band type holster? You could wear that no matter where your pants hit. My jeans are very form fitting and with a looser, flow-y shirt I can carry IWB quite nicely. I use the 3Speed holster with low-rise jeans; just put the holster where I want the gun to sit and don't worry about my pants.

I also kind of want one of these: Link Removed Wouldn't matter what clothes you wear with that.
I just got this one: In The Waistband Holster by The Well Armed Woman it's IWB, but so minimalist that it might work for you. I love it; I can actually carry appendix with it!

The Well Armed Woman also has some very pretty OWB holsters, though I haven't tried them.

I have the 4 inch bellyband from the Well Armed Woman. While it works pretty well under a sweatshirt, it really wouldn't under a form-fitting shirt. The bulges would be pretty obvious. Speaking of bulges, it doesn't work so well with a muffin top either. The nice thing about it is that you can wear it high, middle, or even inside a mid-rise pair of jeans. It'll also hold spare magazines, cell phone or whatever.

I recently got a Sticky Holster for my KelTec P11 that I can wear in the appendix position and isn't noticeable under a T-shirt. No clips, just put it in your waist band wherever you want it. Stays put and with no clip, it doesn't weigh your pants down.

Seems like no matter how many holsters I get though, I end up going back to my LCP in a soft pocket holster.

Check out Winthrop holsters. They make a nice OWB holster that they say are custom made. If You don't see what You're looking for, You can call them and get one custom made. I believe there OWB holsters start at $55.00 + shipping. I am going to order one from them for a Steve S9-A1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

3Speed holster is great, love mine and use it everywhere, with workout clothes and skinny jeans that I wouldn't otherwise be able to carry. Unfortunately, they aren't yet "contoured" for a woman yet, so if you don't tighten it up a lot, or you don't get it in exactly the right spot, the top sticks out a bit. Which means form-fitting clothes don't work as well (why I said belly band and not this one... they look like they hold a lot closer). I actually asked the owner of 3Speed about that, and he said unfortunately after the government shutdown he was the only staff left, but he'd see what he could do once he got back up to full speed again. If he makes the change I'd definitely buy a second one... So comfortable you barely know you've got a gun on.

Well, I've found a holster that looks and feels good, that Disantis Mini Slide for my Kahr CW9 that my husband got me for a Valentine's Day gift

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

Link Removed
eje3e5ur.jpg

I had my hubby take pictures of my holster and Kahr

3Speed holster is great, love mine and use it everywhere, with workout clothes and skinny jeans that I wouldn't otherwise be able to carry. Unfortunately, they aren't yet "contoured" for a woman yet, so if you don't tighten it up a lot, or you don't get it in exactly the right spot, the top sticks out a bit. Which means form-fitting clothes don't work as well (why I said belly band and not this one... they look like they hold a lot closer). I actually asked the owner of 3Speed about that, and he said unfortunately after the government shutdown he was the only staff left, but he'd see what he could do once he got back up to full speed again. If he makes the change I'd definitely buy a second one... So comfortable you barely know you've got a gun on.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

OK I'm not petite, nor a sharp dresser. My 3speed Holster. I have had it for just over a year, i wear it all day 95% of the time.

I'm a woman who has been looking at different conceal carry holsters. I have a Ruger .380 LCP and a Sig Sauer 9mm P290. There's a lot of helpful info on the internet for women trying to decide on CC holsters. A site that was mentioned earlier that I also like is thewellarmedwoman.com. It's geared specifically for women and gives helpful info as well as a store that sells holsters/etc. that tend to be more suitable for women. The owner (Carrie) also has some videos that demonstrates the holsters; plus, she's polite & good at answering your email questions. I'm about to order the "Pistol Pouch" by Thunderwear on their site... It's a pouch-like holster with straps that wrap around your hips that you wear inside your clothing below your waistband. It seems to be one of the most versatile CC holsters since it can be worn without needing to clip onto a sturdy waistband/belt (except maybe a dress wouldn't be ideal with this holster...but still do-able in an emergency by reaching under the dress... then I would probably invest in a thigh holster...which they also sell). BTW, they have a 15% discount for this holster this month (March)...promo code is SPRING which is mentioned in their newsletter. I believe this will be the holster that I will wear most, since you really can wear it with about any outfit. Of course, the draw will be a bit slower than holsters worn outside the waistband, but with practice it shouldn't be bad. I will probably still invest in other holsters for some variety... probably a thigh holster for dresses, and the "sticky holster" they sell that is just a soft holster with a sticky grip that just can go IWB without the need for clips onto the waistband. I also just ordered a CC holster from PistolWear.com called the "PT-2" for when I go running/walking. It's a pouch that has a strap that goes around your waist. It's made of sweat-proof material so it doesn't rust your gun and isn't supposed to bounce too much when running. The drawback I find is that your gun is just kind of resting freely in the pouch, so it doesn't actually have a trigger guard... you just have to be careful... but it was the best option out there that I could find for jogging. Plus, they are offering free shipping on any orders containing a holster... and if you're Law Enforcement or military (active or veteran) you can email them & they'll give you a code to get 10% off. They're also helpful with their email responses. Sorry for the lengthy post, but I hope it helps women out there trying to find a good holster.

Link Removed

The weight of the gun and ammo will always cause a lean on a OWB holster if it is not a high and tight style. I would suggest a custom Kydex holster if your looking for OWB only. I would not go for a flashbang as others have suggested. You must practice to be effective when you need it, if you do with flashbang you will ruin all of your bras. The trouser holster in picture is prob your best option for a low waist band, and a comfortable way to carry.

Link Removed

The weight of the gun and ammo will always cause a lean on a OWB holster if it is not a high and tight style. I would suggest a custom Kydex holster if your looking for OWB only. I would not go for a flashbang as others have suggested. You must practice to be effective when you need it, if you do with flashbang you will ruin all of your bras. The trouser holster in picture is prob your best option for a low waist band, and a comfortable way to carry.

For a low waistband? I'd have to disagree. The lady in that picture is wearing a mid- to high waistband, and unless you want the mom jean look and buy your pants a couple sizes bigger, the only thing you'll conceal is the very smallest of guns, if that. A low waistband gives you only a few inches of clearance for that. I believe someone already posted the FaliaPhotography video where she attempted the smart carry... definitely didn't work.

Plus, you should always practice to be effective, no matter what holster you use. And if you experience "lean," get a better belt. If I can carry a Chiappa Rhino without losing my pants, anyone can carry whatever they want however they want.

I have found that the Disantis mini-slide works wonderful for low-rise and mid-rise pants, it keeps my Kahr CW9 really close to my body and even if I don't want to wear concealed, it compliments my wardrobe completely

Interesting......

For a low waistband? I'd have to disagree. The lady in that picture is wearing a mid- to high waistband, and unless you want the mom jean look and buy your pants a couple sizes bigger, the only thing you'll conceal is the very smallest of guns, if that. A low waistband gives you only a few inches of clearance for that. I believe someone already posted the FaliaPhotography video where she attempted the smart carry... definitely didn't work.

Plus, you should always practice to be effective, no matter what holster you use. And if you experience "lean," get a better belt. If I can carry a Chiappa Rhino without losing my pants, anyone can carry whatever they want however they want.

Well to each their own, I am a woman and I personally ware the trouser holster AND low rise jeans, its also good for dresses and leggings. The only thing I change is wearing a larger shirt. I do have to disagree that all holsters are effective. Do you really want to bend over to grab a firearm from an ankle holster? It should only be used as a back up. A flashbang holster is effective for holding the gun, BUT if you practice as you should it will ruin your bras, speaking from experience. Also a belt doesnt compensate for a loose holster that doesnt fit the weapon properly, a "high and tight" will hold the gun tighter to the body and above the belt line not below. JUST like the one she purchased. Also, depending on what state you live in open carry is not an option in some areas, so concealment is necessary in certain situations, meaning everyone can not carry whatever they want when ever they want how ever they want.. Thanks for your opinions even if not fully correct.

I would rather alter my clothing slightly to have more control over my weapon then, have it take to long to access or to easy for someone else to. Fashion wont matter much if you lose a gun fight, while fashion is important reliable access to my firearm is more important. But to each their own I suppose.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back