Hi Point hand guns

davcommander

My bedside gun is a Hi Point 380 loaded whith hydroshock rounds. (It is about 12 feet from my bedside to the door.) I have a Hi Point 45 loaded with hollow point in my living room chair and it is a straight line 19 feet to the front door. When I take these guns to the indoor range I shoot tight groups out to 25 yards on people size targets. I have never had any problems with about 250 rounds through both of them. I would consider this brand for a carry gun but they are pretty bulky. Any thoughts?

I only have one suggestion since I have owned one 9mm Highpoint. Keep it super clean and make sure it's oiled well enough (but not oily) to operate well. It's not a premier firearm but does the job. Just gotta make sure it's got the TLC to make it the best that it can be when it counts. A highpoint is not my first choice in a firearm but I'd take one anyday to protect myself and others if it's all I had.

I have the 45 and it is very reliable never jams or misfires. It is definitely a house gun. To heavy to carry.

I only have one suggestion since I have owned one 9mm Highpoint. Keep it super clean and make sure it's oiled well enough (but not oily) to operate well. It's not a premier firearm but does the job. Just gotta make sure it's got the TLC to make it the best that it can be when it counts. A highpoint is not my first choice in a firearm but I'd take one anyday to protect myself and others if it's all I had.

By the way, the highpoint I bought was for my ex wife when I left her. I didn't want to spend a ton on her since I was leaving her but there was no way in hell I was gonna leave her without making sure she had protection for herself. I knew about the cleanliness / oiling issues because I took her out to get her familiar with it before I left. We had issues but it was all due to what I stated above. The cleaner it is and better lubed it is, the better it fires without issues.

High points from my personal experience are pretty reliable. That is UNTIL they break and because they are made from cheap metals and flimsy quality control I would say that having one is better then nothing. That said I would not trust my family's nor my life on one unless I had no other option.

It's the Daewoo of the firearms world. They're cheap and might get the job done. When they break down, good luck finding parts. When the owner comes to their senses, no one wants their trade-in as it has no resale value. I wouldn't buy my kid a Daewoo nor would I bet their life on a Hi-Point. Daewoo has about as many champion drivers as ISPCA and IDPA have champion Hi-Point shooters.

It's the Daewoo of the firearms world. They're cheap and might get the job done. When they break down, good luck finding parts. When the owner comes to their senses, no one wants their trade-in as it has no resale value. I wouldn't buy my kid a Daewoo nor would I bet their life on a Hi-Point. Daewoo has about as many champion drivers as ISPCA and IDPA have champion Hi-Point shooters.

You got me thinking. Just for giggles, I think I'll build me a Hi-Point race gun. :)

hey, forthe price, theyre a great gun. Im sure a lot of gun snobs out there would shun you at the mere mention of owning one, but Ive owned 3 Hi-point items, and theyve all been what i expected. Nothing great, but dependable and fun. I had the 40, 9mm and the 9mm carbine rifle. The rifle did jam a few time, but nothing bad. The 9 was very dependable and i was a good shot with it. Now, would i trade a Hi-point for my S&W M&P's? no, but they cost 3 times as much too..

hey, forthe price, theyre a great gun. Im sure a lot of gun snobs out there would shun you at the mere mention of owning one, but Ive owned 3 Hi-point items, and theyve all been what i expected. Nothing great, but dependable and fun. I had the 40, 9mm and the 9mm carbine rifle. The rifle did jam a few time, but nothing bad. The 9 was very dependable and i was a good shot with it. Now, would i trade a Hi-point for my S&W M&P's? no, but they cost 3 times as much too..

Why is it anyone who doesn't sing the praises of inferior, low quality, poorly made firearms is a gun snob? Does it make you feel better?

Yeah I once had a Highpoint 9 did't care much for it , now that I am older and wiser my ccw ia a 40 cal. Beretta it is a all around good pistol I shoot very well with this gun and it is very dependable.

I have a Hi-Point JCP (.40 S&W) & need to work on the mag lip, as that is a common problem. Anyone who has one can find help @: Link Removed

I have a Hi-point 40 that I keep on my nightstand. 400 rounds and no problems. Am I lucky? Who cares...it works!

Made in the USA, Gun breaks you send it back, life time warranty. No questions asked. So I don't need to find parts. Every gun may have issuues in it's life time.
But if you are on a budget and want a gun, I would recommend a Hi-Point.

I owned a highpoint 9 carbine was not to impressed with it other than for a plinker I guess if all else fails its as big as a brick so use it for blunt force trauma

Dad purchased a Hi-Point 9mm for me about 5 years ago as a Birthday Present. It's still in the box. Can't bring myself to sale or trade it because it's from dad.

I feel that my life is worth more than 200 dollars, they may make a great firearm, but my Firearms manufacture (Smith & Wesson) of choice has been around since the late 1800s. Hi-Point has only been around since 1995, to me they are still in their infancy for making firearms.

The remark everyone says about, ''Oh Hi-point lifetime warranty!!! XD'' is a crock and is far from a selling point for me. Most major well known firearm manufactures have the same warranty, and I know that Smith personally will send you certain parts for free. I love my M&P and wouldn't get rid of it for anything, sold my snowmobile to buy it (don't regret it at all). There are much better firearms out there if you are on a budget that aren't as bulky or heavy.

-End Rant-

Sincerely,

Gun Snob *Sarcasm*

.............. they may make a (
j8jvcy_th.jpg
) great (
2mopers_th.jpg
) firearm ....................
-End Rant-

Sincerely,

Gun Snob *Sarcasm*

2rz6t0g.jpg