Help Please

RE: Help

Hello,
I am in need of some legal advise. A few years ago I moved from another state to New York.
Thinking I would register my handguns when I arrived , I brought them with me ( Bad Mistake).
Finding out I needed a pistol permit, I locked the guns away and applied for and received my permit.
Now I find out I broke the law just by moving here with my pistols.
So what can I do ? The local gun shop can't help because the guns were not shipped to them from my home state.
It seems I am really stuck here. It like no matter what I do I will be opening myself up for a legal nightmare.
Right now I can't even sleep at night. Is there any way I can remedy this problem.
I would be willing to give up the guns if need be just for my peace of mind.

What county do you live in? It really depends on the attitude of the local judge and sheriff.

In my case (Herkimer) I was told to bring them to the gun shop, who would hold them for me and generate the FFL transfer paperwork and write receipts with the serial numbers. I would then take the receipts to the pistol clerk who would add them to my permit.

If you PM me I can give you the contact information for the gun shop I deal with - it's owned by a retired LEO who knows the laws.

Just a suggestion, get the guns out of NY, to a free state, and have them shipped to your local dealer. Good luck!

gutter, welcome to the empire state. Home of Bill, and Hillary Clinton, Mayor Bloomingberg and thousands of other Lib-tards!:mad:
I don't think the gun shop guy will report you. Bad for bizz. You havn't hurt anyone.
Sorry to hear about your issues with stupid laws.:cray:

Just a suggestion, get the guns out of NY, to a free state, and have them shipped to your local dealer. Good luck!

I would do this. Do it if it takes you a whole weekend and all your spare cash to do it.
The first step is to put yourself on safe legal ground and follow the correct procedure from there.
Do not wait and sit in an illegal situation.

P.S. You may want to ship to a different dealer than you've already spoken to. Just so you don't make them feel uncomfortable about the situation.

Last edited:
do you know an gun dealer in the state you moved from? if so contact them and ask if they can ship your guns to an ffl in NYS a good dealer in NY to use is the SWAT Store in Lackawanna NY Erie County the guys name at the swat store is Jason his # is 716-822-1043 you will most likely have to drive guns to homestate dealer but it can be done this way PM If you need more help with this.

Your in luck my cousin lives in tyrone Pa about 4hours from buffalo he is good friend is a gun dealer we can do it through him then have them shipped to the swat store where im good friends with jason PM me if you want to go this route I believe we can get this resolved for you. I will wait to hear from you

Last edited:
Hello,
I am in need of some legal advise. A few years ago I moved from another state to New York.
Thinking I would register my handguns when I arrived , I brought them with me ( Bad Mistake).
Finding out I needed a pistol permit, I locked the guns away and applied for and received my permit.
Now I find out I broke the law just by moving here with my pistols.
So what can I do ? The local gun shop can't help because the guns were not shipped to them from my home state.
It seems I am really stuck here. It like no matter what I do I will be opening myself up for a legal nightmare.
Right now I can't even sleep at night. Is there any way I can remedy this problem.
I would be willing to give up the guns if need be just for my peace of mind.
I can't help you in your current situation, but it seems like trophyhunter has a viable solution.

I will however offer this advice for future reference: Do not ever post in a public forum that you did something illegal. If you need information or advice, always phrase it as a theoretical what-if scenario.

Guttercat200,

I spoke to Jason Last Nite and he can do transfer and will only charge $15.00 per weapon for transfer instead of the normal $40.00 so PM If and when you want this to happen....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back