Help--CC Suggestions for a Big Guy

I make my own holsters for OC and CC. I tried a Crossbreed when they first came out and fell in love with the Holster but the quality was so lousy that I was forced to craft my own out of superior materials. Their service dept. was pitiful at that time as well. I got tired of calling Crossbreed to replace clips and the Kydex holster part cracked in two spots and the leather had issues as well. The last straw was when they finally made or bought a clip that was stronger, they suggested I "buy a set." Ya, great warranty. This was in 2005-06. I was not impressed.

Here is what I use for OC & CC now. Click for a larger pic.

This one is for a Hi-Point C9 Open Carry. It can be worn inside the belt or outside as pictured. it is a thumb break with a snap behind the gun.
Link Removed

This one is my first try with my 1911 and it is a concealment holster. The 1911 has a slight forward cant.

This is my second try for a 1911 and it has a more severe cant which I like better.

They may not be pretty but they are made with thick, strong materials. My next holster will be an SOB.

As for wearability, they are awesome. I am 6' 345lbs. With my old Crossbreed and my newly crafted holsters, they tuck in like a glove fit. When I cover with a shirt or sweater, there is no printing. I carry a full-sized 1911. I would steer you toward a Tucker Gun Leather holster long before you think of a Crossbreed. I think the Tucker's are called the "Answer".

I can not recommend this style holster enough. I have a drawer full of other makes from plastic of different sorts and nylon web holsters too. None conceal or carry the weight of a full sized 1911 like mine or the Crossbreed I assume the Tucker would be just as nice. I think Tucker was first with it anyway.

After going to the Kholster web site, I think you can add them to the Must have list of holsters. Awesome guarantee. The design is basically a modified Tucker or Crossbreed. Nice Idea for more flexibility though. The next one I make for myself might look something like that.

Kholster

Check him out.

I make my own holsters for OC and CC. I tried a Crossbreed when they first came out and fell in love with the Holster but the quality was so lousy that I was forced to craft my own out of superior materials. Their service dept. was pitiful at that time as well. I got tired of calling Crossbreed to replace clips and the Kydex holster part cracked in two spots and the leather had issues as well. The last straw was when they finally made or bought a clip that was stronger, they suggested I "buy a set." Ya, great warranty. This was in 2005-06. I was not impressed.

Here is what I use for OC & CC now. Click for a larger pic.

This one is for a Hi-Point C9 Open Carry. It can be worn inside the belt or outside as pictured. it is a thumb break with a snap behind the gun.
Link Removed

This one is my first try with my 1911 and it is a concealment holster. The 1911 has a slight forward cant.

This is my second try for a 1911 and it has a more severe cant which I like better.

They may not be pretty but they are made with thick, strong materials. My next holster will be an SOB.

As for wearability, they are awesome. I am 6' 345lbs. With my old Crossbreed and my newly crafted holsters, they tuck in like a glove fit. When I cover with a shirt or sweater, there is no printing. I carry a full-sized 1911. I would steer you toward a Tucker Gun Leather holster long before you think of a Crossbreed. I think the Tucker's are called the "Answer".

I can not recommend this style holster enough. I have a drawer full of other makes from plastic of different sorts and nylon web holsters too. None conceal or carry the weight of a full sized 1911 like mine or the Crossbreed I assume the Tucker would be just as nice. I think Tucker was first with it anyway.

Nice job and they are certianly NOT ugly! Very stylish!

I've heard of problems in the early days of CrossBreed, but in the last 2 years they have been solid. The new metal clips make a whole world of difference. Nice looking holsters you made tho!

everyone of you are talking about usung IWB or crossbreed and kolster i have on question how many sizes to big do you buy your pants? the reason i ask is because i'm 6'4 and wear a 38 waist and i can get away with an IWB holster for my G31 behind the hip so if you have any suggestons it would be greatly appreciated btw i weigh 260lbs.......:smile:

everyone of you are talking about usung IWB or crossbreed and kolster i have on question how many sizes to big do you buy your pants? the reason i ask is because i'm 6'4 and wear a 38 waist and i can get away with an IWB holster for my G31 behind the hip so if you have any suggestons it would be greatly appreciated btw i weigh 260lbs.......:smile:

Depending on the brand and style of pants, I usually purchase my pants 1 - 2 sizes larger. When shopping for pants, you may want to consider taking along your CC hoster with the appropriate blue gun to ensure proper fit.

gf

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back