Gun Store

Backorder date on this stuff has shifted way to like June or something. Chances of delivery are getting slimmer and slimmer all the time. Just a heads up for people still trying to order.
Link Removed
You guys got to follow along with what's going on out there.
I posted the stories above to show the buy-up has been going on for a while now......finally caught up to us.

You can forgive that kind of behavior if you wish, but I will not. My dollar will be voting with the people who didn't screw over the community so they could sucker new gun buyers who didn't know any better.

I don't have to "forgive" anyone. It isn't my property they're selling, it's theirs. If it's more than I wish to spend, I pass on it, which is basically what you're saying too, only adding a pejorative meme of "gouging" to justify your decision to pass. You relieve gun buyers of the responsibility of paying an asking-price for something. You say they're being "suckered" by voluntarily handing over money in exchange for goods that they want, need or desire because they "didn't know any better." How on God's green Earth the simple act of buying something at the price the seller sets beforehand can be thought of as being "suckered" is beyond me. And if the price is exorbitant, and they buy it anyway, that's on them, not on the person who is in business to turn a profit.

The thing that most bothers me is that when the word "gouging" is used, it's usually in the context that "there ought to be a law against gouging." And in many jurisdictions, there is now, and it serves not to increase availability of needed goods in a crisis situation, but vastly decreases availability because no one is going to go to the trouble of hunting down those items, transporting them into affected areas, and be limited by government on how much their actions should cost the end user. I wrote about my own personal experience with this exact situation just a couple of weeks ago. Strangely enough, with all the outrage over supposed "gouging" going on since Sandy Hook, no one bothered responding to a single bit of logic I presented, even in a thread specifically about gouging. If you think my logic is skewed, tell me why by countering it with better logic.

Some of you people don't believe in freedom. You expect government to save you from high prices no matter what the market forces might be driving them into the stratosphere. Being protected by government from high prices is hardly freedom for the person trying to profit in a free, supply and demand marketplace. I really don't think the believers in the "gouging" meme have thought this through in the context of a free, capitalist society. Prove me wrong if you can. But if government is the answer, then the motivation is that you believe in price-controls, not freedom. Own it if that's going to be your answer.

Blues

Price gouging sucks for those who are too poor to afford the prices :p
I do have a few hundred rounds of 223 that I cant use atm because I sold my rifle to my brother to pay a few bills. (sold it cheap considering what I paid for it years ago in 03) or what I could sell it for now if I still had it.
I had planned to buy a Mini-14 to replace said AR I sold him - but the feces hit the fan and poof no-ability to get one atm.. im crossing my fingers for my rebate check coming in and then getting it.. but by then I hope prices come back down.. cause I was quoted a price of 730 (with tax) for it.. and would hate to pay double that..

Price gouging sucks for those who are too poor to afford the prices :p
I do have a few hundred rounds of 223 that I cant use atm because I sold my rifle to my brother to pay a few bills. (sold it cheap considering what I paid for it years ago in 03) or what I could sell it for now if I still had it.
I had planned to buy a Mini-14 to replace said AR I sold him - but the feces hit the fan and poof no-ability to get one atm.. im crossing my fingers for my rebate check coming in and then getting it.. but by then I hope prices come back down.. cause I was quoted a price of 730 (with tax) for it.. and would hate to pay double that..

Please define "gouging" in the context of this situation. I believe the word is used as a bludgeon to demonize anyone who charges more than a bunch of whiners and cry-babies who didn't plan well want them to.

There's a sign that I've seen in many businesses over the years, mostly businesses where people want it now, like garages that work on people's cars when they broke down or whatever. Anyway, the sign says, "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." The same holds true with pricing in unusual market conditions. The sign might read something like, "Neglecting to make your purchase when the market was flush with product on your part, does not constitute an obligation to keep you from suffering higher prices now that there's a shortage on my part."

I don't believe there's any such thing as "gouging." It's a made-up term much like "assault weapon," used to invoke emotional responses that enure to the detriment of law-abiding business people just trying to make a buck. And passing laws to protect buyers from high prices in unusual market environments is counter to the notion that merchants should be free to price their wares as they see fit.

Blues

Mad? LOL

I have some Pmags for sale on gunbroker if you are interested :p

People should have planned ahead :rolleyes:

I believe in being fair in my everyday dealing with my fellow man.

I believe my actions are firmly based on my religious beliefs. I can only imagine what this world would be like if instead of instructing his disciples to pass the fish and loaves the savior would have said "they should have prepared and brought their own food".

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yet you believe in calling people names like "Douchebag"
Nice!

Regret Leaving the State.

I don't know if i agree with that. Rifles are going to be expensive, but i am finding things here and there. Found 40 ammo at Walmart in Evanston, found more at the local IFA. Stumbled upon a pair of AK magazines at Sportsmans Warehouse for 15 each. Sportsmans isn't even bothering to put stuff on the shelves. They just put it out in carts and let people get what they want. Found some small rifle primes at another LGS. Cal Ranch had a bushmaster on the shelf. Just got a package in the mail with 6 steel AR mags, only paid 18 for those. It is just taking more patience to find stuff. And at the big box stores the prices are still decent.

I spend a decent amount of time looking for things I need. We should start a looking to buy thread so if somone stumbles upon something they can send help out others on the forum. I am willing to help most here, just not the trolls or mr sirduchealot.

Warbirds you live in the right part of the country for gun availability. The Westerners love their guns. Resided in Utah in the 70's & 80's and really enjoyed the state and the people. I envy you, I really didn't want to leave but business took me elsewhere. :frown: I will make it back someday before I die.

Nice!

Didn't you say your sales were listed on GunBroker anyway? I mean, how much more pure can the supply and demand axiom be implemented than to allow the customer to decide for themselves how high their own demand is, and where their top limit of pricing is for a given item? Like I said earlier, I really don't think most of the believers in the "gouging" meme are thinking this thing through.

Of the guns you've listed, have any auctions run out without meeting the minimum bid or the reserve, however you have it set up? I'd be interested to know how you're listing your guns and what kind of action your auctions are getting. A lot of bids? One deep-pockets bidder blowing the looky-loos out of the water? What's "normal" in this abnormal market from your recent experience?

Blues

Nice!

Didn't you say your sales were listed on GunBroker anyway? I mean, how much more pure can the supply and demand axiom be implemented than to allow the customer to decide for themselves how high their own demand is, and where their top limit of pricing is for a given item? Like I said earlier, I really don't think most of the believers in the "gouging" meme are thinking this thing through.

Of the guns you've listed, have any auctions run out without meeting the minimum bid or the reserve, however you have it set up? I'd be interested to know how you're listing your guns and what kind of action your auctions are getting. A lot of bids? One deep-pockets bidder blowing the looky-loos out of the water? What's "normal" in this abnormal market from your recent experience?

Blues

I have the auctions set to relist if they don't meet reserve and I have a buy it now option. Most are one day auctions as that's when most people bid anyway.

Some have sold buy it now and some met reserve.

If the market fluctuates dramatically one way or the other then I make an adjustment.

Most recently sold a bushmaster carbon and a doublestar rifle (Both AR-15) $1600 and $1525.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back