Gun Store

It's too late to try to buy anything

I don't know if i agree with that. Rifles are going to be expensive, but i am finding things here and there. Found 40 ammo at Walmart in Evanston, found more at the local IFA. Stumbled upon a pair of AK magazines at Sportsmans Warehouse for 15 each. Sportsmans isn't even bothering to put stuff on the shelves. They just put it out in carts and let people get what they want. Found some small rifle primes at another LGS. Cal Ranch had a bushmaster on the shelf. Just got a package in the mail with 6 steel AR mags, only paid 18 for those. It is just taking more patience to find stuff. And at the big box stores the prices are still decent.

I spend a decent amount of time looking for things I need. We should start a looking to buy thread so if somone stumbles upon something they can send help out others on the forum. I am willing to help most here, just not the trolls or mr sirduchealot.

Im in IL right across from st.louis its the same way here at local walmarts and rural king when it comes to ammo. But my part time gig is at a pawn shop and we are also a gun dealer and the boss has been odering ammo which we are selling quick and really no mark up either on it. Ars are constant but they are a little mark up on those example I sold to Colt m4 le models at 1450.00 each yesterday. And we got a shipment of 14 sig handguns and 2 each of model 516 and 556 rifles. Handguns and shotguns 0 markup at all on any of them. And il tell you what yesterday did suck busy as hell and having to call all the 4473s in not fun. I guess I have to say Im lucky I got the job I jumped on it a year and a half ago when I saw they were hiring.

I don't know if i agree with that. Rifles are going to be expensive, but i am finding things here and there. Found 40 ammo at Walmart in Evanston, found more at the local IFA. Stumbled upon a pair of AK magazines at Sportsmans Warehouse for 15 each. Sportsmans isn't even bothering to put stuff on the shelves. They just put it out in carts and let people get what they want. Found some small rifle primes at another LGS. Cal Ranch had a bushmaster on the shelf. Just got a package in the mail with 6 steel AR mags, only paid 18 for those. It is just taking more patience to find stuff. And at the big box stores the prices are still decent.

I spend a decent amount of time looking for things I need. We should start a looking to buy thread so if somone stumbles upon something they can send help out others on the forum. I am willing to help most here, just not the trolls or mr sirduchealot.

Mad? LOL

I have some Pmags for sale on gunbroker if you are interested :p

People should have planned ahead :rolleyes:

Mad? LOL

That is pretty funny that someone who thinks of himself as a conservative, doesn't understand the basic economic freedom concepts of supply and demand, and pricing for what the market will bear. This country would have been just another banana republic without those economic forces driving our success. Conservatives around here don't even understand what a conservative is, so we shouldn't be surprised that they don't understand what economic freedom is.

Blues

So I guess you won't be buying any more guns. Every LGS In the country and every gun show at least in my area has raised their prices at least 30% some as high as 60% on AR's. Less product higher demand. It’s sad it has to be that way but that's why they call it capitalism. I guess I will just wait until sales slowdown and prices level off before I get to make my next purchase.

Bingo. Somebody gets it!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Consider yourselves lucky. I live in upstate N.Y. Local gun dealers CAN'T sell an AR type rifle, a semi automatic rifle must have a 7 round or smaller magazine,and a handgun can't leave the store unless equipped with a 7 round or smaller mag. Thank you Governor Cuomo. Not even sure if the pistol I bought almost a year ago for my permit can be given to me with a magazine once I do get my permit

My local guy is doing the best he can with keeping stuff in stock and prices low. Heck local big boxes like Gander Mtn. refuse to price match him. They'll match anyine in town except him. Not really his fault about stock. Suplliers are just tapped. I had to go straight to Bersa to get a mag for my gun and at $37 it wasn't the easiest purchase to make either.

Mad? LOL

That is pretty funny that someone who thinks of himself as a conservative, doesn't understand the basic economic freedom concepts of supply and demand, and pricing for what the market will bear. This country would have been just another banana republic without those economic forces driving our success. Conservatives around here don't even understand what a conservative is, so we shouldn't be surprised that they don't understand what economic freedom is.

Blues

Exactly, capitalism...

And calling others douchebags for making a profit to boot :rolleyes:

Im in IL right across from st.louis its the same way here at local walmarts and rural king when it comes to ammo. But my part time gig is at a pawn shop and we are also a gun dealer and the boss has been odering ammo which we are selling quick and really no mark up either on it. Ars are constant but they are a little mark up on those example I sold to Colt m4 le models at 1450.00 each yesterday. And we got a shipment of 14 sig handguns and 2 each of model 516 and 556 rifles. Handguns and shotguns 0 markup at all on any of them. And il tell you what yesterday did suck busy as hell and having to call all the 4473s in not fun. I guess I have to say Im lucky I got the job I jumped on it a year and a half ago when I saw they were hiring.

No mark up? How do they stay in business?

There's a guy around here who dropped over $15k and cleared out a store.m he even bought those little florescent .22s. He took them all home too. Had an FFL. I emailed the management of all the LGS and asked them to limit purchases so everyone can get a chance to buy a gun or ammo. Looks like only one store did.

Shooters in Jax did that for ammo (2 box max), but they're still gouging the hell out of people for weapons.

Blues

There's making a profit, and there is taking advantage of an emergency with a captive audience. The guys marking stuff up 20% are making a profit. The guys marking stuff up 100-200% are price gouging assholes.

I'm surprised some people can't see the difference, no matter what party they affiliate with.

There is NO more ammo..........there may not be any ammo available to 2 years.
Quit bitching and start thinking...........damn man!

Shooters in Jax did that for ammo (2 box max), but they're still gouging the hell out of people for weapons.

There's making a profit, and there is taking advantage of an emergency with a captive audience. The guys marking stuff up 20% are making a profit. The guys marking stuff up 100-200% are price gouging assholes.

I'm surprised some people can't see the difference, no matter what party they affiliate with.

Yeah, and if gun stores all across the country selling any of this stuff have no guns, no ammo, and no magazines left in stock, and neither do their suppliers because the manufacturers can't keep up with demand, and it's going to cost them 100 - 200% to replenish their wares due to the economic law of supply and demand, then come back here and lecture those "price gouging assholes" for making sure you have something to buy when you patronize their businesses. Or call 'em all assholes because you don't have a clue how capitalism works and go home and build yourself a good slingshot, because if you ain't willing to pay what the market will bear, that's going to be your only choice.

It isn't the manufacturers or the retailers who are to blame for all of this. It's the idiot-class, unprepared, panicked buyers who have emptied all the shelves within days of Sandy Hook because they had no foresight about where this country has been heading for about a century now. You're blaming the victims of panicked, desperate people, and expecting them to take a loss or break even because you think you're qualified to tell them what their profit margin should be when demand outstrips supply by as much as a two year back-order environment.

Forget buying guns and ammo. You should buy a freakin' clue.

Blues

Itch and Ismurphy need to relax, maybe go see a Disney movie. The negativity the two of you spew is quite thick.

Mad? LOL

I believe in being fair in my everyday dealing with my fellow man.

I believe my actions are firmly based on my religious beliefs. I can only imagine what this world would be like if instead of instructing his disciples to pass the fish and loaves the savior would have said "they should have prepared and brought their own food".

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I agree price gouging sucks and I refuse to charge more than the normal cost of things to my friends and family. They don't have ammo and guess who they are begging for ammo...me!

I do think the dealers should be allowed to charge high prices because their inventory will be low for awhile and they need the money to tie them over. Also, if they barely Raised prices someone would buy everything out and charge more. They are trying to keep ammo low but I understand the higher prices on rifles with supply and demand

Yeah, and if gun stores all across the country selling any of this stuff have no guns, no ammo, and no magazines left in stock, and neither do their suppliers because the manufacturers can't keep up with demand, and it's going to cost them 100 - 200% to replenish their wares due to the economic law of supply and demand, then come back here and lecture those "price gouging assholes" for making sure you have something to buy when you patronize their businesses. Or call 'em all assholes because you don't have a clue how capitalism works and go home and build yourself a good slingshot, because if you ain't willing to pay what the market will bear, that's going to be your only choice.

This is over in 2 months, one way or the other. When it is, either they won't be able to sell because of a ban, or the hysteria will be over because there isn't a ban. So the law of supply and demand isn't going to apply. This is a short term bubble, not a long term shortage...and even if it was, they'd ramp up production to meet the demand just like they've done with the 39% increase in demand since Obama's first win...when prices went up for the short term and then dropped back down.

Except with that increase, it wasn't 200% gouging...which is now.

You can forgive that kind of behavior if you wish, but I will not. My dollar will be voting with the people who didn't screw over the community so they could sucker new gun buyers who didn't know any better.

alexanderhiggins
Link Removed
Source Says Feds Are Buying Up All Surplus Ammo
Just days ago a military ammunition supplier announced that the Department of Homeland Security had entered a contract to purchase 450 million rounds of .40 Caliber ammunition, which is more than on bullet for every man, woman and child in the United States.
[h=3]ATK Awarded Contract to Supply 450 Million Rounds of .40 Caliber Ammunition to the Department of Homeland Security[/h]ATK has secured a major Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity deal to supply up to 450 million rounds of .40 caliber ammunition to the Department of Homeland Security.
The 1 year contract with four option years comes at a time when many Americans believe that DHS, along with certain aspects of the military, will soon turn their sights on the American people during some sort of martial law scenario.
“We are proud to extend our track record as the prime supplier of .40 caliber duty ammunition for DHS, ICE,” said Ron Johnson, the president of ATK’s Security and Sporting group,” reported a PR Newswire release.

Alexander Higgins Just days ago a military ammunition supplier announced that the Department of Homeland Security had entered a contract to purchase 450 million rounds of .40 Caliber ammunition, which is more than on bullet for every man, woman and child in the United States.
ATK Awarded Contract to Supply 450 Million Rounds of .40 Caliber Ammunition to the Department of Homeland Security

ATK has secured a major Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity deal to supply up to 450 million rounds of .40 caliber ammunition to the Department of Homeland Security.
The 1 year contract with four option years comes at a time when many Americans believe that DHS, along with certain aspects of the military, will soon turn their sights on the American people during some sort of martial law scenario.
“We are proud to extend our track record as the prime supplier of .40 caliber duty ammunition for DHS, ICE,” said Ron Johnson, the president of ATK’s Security and Sporting group,” reported a PR Newswire release.
Read The Rest…
While the news is startling and one can only speculate on the reason Homeland security needs so much ammunition an even more alarming report has surfaced today.
According to an anonymous source the federal government is buying out all ammunition from military surplus stores and says vendors have told him they have been instructed to cease sales of ammunition to the public.
The source claims to have contacted numerous military surplus stores in an attempt to purchase 5.56 ammo and has been repeatedly informed the stores are sold out because the federal government is buying out all surplus ammo.
The vendors are also sold out of Federal M193 and M855 SS109 ammunition and military surplus suppliers and say that any remaining supply of 5.56 ammunition and .223 caliber is about to spike significantly in price due to the shortage being created by the government.
The source points out that after recently purchasing 440 rounds of federal surplus steel core ammo for $149.00 the price has now skyrocketed to over $440.00 for the same amount of ammunition.
While all of this is coming from an unreliable anonymous source I am putting it out there in case the claims are true.
Federal Jack Reports:
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 8:27 PM
Subject: Government buying out all the 5.56 Military surplus ammo and is telling ammo dealers to stop selling to their vendors and civilians.
I have been calling allot of ammo distributors and ALL of them are telling me that our government is [buying out] all the 5.56-.223 cal military surplus ammo. And they’re also telling the ammo distributors stop selling the ammo to civilians and their vendors because the government is buying it all up from everyone they can. I have also spoken with theses ammo dealers and they told me that the 5.56 and .223 ammo is going way up in price.
For instance…I paid $149.00 for federal surplus 440 rounds of steel core and now at the gun show today it was selling for $440.00 for 420 rounds. I have checked and ALLOT of places online are out of the Military surplus ammo by federal [including] M193 and M855 SS109 ammo. I did find one place still carrying both these ammo’s and good prices still, but they’re the only place I could find. If interested let me know and Ill forward the info.
I was also told by the same ammo dealers that the government is going to buy all the 9mm and .45 ammo up, so hurry and buy while you can at the lower prices while still available. Guess if they won’t take our guns because they figure that there are some many out there, they will just buy all most popular military calibers. Can’t shoot a gun with no ammo…stock up now while you still can.
Source: Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back