Gun control laws and organized crime...

Crashbox

I was wondering if there are any studies which show a correlation between states that have strict firearms laws and the presence/entrenchment of organized crime...?

I'm not exactly sure why this question entered my mind, but I am quite curious all of a sudden.

in many nations where guns were outlawed ,,its citizens were rounded up and murdered by the tyrants of governments which is very organized crime!

The NYC Sullivan Law, named after a criminal politician; NY State Senator Timothy Sullivan (D), that used it against his competition in gambling, and prostitution. While permitting his henchmen to carry guns. The Democrats used these thugs to enforce discipline at the polls and to intimidate his opponents. His gangsters complained that when robbing some citizens, on occasion, the robbers were shot back at, by the citizen protecting himself with a gun. Hence the feel good Sullivan Law, which severely restricted guns for citizens, while allowing permits for his thugs. Needless to say, it did nothing to stem the shootings by gangsters.

Ohh and finally politicians in government is some of the biggest organized crime.

It probably entered your mind because that's what several firearms acts were intended to address. Heavily taxing (at the time) fully automatic weapons was an effort to both control them and make illegal possession a federal offense. They had bootleggers and godfathers in mind back in the day.

The NYC Sullivan Law, named after a criminal politician; NY State Senator Timothy Sullivan (D), that used it against his competition in gambling, and prostitution. While permitting his henchmen to carry guns. The Democrats used these thugs to enforce discipline at the polls and to intimidate his opponents. His gangsters complained that when robbing some citizens, on occasion, the robbers were shot back at, by the citizen protecting himself with a gun. Hence the feel good Sullivan Law, which severely restricted guns for citizens, while allowing permits for his thugs. Needless to say, it did nothing to stem the shootings by gangsters.

Ohh and finally politicians in government is some of the biggest organized crime.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking about- the criminals themselves essentially legalizing carry for their own but disarming the innocent. I have a hunch it is much worse than on the surface as far as influence is concerned, and needless to say our human right to defend ourselves against grave danger is being stripped left and right. What part of "...SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" in 2A don't the anti's understand????????

Not to mention he died of syphilis, so I like to refer to them as the "Syphilitic Sullivan Laws".

Interestingly enough, many of the guns used by organized crime were bought from police lockups in NYC and Chicago in the early 20th century. The cops in some cities of that period were very corrupt and were regularly on the payroll.

Let's connect the dots. Most dangerous cities, most controlled by democrats. Anti-gun organizations, mostly controlled by democrats. Unions, mostly controlled by democrats. Lawyers and judges, most democrat. Eco terrorists, most democrats. Anti business, mostly democrats. Main stream media, mostly run by democrats. Is it just me or is there a pattern here?

The dots certainly do connect. We have a Chicago organized crime family in control of the Whitehouse.

in many nations where guns were outlawed ,,its citizens were rounded up and murdered by the tyrants of governments which is very organized crime!

Jeeze Eagleeyes I think you should research this yourself and see if you can find anyplace where it is actually true. I think the ethnic brainwashing groups have got a hold of you.

So what is wrong with gambling and prostitution? Sounds like you want to support and implement your preacher's hell fire sermons with legislation.

Jeeze Eagleeyes I think you should research this yourself and see if you can find anyplace where it is actually true. I think the ethnic brainwashing groups have got a hold of you.
Link Removed erm shoobie doo what part of this don't you understand??

It probably entered your mind because that's what several firearms acts were intended to address. Heavily taxing (at the time) fully automatic weapons was an effort to both control them and make illegal possession a federal offense. They had bootleggers and godfathers in mind back in the day.

Local Idaho girl, if you read through the most recent USSC case on weapons control, it will give you a better background on this issue.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

It will give you an insight into the thinking of each of the 9 USSC justices.

i know enough shoobie doo to realize most organized criminal syndicates are government owned and operated and those who are not or in some way stop the government criminals from making a profit.... we wage wars with and laws are created to protect tyrants at citizens expense......

Shoobee, I'm your huckleberry.

Consider Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Kim Jong-il, Mao Tse-tung, Qaddafi, Castro and Saddam (somewhat) and of late, Syrian president Bashar al-Assad.

In college I took World History and Civilzations as a minor. I figured it's easy... history doesn't change. But much of what these leaders did isn't negated by that court opinion you offer. This genocide is part of history. It's not up for debate. The reason we learn world history is to learn from its mistakes.

Consider countries who still believe gun control curbs crime. Consider the fate of any people who allows themselves to be disamed.

According to the U.N., as of 2005, Scotland was the most violent country in the developed world, with people three times more likely to be assaulted than in America. Violent crime there has doubled over the last 20 years. 3% of Scots had been victims of assault compared with 1.2% in America. Source: Scotland tops list of world's most violent countries, The Times, September 19, 2005.

America ranks thirteenth in contact crimes victimization; behind Australia, England, Scotland, Canada, Finland, Poland, Ireland, Denmark and France., all of whom have very limited access to firearms. Source: 2001 Dutch Ministry of Justice Study, Criminal Victimization In Seventeen industrialized Countries. Ironically, firearm use in crimes in the UK has doubled in the decade since handguns were banned. Source: Weapons sell for just £50 as suspects and victims grow ever younger, The Times, August 24, 2007. U.K. street robberies soared 28% in 2001. Violent crime was up 11%, murders up 4%, and rapes are up 14%. Source: British Home Office, reported by BBC news, July 12, 2002. Handgun homicides in England and Wales reached an all-time high in 2000, years after a virtual ban on private handgun ownership. More than 3,000 crimes involving handguns were recorded in 1999-2000, including the 42 homicides, 310 cases of attempted murder, 2,561 robberies and 204 burglaries. Source: 42 killed by handguns last year, The Times, January 10, 2001, reporting on statistics supplied by the British Home Office. Handguns were used in 3,685 British offenses in 2000 compared with 2,648 in 1997, an increase of 40%. Source: Illegal Firearms in the UK, Centre for Defense Studies at King's College in London, July 2001.

I have a quadzillion studies and findings from the U.S. Dept. of Justice and Ministries of Defense of most countries that show disarming the people is a horrible idea and that a history does in fact exist of using this as a method of maintaining power.

Don 't forget the purpose of the second amendment was to preserve liberty and prevent tyranny. Our founding fathers believed all freedom exists at the end of a gun. Remember, democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a "well-armed" lamb contesting that vote. Other countries have learned this the hard way.

Our current president would rather see the people of this great nation disarmed. While making grandiose speeches about support for the second amendment, his voting record, which I expounded in another thread shows the words do not match the voting history. In 1776 Thomas Paine penned "Common Sense" which sparked the fires of dissent that led to the Declaration of independence. On page 33 he speaks of King George but his words could just as easily apply to our current leader... "And as he hath shown himself such an inveterate enemy to liberty, and discovered such a thirst for arbitrary power: is he, or is he not, a proper person to say to these colonies, "you shall make no laws but what I please!"

History again repeats.

I was wondering if there are any studies which show a correlation between states that have strict firearms laws and the presence/entrenchment of organized crime...?

I'm not exactly sure why this question entered my mind, but I am quite curious all of a sudden.

Take a look at John Lott's books. They started (More Guns, Less Crime) with his study of gun laws all over the country, their results, and what happened when they were changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back