Great Suprise!

sargedog

My papaw died about 19 year ago. When he died I didn't ask for any of his stuff. Today my wife was over helping my mamaw (cleaning and cooking). On her way home she called me to tell me she was bringing a gun home. It was my papaw's Winchester model 190 .22 with a Weaver scope. The gun is at least 35 years old, I did some research online today and this one has custom stock with checkered patterns. Can't wait to go shoot it, make sure the scope is accurate.:cool:

Nice. It's always great to get some family heirlooms...especially if they are firearms. Take good care of that gun!

Congratulations! Have a beer on me, matey! 35 years old! Wow! Keep us posted on how it goes...I would certainly be interested to know...

What a wonderful surprise!!!! A few years back I had one too, a cousin dropped by with my Grandfathers Damascus 12 GA double, at which point I never knew it existed, and he gave it to me!!!

It's hard to beat some old guns. My wife had a savage Arms .22 single shot that was her graqndcmother's wedding present. It has been passed down to the oldest daughter since. I was allowed to use it in the Police Olympics in Casa Grande, AZ in 1988, and I wone the bronze, silver and gold medals in SmaLL Bore Rifle. Our daughter has alienated everyone, so her brother gets the rifle instead.

Congrats on the gun. Sounds like it will remind you of great times every time you shoot it!
Enjoy!

Nice surprise! I am a relatively new owner of firearms. Was considering purchasing a handgun when my brother-in-law, who had terminal cancer, asked me if I wanted his guns. Had no idea what he had. I ended up with a Makarov 9mm, Titan FIE .25, JC Higgins .22 revolver, and Glenfield Arms .22 semi-auto rifle! What an odd assortment, but a lot of fun.

Nice surprise! I am a relatively new owner of firearms. Was considering purchasing a handgun when my brother-in-law, who had terminal cancer, asked me if I wanted his guns. Had no idea what he had. I ended up with a Makarov 9mm, Titan FIE .25, JC Higgins .22 revolver, and Glenfield Arms .22 semi-auto rifle! What an odd assortment, but a lot of fun.
Wonderful! Well...the guns that is. I am sorry about your BIL but he will be OK especially now that he knows you will take good care of his guns. I just love happy endings....:smile:

Hello. You got a gem. You have been blessed with a gift from the past. My Father had a 290 with a Weaver on it. He was a squirrels' worst nightmare with it. One year, He got 47 consecutive one-shot kills, and then ended up with 49 out of 50 with that particular box of Super X, high velocity hollow points. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that He only shot shorts in that 290. Dad swore by them. Even more ironic than that was the fact that He was medically disqualified from the U.S. Army because of his eyesight. Go figure that one. Enjoy your Granddaddy's gun. take care.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back