Good Sub-compact for the price

I'll second the Kel-Tec PF9. Inexpensive, shoots good and easy to conceal. Fantastic customer service and with a lifetime, no questions asked, warranty...you just can't go wrong. I carried mine until I got my Kahr PM9 and now my Kahr PM45.

I really love my beretta px4 subcompact 9mm. I shot an IDPA match with it last weekend and was amazed at the 1.5'' 3 shot group i put on target with it at 25yds from a kneeling position while leaning around a baracade. needless to say its extremely accurate for a 3incher, its my favorite carry gun for warmer weather.

Good shooting! Berettas are very accurate. I know my 92FS is, at least.

Kahr CW9 or Springfield xd9sc or Kahr PM9....least expensive to most expensive...400-700+
I have all 3 but if I could have only one it'd be the CW9. I love the S'field and its capacity, but compared to the Kahrs it feels like a brick.

i just bought and fired a subcompact .40 xd and i love it. i carry a fullsize M&P in .40, but felt the xd was a better fit then the smaller m&p subcompact. find a range tha rents guns and test fire everything u can get ur hand on.

Lol - The Glockster is being preferential toward his Glocks once again. Glocks are good weapons, (Ugly but still good), but it is not the only weapon on the market. There are S&W's, Colts, Ruger, Taurus, Thompson, Browning, etc, etc, and so on. Seek out a FFL Dealer in your area and have him/her assist you in picking out one that fits you and your finances.

Sorry Glockster... I know you meant well. :pleasantry:

Link Removed if you are looking at 9mm otherwise they have other calibers too. I've been searching for a small carry for the last few weeks and after going through a decent list that is the one I will most likely pick up. The early P series Kahr's seemed to have some problems; however, based on my research and speaking with actual owners the new versions as well as the CW series are extremely dependable. You just need to do that 200 round break in period but honestly if you are going to trust your life to a weapon you should have done more then 200 rounds in practice anyway. So the break in period doesn't really count in my books because I will be shooting more then that to build confidence, training, and proficiency. Remember it's not just your life on the line, it is also those you may be defending and innocent bystanders that could get caught by any strays.

I was going to recommend the Kahr line. I have a Kahr CW 40 that I really like.

But since you already own a Glock in .40, I would say get one of the small glocks. If I'm not mistaken you can use the same magazines in the smaller frame. So you carry the short magazine in the holster, and the larger ones for reloads. You're all set, and you don't have to relearn the controls.

S&W 442 in the strong hand, and Glock 27 or Kel-Tec PF11 in the weak hand. Both hide well, and the revolver goes" bang" when you pull the trigger...no misfeeds, no ejection problems,,if a misfire, just pull the trigger again and it goes bang.

Ever consider the ruger lcp? I know its just a .380 but if you will carry it every day it will be better than that glock on the dresser when your feeling like wearing your short shorts. Retail around here is 330, another .380 is the bersa (assuming your ok with the smaller caliber)

My full time carry is a Glock 27, 9+1 rounds of 180 JHP. WOW, love this gun.

I see that you have a Glock 23 and a S&W 442 also. It's nice knowing I'll be carrying the same weapons as a Marine. I too have a S&W 442. My backup will be the Glock 27. Makes me a lot more comfortable about my decision.

In order of size:
G27
G29
G30

G27 and you'll think you're in heaven
G29 is mighty fine
G30 and you can (fill in the blank cause I can't think of a rhyme word)

Oh yes, and the G27 is smaller than G23, G29 is same length but not as tall as G23 and G30 is a little bigger than G23

Had a P2000SK, hated the trigger (blistered my finger) plus they are VERY expensive. Now I have a Glock 26, fantastic reliability and low price (new or used).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back