God & the Bible, squaring belief with reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in January Russia and the US traded accusations, the Russians were saying that the US was supplying weapons to Syrian rebels and the US said that Russia was supplying attack Helicopters to to Assad’s regime. Both the US and Russia denied the claims.
However both were true. While the US has denied suppling weapons to rebels in Syria, I’ve learned they they have been supplying weapons to the Syrian rebels yet not in a way that has been announced.
As I told you the US had supplied weapons to the rebels in Libya. We also know that the US supplied some weapons to the FSA (Free Syria Army in Syria. We know this via the FSA who told journalists last year during the struggle that rebels received both French and American military assistance, and that assistance was in the form of small to medium weaponry including anti-aircraft missiles. However after the fall of Qadaffi the weapons found their way into the hands of terrorists.
At the time of his death Amb. Stevens was attempting to get factions to turn the weapons over to the US for an “undisclosed sum of money”. It’s unclear is this was a direct swap of cash for guns – a program that is run in the US from time to time, or whether the money would be actually given directly to rebel factions. However the objective was to get the weapons and funnel them to rebels in Syria.

http://macsmind.com/wordpress/2012/...er-off-of-us-weapons-supply-to-syrian-rebels/

So far, only the last bit is speculation.
But what if Turkish, Jordanian, Russian, or Israeli concerns about the appearance of MANPADS close to their borders made the administration decide that it had to exercise more control over weapons shipments to the Syrian rebels? What if the State Department told Ambassador Stevens to clamp down on the shipments or to stop them all together? If Stevens had told his militia allies that he was cutting back or cutting off the CIA-organized shipments to Syria, could they have been angry enough to kill him?
weapons from Libya going to Syria | The Counter Jihad Report

Just when you think things in this forum couldn't get more bizarre. My theory (in keeping with the prevailing sentiment among too many here) is that the same small number of posters you see here and in a couple of other subforums rambling on (and on, and on...) about just about everything (sometimes with strange and usually irrelevant biblical ramblings) are actually BATF undercover agents. Their mission: destroy gun forums. Their method: just as bad currency drives out good ("Gresham's Law"), unrelenting, irrational, have-the-last-word nonsense-type posts will drive out the good, rational, articulate ones. The result: Rational and potential effective (and therefore dangerous!) anti-gun control forum members (whether conservative or liberal) finally give up and disperse to other gun forums, diluting their effectiveness. If they stay, nobody sees their intelligent pro-2A positions because they're buried under so much garbage. Maybe the tinfoil hat types are onto something.

Just when you think things in this forum couldn't get more bizarre. My theory (in keeping with the prevailing sentiment among too many here) is that the same small number of posters you see here and in a couple of other subforums rambling on (and on, and on...) about just about everything (sometimes with strange and usually irrelevant biblical ramblings) are actually BATF undercover agents. Their mission: destroy gun forums. Their method: just as bad currency drives out good ("Gresham's Law"), unrelenting, irrational, have-the-last-word nonsense-type posts will drive out the good, rational, articulate ones. The result: Rational and potential effective (and therefore dangerous!) anti-gun control forum members (whether conservative or liberal) finally give up and disperse to other gun forums, diluting their effectiveness. If they stay, nobody sees their intelligent pro-2A positions because they're buried under so much garbage. Maybe the tinfoil hat types are onto something.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Another discussion/study that would be good is talking about "what" and/or "where" America is when it comes to the tribulation period. I've often wondered if America (USA) has become so weak by this time period that it may no longer exist.
-
The United States is mentioned nowhere in Bible prophecy by name. However, as the greatest nation ever to exist --technologically and scientifically speaking-- and as a nation that seems to have been designed by God to act as midwife and protector of Israel in its rebirth in 1948, one has to wonder if America is referred to somewhere in God's Word.

The only reference we find, even obliquely, is in the Gog-Magog account of Ezekiel 38.

The "merchants of Tarshish" is reference to traders that came from the area of "Tarshish" or "land of tin." This is most often said to be the area of present-day England. The Scripture where this is mentioned is as follows:Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?" (Ezek. 38:13). The "young lions" that follow "merchants of Tarshish" could include America, the offspring of Tarshish, as well as Australia, Canada, and a number of others that England spawned.

My own view is that when the rapture occurs, the US, which contains the largest numbers of true believers in Christ, will be in considerable disarray and chaos. Out of that might come a determination to join with the European Union in an effort to bring some semblance of order to the world (NWO). Thus the US could be absorbed by that growing beast-state, out of which the beast, Antichrist, will come. This last world government is seen in Daniel 7 and more details are given in Daniel 9. More on Antichrist is found in Daniel 8 and in Revelation 13, which also speaks of this beast-state in the first few verses.

The United States is mentioned nowhere in Bible prophecy by name. However, as the greatest nation ever to exist --technologically and scientifically speaking-- and as a nation that seems to have been designed by God to act as midwife and protector of Israel in its rebirth in 1948, one has to wonder if America is referred to somewhere in God's Word.

The only reference we find, even obliquely, is in the Gog-Magog account of Ezekiel 38.

The "merchants of Tarshish" is reference to traders that came from the area of "Tarshish" or "land of tin." This is most often said to be the area of present-day England. The Scripture where this is mentioned is as follows:Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?" (Ezek. 38:13). The "young lions" that follow "merchants of Tarshish" could include America, the offspring of Tarshish, as well as Australia, Canada, and a number of others that England spawned.

My own view is that when the rapture occurs, the US, which contains the largest numbers of true believers in Christ, will be in considerable disarray and chaos. Out of that might come a determination to join with the European Union in an effort to bring some semblance of order to the world (NWO). Thus the US could be absorbed by that growing beast-state, out of which the beast, Antichrist, will come. This last world government is seen in Daniel 7 and more details are given in Daniel 9. More on Antichrist is found in Daniel 8 and in Revelation 13, which also speaks of this beast-state in the first few verses.

Your sig........Israel........it is destroyed in the end.......how do you reconcile this?
Christ kills the inhabitants of the earth 1/3 at a time.......this?
The bible is clear that no one goes to heaven.........rapture?
Isaiah 17, Ephraim suffers the same fate as Damascus.......who is Ephraim?

1] Your sig........Israel........it is destroyed in the end.......how do you reconcile this?
2] .Christ kills the inhabitants of the earth 1/3 at a time.......this?

3 & 4] The bible is clear that no one goes to heaven.........rapture?
5 & 6] Isaiah 17, Ephraim suffers the same fate as Damascus.......who is Ephraim?

1] Jeremiah 31:35-36 declares: "This is what the Lord says, 'He who appoints the sun to shine by day, Who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar -- the Lord Almighty is His Name; Only if these ordinances vanish from My sight,' declares the Lord, 'will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before Me.'

2] The Book of Revelation writes of… 7 seal judgments; 7 trumpet judgments; 7 bowl judgments.

All of the judgments God waited for in history are now poured out in the Tribulation period which according to Jesus and Daniel lasts 7 years. These judgments devastate the earth. In the Tribulation the oceans become blood, most of the sea life dies, plagues, hailstones are released, and a supernatural darkness covers the earth, as God pours out His wrath on world that has rejected Christ for the worship of false gods and the man who claims to be God. Just as the judgments were literal/ physical to Egypt they will be to the world. Israel was present in Egypt during the plagues and she will be present during the Great tribulation.

SEALS

Rev. 6:2 1st seal conquers with a peace plan.

Rev.6:3-2nd Seal: Wars on earth

Rev.6:5-3rd Seal: Worldwide economic trouble

Rev.6:7-4th Seal: Death released. 1/4 of the worlds population to die by plagues, disease, and beasts of the earth

Rev.6:9-5th Seal: Persecution and mass killing of God's people worldwide

Rev.6:12-6th Seal: Massive earthquake wrath of God.

Rev.7:2-7th Seal: 144,000 Jewish males are anointed to evangelize the earth

TRUMPETS

Rev.8:7-1st Trumpet: Hail, fire, and blood. 1/3 all grass and trees burned up

Rev.8:8 -2nd Trumpet: Great mountain hits sea. 1/3 all ocean becomes blood. 1/3 all sea life dies and 1/3 all ships destroyed.

Rev.8:10-3rd Trumpet: Wormwood star hits earth. 1/3 all freshwater poisoned.

Rev.8:12-4th Trumpet: 1/3 of sun and moon darkened.

Rev.9:1-5th Trumpet: locust beasts that sting and torment men are loosed from the pit.

Rev.9:13-6th Trumpet: demons released and 200 million army kills 1/3 of the world's population.

BOWLS

Rev.16:2-1st Bowl: Terrible and painful sores break out on all who worship beast.

Rev.16:3-2nd Bowl: Entire oceans becomes blood, the sea life dies.

Rev.16:4-3rd Bowl: Fresh water becomes blood, no more fresh drinking water.

Rev.16:8-4th Bowl: Sun increased in heat and scorches and burns people. Far beyond global warming.

Rev.16:10-5th Bowl: a Supernatural darkness covers the earth

Rev.16:12-6th Bowl: Armies head toward in the Middle East for the final battle –Armageddon.

Rev.16:17-7th Bowl: Babylon destroyed, massive earthquakes, hundred pound hailstones devastate earth.

John 14:2-4
3] In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going."

4] For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet The Lord in the air" (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

5] Isaiah 17:3 .. The fortress disappears from Ephraim, and a kingdom from Damascus. The remnant of Aram will be like the splendor of the Israelites... 4 On that day the splendor of Jacob will fade, and his healthy body will become emaciated.... 6 Only gleanings will be left in Israel, as if an olive tree had been beaten—two or three berries at the very top of the tree, four or five on its fruitful branches.

In this prophesied event, northern and central Israel are named as taking damage and casualties, although comparatively less than Damascus (Damascus loses the kingdom, but Israel only the fortress). War is never completely one-sided. If Israel is prompted to attack Damascus, they will certainly suffer casualties in the process.

6] Ephraim (ē`frēəm), in the Bible, younger son of Joseph and Asenath and eponymous ancestor of one of the 12 tribes of Israel. His tribe occupied the rugged country around Shiloh that later came to be called Mt. Ephraim. Ephraim was also a name for the Northern Kingdom when Israel was territorially reduced, the land of outlying northern tribes having been conquered (8th cent.) by the Assyrians. Hosea was a prophet who lived and prophesied just before the destruction of Israel in 722 BC. He preached to the northern kingdom. Throughout the book you will see that he refers to Israel and Ephraim. Ephraim was the largest tribe in Israel and sometimes the whole nation was referred to as Ephraim.

Ephraim Old Testament
a. the younger son of Joseph, who received the principal blessing of his grandfather Jacob (Genesis 48:8--22)
b. the tribe descended from him
c. the territory of this tribe, west of the River Jordan
2. the northern kingdom of Israel after the kingdom of Solomon had been divided into two.

1] Jeremiah 31:35-36 declares: "This is what the Lord says, 'He who appoints the sun to shine by day, Who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar -- the Lord Almighty is His Name; Only if these ordinances vanish from My sight,' declares the Lord, 'will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before Me.'

2] The Book of Revelation writes of… 7 seal judgments; 7 trumpet judgments; 7 bowl judgments.

All of the judgments God waited for in history are now poured out in the Tribulation period which according to Jesus and Daniel lasts 7 years. These judgments devastate the earth. In the Tribulation the oceans become blood, most of the sea life dies, plagues, hailstones are released, and a supernatural darkness covers the earth, as God pours out His wrath on world that has rejected Christ for the worship of false gods and the man who claims to be God. Just as the judgments were literal/ physical to Egypt they will be to the world. Israel was present in Egypt during the plagues and she will be present during the Great tribulation.

SEALS

Rev.6:7-4th Seal: Death released. 1/4 of the worlds population to die by plagues, disease, and beasts of the earth

TRUMPETS

Rev.8:8 -2nd Trumpet: Great mountain hits sea. 1/3 all ocean becomes blood. 1/3 all sea life dies and 1/3 all ships destroyed.

Rev.9:1-5th Trumpet: locust beasts that sting and torment men are loosed from the pit.

Rev.9:13-6th Trumpet: demons released and 200 million army kills 1/3 of the world's population.

BOWLS

Rev.16:2-1st Bowl: Terrible and painful sores break out on all who worship beast.

Rev.16:8-4th Bowl: Sun increased in heat and scorches and burns people. Far beyond global warming.

Rev.16:12-6th Bowl: Armies head toward in the Middle East for the final battle –Armageddon.

Rev.16:17-7th Bowl: Babylon destroyed, massive earthquakes, hundred pound hailstones devastate earth.

3] In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going."

4] For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet The Lord in the air" (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

5] Isaiah 17:3 .. The fortress disappears from Ephraim, and a kingdom from Damascus. The remnant of Aram will be like the splendor of the Israelites... 4 On that day the splendor of Jacob will fade, and his healthy body will become emaciated.... 6 Only gleanings will be left in Israel, as if an olive tree had been beaten—two or three berries at the very top of the tree, four or five on its fruitful branches.

In this prophesied event, northern and central Israel are named as taking damage and casualties, although comparatively less than Damascus (Damascus loses the kingdom, but Israel only the fortress). War is never completely one-sided. If Israel is prompted to attack Damascus, they will certainly suffer casualties in the process.

6] Ephraim (ē`frēəm), in the Bible, younger son of Joseph and Asenath and eponymous ancestor of one of the 12 tribes of Israel. His tribe occupied the rugged country around Shiloh that later came to be called Mt. Ephraim. Ephraim was also a name for the Northern Kingdom when Israel was territorially reduced, the land of outlying northern tribes having been conquered (8th cent.) by the Assyrians. Hosea was a prophet who lived and prophesied just before the destruction of Israel in 722 BC. He preached to the northern kingdom. Throughout the book you will see that he refers to Israel and Ephraim. Ephraim was the largest tribe in Israel and sometimes the whole nation was referred to as Ephraim.

Ephraim Old Testament
a. the younger son of Joseph, who received the principal blessing of his grandfather Jacob (Genesis 48:8--22)
2. the northern kingdom of Israel after the kingdom of Solomon had been divided into two.

FYI. I just bought and have received a Hebrew/Greek/Interlinear Bible and have once angina jumped into the Word. Well worth the dollars and it is printed in the USA. Just for thought.

FYI. I just bought and have received a Hebrew/Greek/Interlinear Bible and have once angina jumped into the Word. Well worth the dollars and it is printed in the USA. Just for thought.
A good thought! Happy is the man who personally appropriates God's word, and practically uses it as his comfort and counsellor, - Psalm 119:105..Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path".

I think listening to some crazy "speak in tongues" would make more sense than what this initially-intriguing topic has degenerated into.

A good thought! Happy is the man who personally appropriates God's word, and practically uses it as his comfort and counsellor, - Psalm 119:105..Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path".

The issue/problem that I see is 1. People do not read the Word to know the rules, 2. People do not believe the Word therefore it is just a good book about old dead folks.
The Word is out dated, the Constitution is outdated and Barry Hussein-Sotelo-Obama has read neither and if he has does not understand either and if he does is a dedicated ideologue.
G_d does not change, tyranny does not stay hidden long nor does it change.
Love ya Bro and Sisters In Christ.

SEALS

TRUMPETS

BOWLS

Ephraim Old Testament

1) Don't really understand where you are going with this........descendents/seed........is the Nation, not the physical land. Jacob was renamed Israel by God. His promises/covenants are always with the people, not with lands.
2) The seals are poured out at the end of the tribulation period. The 'Sword of God' is mentioned throughout the bible, God's wrath/judgement. Are you suggesting that God/Christ is not, does not, will not, directly intervene? Christ is the Word. The Word created man, earth, showed Himself to Moses, His finger etched out the Ten Commandments on the tablets, Christ Himself killed the first-born in Egypt.....etc....the Word is the Communicator with man. Christ is referred throughout the bible as Judge. Jesus came to earth with one message then returned to His Judgment Seat. How do you conclude that Christ will not intervene? will not render His wrath? The tribulation period is 7 years, Christ returns at the 3.5 year mark, all the while He is rendering Judgement.
3-4) Exodus 24:9-10, Ezekiel 1:22, Ezekiel 10:1, Rev 4:6, Rev 15:2 Study the 'Sea of Glass', what I consider the first Heaven. This is where the saints will meet Him in the air/clouds. A place of safety where the spirit beings can watch the transformation of the earth and prepare for the building of the New Jerusalem.
God's Kingdom is on earth, nowhere is it mentioned that those in Heaven are brought down to earth after the Kingdom is built. The bible is clear that no one goes to heaven, study 'sleeping in Christ' (1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also who sleep in Jesus will God bring with him). John 3:13 And no man has ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man who is in heaven. Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he said himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit on my right hand,

As to the subject of the Lost Tribes, Ephraim-
I cannot convince you of what you will not see, however, consider David.
Acts 13:23 Of this man's seed has God according to his promise raised to Israel a Savior, Jesus:
British Throne of David

I have read arguments that Ephraim is actually amerika and not England.
This one is a bit more convincing only in that amerika is quickly headed down the the sh-tter.
Link Removed

The only evidence for gods existence is someone told you he does. Well that, and the part of our stupid monkey mind unable to separate fact from fiction, truth from a well told lie, and reality from the world inside our self-deluded brains.

There are a few things that need to be cleared up, first off the scientific method. If you don't actually know what this is and cannot be asked to click the link, then please don't bother replying to this post. The last things we need is some ignorant fool posting ignorant foolishness in this thread.

Before providing evidence for the existence of god, God, GAWD, Thor, Raven, Spider Man, or any other fictional characters, please make sure you are neither blinded by your own bias or deluded into thinking your fallacies are true.

Any evidence to be provided for the existence of anything from the realm of the supernatural must conform to basic scientific standards for "evidence" i.e. it must be testable, as in outside of your skull and within the realm of reality to which others have access and be repeatedly tested to produce said evidence.

Every argument for god starts with an assumption, the assumption that god exists. Where does the evidence to support this assumption come from? The bible? It's a book. If the bible is proof of god's existence then Dune is proof that the Freemen exist. Mickey Mouse is real, Smurfs really are running from Gargamel.

What about the unmoved mover? The cause that started it all? You got this idea from the bible, and it has already been demonstrated that the bible proves nothing.

The world is so perfect for human existence, we are so perfectly made. God did it! Again, this idea originates in the bible (well that and everyone else who thought of it first). The world is not perfect for human existence. 200 years ago if you made it to the age of 21 you were the 1 in 3 who did so. As for us being well made, thousands of genetic diseases and disorders, wisdom teeth, the appendix, need I really go on?

The reality is this: If you strip away all of the preconceptions you have thanks to your years of religious indoctrination you are left with a very simple conclusion: There is no evidence of any kind whatsoever to support your belief. The spiritual is a lie. Your pastor/preacher/minister/bishop? Those guys have a very strong financial incentive to keep you believing and thus paying their living expenses. Having reached the conclusion that your entire system of belief is purely irrational you must come to the next conclusion: Continued belief in the irrational is not sane. If you believe that it rains dough nuts every Sunday, you are not sane. Just because billions share your insanity does not make you any less insane. If every person on this planet tomorrow decided that the sun was made of marshmallows and chocolate sauce then every person on this planet would be delusional.

So the debate is basically two-fold: First am I right or wrong? and if I am wrong can you follow the rules laid out by science to prove it? The second? Never mind, lets leave it at the first.

If you make a claim for god based on evidence, the one real rule I would like to enforce is you had better back up that claim, and when you get called on your fallacy don't start dancing the cognitive dissonance conga line.

For those about to say the scientific method can't explain this or that or the other thing: Neither can you. Keep in mind that you are alive today because of science, the food you eat, the clothes you wear, the house you sleep in, the roads, the Internet, your phone/pc/alarm clock/tampons/medicine/every single aspect of your existence outside of the most trivial, has been brought to you by the wonders of science. If you want to live otherwise you are going to have to take off all your clothes, walk out into the forest, and start eating berries and hunting bare handed to survive.

^^^ Funny post ^^^ It's full of lies & distortions of truth. But, it's funny.

There is far more evidence of the universe being divinely created than there is evidence of Darwinism or the Big bang. Personally, I just don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

(Especially, when science is continuing to discover that even the smallest know elements in the universe seem to have some for of divine intelligence behind them.)

Believe in the big bang?

You must assume some form of matter or energy exploded to form the universe. (Talk about beginning on an obscure assumption!)

Where did the matter or mass of energy come from?
What set the explosion off?

Science dictates all mass & energy have a source. Science also dictates an explosion happens because something set of the reaction.

Do you believe aliens seeded the Earth?

Who are these aliens and where did they come from?
Who created them?

Do you believe in the "multiple" universe theory?

Where did multiple universes come from?
How did they get there?

Nope, just don't have enough faith to believe those crazy ideas.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, The Bible teaches there is an unseen/invisible realm of existence called the spirit. Enter science fact- The world of Quanta.

The Bible tells us that God spoke creation into existence out of the invisible realm.

Quantum science has already proven (Scientific FACT), EVERYTHING in the KNOWN universe is made up of sound waves. (Strings of data that keeps them in their perspective form.)

The Bible says the way we think & observe things can/does have an affect on our life.

Enter Science fact again- Scientist have discovered that the way you observe things in the quantum world does have an affect on their behavior. It has also been proven that sound waves can & do have an affect on the material world.​

I really can't take the time to go over all the scientific data that supports the Bible. I also find it very strange that one would proclaim that science disproves God. When the ONLY way it will do that is those who make such claims ignore the very precepts science demands.

The REAL objections you and others have is NOT at all based on science! The real objections of all atheists to the Bible & the existence of God stems from nothing more than "REBELLION" to truth and morality that belief in the Holy Bible would dictate you live your life by.

I suggest that people read a book called "Quantum Glory" in my previous posts. I want link the book again here. But, if you're serious about proclaiming science contradicts the Bible, I really suggest you reading that book and educating yourself a little bit more.

Like I said, I've studied the REAL evidence and I just don't have the faith to be an atheist.

-

It's God's science.
Explain the end of time and space........where is it? what is beyond it?
Man will never fully understand the science of God, not even in the spirit realm of the afterlife.
Yes the earth is millions and millions of years old........hundreds of millions........
Lucifer was banished to the earth, he and his demons had millions of years to effect the seed of man/animal, they did have effect but they could not destroy the seed of man because even they did not fully understand the mind/science of God.......you'll find this account in Genesis.
Note: Lucifer was creation of God, a servant. Lucifer was the closest and most knowledgeable of God and His plan for man, he was in line behind Christ/Word in rank (if you car to think of it that way) and he was envious of Christ and His position. Lucifer knew he would never be a part of the Family of God, thus the reason for his attempted coup of Heaven. Of any of the spirit beings to have knowledge of God's science it would have been Lucifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back