Glock yes/no

jpwaters001

Has anyone had a Glock and didn't like the feel of the wide grip but got used to it after a while?

I had a Glock 22 for a while, but sold it and bought a steel frame Desert Eagle .45. After I took it out and shot it, I decided I would never have another plastic pistol. But that's just me.

Glock 19 was my first gun. I have held many pistols before that though. It did feel a little weird at first to me at first, but after practicing and holding it everyday I find it very comfortable .

If you like big heavy steel pistols that need to be cleaned frequently so that they don't rust or jam when your life depends on them, then, you'd hate a Glock.

Glock grip

First Glock was a 21 Gen 3. Way too big for my hand.. sent to Robar, and it is much better. Have acquired 4 more since then, all Gen 4 (19, 23, 26, 27). Gen 4 with no extra backstrap fits my hand perfectly, points great, shoots great. Not intended to be a steel vs plastic debate as I own both. I conceal carry the G-27, deSantis IWB, super comfortable.

I have the G23. Although I have small hands (for a man) and short fingers I haven't had a problem with it. On the contrary, I have experienced thinner guns twisting in my hand when firing. Chief among them is the M&P Shield in .40 cal. No way I could do a double tap with the Shield.

I have large hands but not huge. If anything I wouldn't mind a slight fattening of the grip on my Glock 17 Gen4, similar to the bulges in the larger fittings of the S&W M&P9. The Glock is very blocky, the M&P is more ergonomically designed, the bulges fitting in the cup of ones hand. Both pistols come with a set of backstraps to adjust the grip size, but with the Glock the backstrap changes the front-to-back dimension only.

However I always seem to shoot better with the Glock.

If you like big heavy steel pistols that need to be cleaned frequently so that they don't rust or jam when your life depends on them, then, you'd hate a Glock.

So that's why I don't like Glocks!

Here I've always thought that I didn't like Glocks because they didn't fit my hand well or point naturally for me.

By the way, I've been shooting handguns since 1978 and I've only had 1 jam. It was caused by bad factory ammunition (Remington or Winchester I don't remember which). It was back in the mid '90's and my Browning Hi-Power Practical got jammed when a just fired piece of brass split and a fragment ended up in between the frame and the locking lugs.

Thanks for clearing that up.

When I was looking for my first pistol I narrowed down the field to two pistols; Glock and Springfield XDM. They are similiar but the XDM just edged out the Glock in every category including the grip. I looked around for an XDM and if I could not find a good deal on one I was going to buy a Glock. I ended up with the XDM but if I had not found the right price I could have definitely been comfortable with the Glock. Everyone I know who owns a Glock is happy with it. Try an XDM if possible and see what you think. There are lots of Glock owners so I'm sure you could easily get used to the Glock just like millions of other folks have.

So that's why I don't like Glocks!

I here I've always thought that I didn't like Glocks because they didn't fit my hand well or point naturally for me.

By the way, I've been shooting handguns since 1978 and I've only had 1 jam. It was caused by bad factory ammunition (Remington or Winchester I don't remember which). It was back in the mid '90's and my Browning Hi-Power Practical got jammed when a just fired piece of brass split and a fragment ended up in between the frame and the locking lugs.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Yep, I don't have a problem with all steel pistols. If you decide you want to trade that Hi-Power for a Glock, just let me know!

Glock makes a fine pistol. I personally am not a fan, because when I point the gun at a target, it is aimed a little low, due to grip angle. Not good for close range emergency point shooting.
I do have a problem with some Glock owners, they are like Budweisre drinkers, and Harley davidson riders, " if you don't own a Harley, you ain't sh--.

I hate the texture on the gen4 glock 17. My HK usp is very comfortable to hold and shoot, on the block I can feel every corner.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I definitely did not like the grips on Glocks (whatever generation). I didn't get a chance to get used to it, as I bought something else after trying a few (a Shield... couldn't ask for a better fit). I have super small hands, which means the back of the grip was mostly on my thumb and screwing up my accuracy quite a bit. For CC, that wasn't gonna cut it for me.

I have looked, held, fondled, fired, a number of Glocks! I did not like them and could not get behind all of the hipe. I'm not saying there not good guns, there just not for me. I prefer a Sig! I own several Sigs, three Rugers, a couple of Kimbers, Kel-Tecs and Colts, a Smith & Wesson, and Walther. Just no Glock! I think they are a cheeply made gun, and yes I know they go bang!

Howdy,

I love Glocks!

I own an old G20 10mm that I've had for over 20 years, a G21SF .45acp, a G23 .40S&W ( my EDC gun ) and a G35 .40S&W.

I'm 49yo and have been shooting handguns for over 40 years, currently own Ruger, S&W, Taurus, Browning, Norinco, AMT, Walther, Makarov, Cobray,
Jennings, Calico, and a 1858 Remington replica and I prefer Glocks.

I grow up shooting 1911s and S&W revolvers and it took several years to "warm up" to Glocks.

Nowadays I'm a hardcore Glocker.

Paul

I like them all, just don't have the space or the dang wallet for what I want. I am really fond of the 1911's, have three, but......I also have three Glocks. Each have grown on me, I like others didn't really care for the Glock mostly because they really didn't look that cool for lack of a better word and the polymer. The grip angle with my G17 is definitely different for me than say my 21 or 26. But I shoot each equally well. just took some practice. G26 is on my side or close by 24/7. I have other brands as well but I have to honestly say that if SHTF tomorrow I would definitely have a 1911 as well as those Glocks close by and readily available to me.

I bought my Glock 17 CWxxx with 6 extra mags for use on my boat along with a SS Ruger mini 14 186xxx Don't care about brand just want it to function for it's intended use, fend off pirates and such on the high seas. Carribean mostly. $ 600.00 for both. Wife is comfy with the Glock, but really is not fond of it.

I want a pistol that fires every time I want it to, hits the target and has no bells, whistles, external safeties or handles - point and shoot.

I own three glocks.

Glock Gen 3 and 4 model 22 are fine and I carry, Kimber Ultra and Custom great. Carry what you like, carry what you can hit the target with and practice. The CDP II and Eclipse have gone to my kids. Never an issue. But, as Ford vs. Chevy what ever you like. I see no real issue.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back