Glock 19 for CC

RJ_Whitlock

M&P 9mm
I'm looking at get a new G19 in box with an extra mag for $430. I know Glock's have been around for awhile but I've personally never owned, shot, or held one (until today). It felt nice in my hands, and to me the price is good.

My big question is how are they for CC?

Thanks All!

I think there great I carry a glock 19 gen 4 its not bulky shoots great. I say if you like it go for it.

I was never into Glock before because of the plastic part of the gun. So I'm hoping their reliable :p I'm sure they are. I see a lot of people on these forums own and carry Glocks. I'm not sure what Gen the Glock I'm getting is. Is there a way to tell? I know it's not a Gen 4 because it doesn't have any finger grooves or a rail system.

It's all about personal preferences isn't it. I prefer the S & W 38 snub nose. I don't
ever have to worry about it jamming. Less amo, yes, but if your accurate you only need so many rounds. Besides, I always have some spares.

I carry a Glock 23, which is the same size as the G19, only in 40 caliber.....it is a wonderful firearm for CC.... I would jump on it, you will not be sorry with the purchase.....

RJ,

I own to G19's and love them, but not everyone will like the Glock. The key is to dress accordingly to accommodate the width of such a firearm in order to help prevent obvious clothing bulges. Granted the G26 will hide better (EDC), but the grip size can put some shooters off a bit with comfort. So if you explore the 26 (subcompact) make sure you try one with grip extensions on the magazines before you rule either one out.

I tend to buy my shirts a size larger than normal, I have IWB and OWB holster options, and I often wear shorts or trousers with enough room to coneal my firearm without making it painfully obvious to everyone else.

One major thing to know. If you have/get a new Gen4 or the RTF frame you will want some sort of undershirt or material between the frame and your skin...no matter what. It will sandpaper your hide rather quickly.

I've seen them local to me ballpark of $450, so that means finding one in your price range used shouldn't be a problem. You could try armslist.com or gunlistings.org to see if anything pops up in your area.

I was never into Glock before because of the plastic part of the gun. So I'm hoping their reliable :p I'm sure they are. I see a lot of people on these forums own and carry Glocks. I'm not sure what Gen the Glock I'm getting is. Is there a way to tell? I know it's not a Gen 4 because it doesn't have any finger grooves or a rail system.
When you need your gun,the loudest sound in the world is "click." I've carried Glocks exclusively because of their reliability.

As a certified glock armorer and someone that carries a Sig Sauer P226....its not only plastic that the gun is made of. It is very durable and the slide is very durable as well and the gun overall takes to abuse very well. NYPD has been using the Glock 19 for the past 20+ years as a duty gun and have never heard of any real complaints.

If your going to use this as a CC then make sure you can actually hide the gun on your person. Depending on a persons body frame it maybe be too big to conceal in a IWB or OWB holster . The gun itself is great but make sure you are comfortable carrying it. I personally carry a Glock 26. It is a little smaller and easier to conceal for me.

Good Luck

I don't always conceal carry where I live OC is popular. Depends what I do and where I go. I also have a Rueger P89 but its heavy on the belt. Ask who ever your buying from they can tell you what gen it is.

Glocks are great, super dependable, easy to take care of, and shoot straight. I carry the G 26 everday. I am 5'10" 175lbs. and work in an office. No one can tell I am carrying. The 19 is a bit more "printable" depends on how you dress and what you do.

I carried a G19 Gen2 from 1988 (when they came out) until 2001 when I got a G26. G19 is a fantastic CC firearm. Never misfired or failed to fire using all kinds of ammo from all around the world. I carried that G19 everyday in Panama, Peru and other Central and South American countries. I carried it in Germany and throughout Europe. Fantastic gun. I still have it and have it in my nightstand. The only reason I carry the G26 is because it is smaller lighter and more concealable. Actually I still carry the G19 OWB (Link Removed) OC with the G26 as a back up.

I have a Gen 2 G19 that I carried on and off duty for years. I was given it when I retired and still carry it CC. Since I carried it starting in 1999, it has fired thousands of rounds of +P ammo without a single jam. It has no finger grooves thankfully, as the groove usually are where my fingers are not. Don't need a rail as it has Trijicon tritium sights. I never liked the light being on the gun. Bad guys tend to shoot back at the light and I really don't like it in line with my head. That is why many years ago they trained us to hold the flashlight out to the side when lighting up a perp.

By the way, you can't beat the price or performance of the Link Removed. Tighter and less "rattle" than a Blackhawk Serpa (I've tried them) at about 1/3 the cost. Also, Serpas have 3 different cant positions where the Israeli Tactical have 360 degree cant settings using an allen wrench (included) so you can use it for cross-draw, vertical, horizontal, whatever. I have no affiliation with the sight but I have ordered holsters and magazine holders from them with fast delivery.

I paid $500 for my G19 Gen2 in 1988. I paid $500 for my G26 Gen3 in 2001 and it think they are about the same price now.

To answer your question, Gen 4 Glocks actually say Gen 4 on the slide. Most likely if you're buying it new, it will be a gen 3 if it doesnt say gen 4 on it.

must be a gen 2... gen 3 and 4 both have finger grooves... i've got the gen 3 and 4, have had zero issues...

Rj if you can get the serial number you can use this thread to detirmin when your gun was made:

Link Removed

Mine is a G26 made in 2003.......man that is old. I can still hit a 10 off a draw (once in a while). So to some up 8 years of blasting and carrying everyday with absolutely no problems.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back