Gas Chamber vs. Pepper Spray

kn1080

Ive been in the Army for 10 years so, I have experienced the gas chamber a time or two but Im wondering whats worse?

Do any of you ladies or gentlemen have experience with both?

Ive been in the Army for 10 years so, I have experienced the gas chamber a time or two but Im wondering whats worse?

Do any of you ladies or gentlemen have experience with both?

My vote goes to the pepper spray as being worse. I'd sooner take the gas chamber and rub my eyes, than get hit by pepper spray.

The effects of the gas chamber (assuming CS) wear off a lot quicker than OC.

gf

Im a little curious but too much of a wuss to find out personally.

Once you're out of the gas chamber or the CS cloud passes, simply face the wind and flap your arms and the effects go away. OTOH, with OC, it's oil based, so it gets all over your face and clothes and the burn begins. Flushing the area with soap and water (except the eyes which create another problem) make the effects less, but you can only do so much. The oil gets into your skin to an extent and will reactivate up to a point if you get the area wet again (like when you take a shower once you get home or other opportunity). IMHO, OC is really bad stuff. :fie: It's so bad that if given a choice of the CS, OC or Taser, I'd take the Taser. Most would think the Taser is the worse, but in reality, the effects are very short once the power is off.

I've had my share of each both in training and in real life situations. Ultimately it would be "none of the above", but then again, we don't live in an "ideal" world.

gf

OC is worse.. I could walk in the gas chamber w/o my mask in the Corps but was near someone who got sprayed in NOLA for Mardi Gras the just being on the frings was bad... my 2 cents

The gas chamber as apposed to a direct spray of pepper to the face, I would take the chamber. Have only had the chamber thank goodness, but have seen the spray to the face and it looked terrible.

Mac

I know this is off topic, but I must say I am fully enjoying this forum and the site as a whole. I am pretty much confined to the house/bed after recent back surgery and you guys and gals are making my recovery alittle less boring. Thanks for that!

Mac

Omgosh I feel the O.C. is much worse. Very nasty! Although the taser wasn’t fun either. If I had to choose between taking another hit of the O.C. or getting shot with the taser again...uhg.... that’s a tuff choice because they both really sucked....:fie:

oc wins!!

i was exposed to tear gas in the state guard. and the oc in security/law enforcement. oc is way way worse. it burns everything, makes you snot up like a bull, all in all, horrible. that was just the spray. don't even want to contemplate the gel. i would rather take a beating. really.

I know this is off topic, but I must say I am fully enjoying this forum and the site as a whole. I am pretty much confined to the house/bed after recent back surgery and you guys and gals are making my recovery alittle less boring. Thanks for that!

Mac

Im really happy to hear that! I am thoroughly enjoying this site as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back