Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

Fondis Firearms

Does anyone have experience with Font Sight Firearms Training? I have been looking for some more advanced training, and they seem to have a quality facility and program. I just don't know anyone who has experienced it first hand.

Use the "search" feature. There are numerous threads where the facility in question has been discussed. I cannot in good conscience recommend that facility.

gf

Use the "search" feature. There are numerous threads where the facility in question has been discussed. I cannot in good conscience recommend that facility.

Glock, I appreciate the quick reply. I searched through a lot of threads, and found a lot of positive info about their training. Maybe I just looked at the wrong ones... I am curious why you do not recommend the facility.

Fondis, My son and I attended a 4 day defensive pistol class at Front Sight in December 2008. We found the training to be excellent. The instructors were knowledgeable, patient, and through. We spent the first sessions on safely handling the pistol, and subsequent sessions divided between class instruction and range time. Staff was professional and well trained. We were busy for around 9-10 hours each day with productive and interesting class and range events. I was pleasantly surprised to see the diversity of attendees, ranging from a 10 year old to an 84 year old grandma. I can't say enough about the positive experience my son and I had at Front Sight. We had planned to return late last year, but son ruptured his Achilles tendon at thanksgiving football game, so we had to cancel our reservations. I still plan to return this year.

Glock, I appreciate the quick reply. I searched through a lot of threads, and found a lot of positive info about their training. Maybe I just looked at the wrong ones... I am curious why you do not recommend the facility.

Mainly due to personal experience when checking out the facility. I may be hyper critical being that I'm a firearms instructor, though some of the things I observed while at the facility were contrary what I would teach. There were many positive things said by many, I'm in the minority. Then again, I see things a lot differently from your "average Joe".

I'm not very fond of their marketing tactics and the claim that Dr. Piazza simply wants to train people. Bottom line is that it's a business and $$$ talks. There are other facilities that offer equivalent if not better training that won't cost nearly as much. I'd have a lot more respect for the guy if he would drop the "millionaire patriot" line.

YMMV

gf

Thanks Glock, I'm not crazy about his marketing techniques either, and every business is there to make money. That is a given. I appreciate your candidness.
I'm still looking for something, and with my work schedule the way it is, I don't know when I'll ever be able to go to anything other than local training. In the mean time, I can practice right here in my back yard...:girl_wink:

I've gone and had a great time. I attended the 4 day Handgun course. I believe that I learned quite a bit. I have had military training/expierience prior to this as well. And from my expierience this was superior training.

I felt that the training environment was very positive, the instructors were very knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. If you need extra practice (dry fire mostly) they will do what they can to assist, such as showing up early/late/during lunch to help.

I'm sure that everyones expierience will be different, but when I went I was solo, and the people I met there were all friendly as well.

The hardest part for me was getting used to the long days. I was pretty beat by the time we were done.

As for as the marketing stuff... well thats just personal opinion. He is doing what he believes will help bring in the most customers, and the most attention in a good light to firearms. I'm sure that there are many different training institutes out there but, have you heard of them? (As compared to front sight which seems to be trying to advertise everywhere) . They also offer many different "deals" to make attending the course more reasonably priced so the average guy can attend (thats how I got to go).

I've spent a total of 36 training days at Front Sight. The instruction is top-notch and the facility is awesome. If you plan on only attending 1 course, shop around for a good school near your location. If you plan on doing a lot of training, the memberships that Front Sight offers are definitely the way to go. If you watch for special offers, you can really score. I picked up a package of Challenge level memberships a couple of years ago for $5,000. I gave one to my wife and sold 3 of them. As part of the deal, I had to donate one to someone on active duty in the Military (which I think is great). Later, I had the opportunity to upgrade my membership to Diamond for a great price. I was also allowed to keep the Challenge membership that I had upgraded from, which I sold to a friend later.

So far, I've trained for 36 days, my wife has trained for 5, and we've got about $750 into it. And we can continue attending these courses as many times as we want for the rest of our lives.

I am convinced that this will be a good thing for me. I have a chance to buy lifetime of 2/4 day pistol and 2/4 day rifle classes for $419 for having participated in their "Don't Tread on Me" campaign. I figure this is just the cost of one gun, which I can afford. The only thing holding me back right now is my husband isn't interested, and I think I would use the membership a lot more if we both got them. I have until the end of the month to sign up; maybe I can work on him some more. :biggrin:

I'm not very fond of their marketing tactics and the claim that Dr. Piazza simply wants to train people. Bottom line is that it's a business and $$$ talks. There are other facilities that offer equivalent if not better training that won't cost nearly as much. I'd have a lot more respect for the guy if he would drop the "millionaire patriot" line.
I did a bit of internet research and found out quite a bit about Dr. Ignatius Piazza...Front Sight's "millionare patriot".

It appears that he collected several million $$$'s from folks who thought they were buying one acre homesites at the FS facility in the desert. Bottom line: The whole thing was a scam that ended in a huge lawsuit. Just Google "Front Site Scam" and you'll open a huge list of facts about the case.

My wife and I attend Front Sight's 4 day handgun course in March. Amazing experience. World class instruction! We were so impressed with the training that we bought life time memberships.
It is true that they go OVER BOARD on the marketing crap. But if you can look past that, the training it top notch!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back