Follow-On Classes

USN2Pulpit

Good morning all...

Looking for some good "follow-on" classes to take the next step beyond basic required CC. Something with a little more technique and perhaps defense strategy. I am in south-central Missouri, quick trip via I-44 to the StL area. Anyone know of some excellent programs in Missouri?

The best thing You can do is to save your pennys and Go to Front sight in Vagas. The training is far better than anything around hear in MO. the Web sight url is Gun training | Firearm Training... sign up for the free news letter.
But if you still want to stay in MO for training then try Black Ops School Of Combat I have not been to black ops but have been to front sight. Just my humble opinion.

Go to the Main page of this forum on Missouri, this one you are on...look for Missouri Gun Ranges, Missouri Instructors and other stuffs. You can choose from there...

The best thing You can do is to save your pennys and Go to Front sight in Vagas. The training is far better than anything around hear in MO. the Web sight url is Gun training | Firearm Training... sign up for the free news letter.
But if you still want to stay in MO for training then try Black Ops School Of Combat I have not been to black ops but have been to front sight. Just my humble opinion.
Hi rfeger1...thanks for the link. I went to their website and I like what I saw...I could do with some more training. I bookmarked the page. Their price is about the same as the others I've been through.I will look into this when I am free-er...

When you get the chance check it out. I'll be adding more classes soon. In Topeka, KS this weekend for Close Range Gunfighting and Defensive Knife with fellow SI Instructor John McCreery from Ohio. Green Valley Rifle & Pistol Club, home of the Bianchi Cup, is my home range, but I'll travel if you have a local range.

PM sent. I may be in the STL area to provide coursework to some family friends. If I'm up that way and you become available you're more than welcome to jump in with them or schedule a private course with me. I have roughly 3 weeks of vacation to burn at work, so I'll be using it to travel a bit in Missouri and see some things I've forgotten over the years like the Katy Trail.

i'd love to do that front sight thing too or similar but dang it's just so expensive so i just watch vids and do my own kinda practice but first i'm learning the basics
i just got a loaner holster and belt so i'm going to practice my draw and aim dry at home for a while before doing it at the range and work my way up to tactical training when i got the basics down but i do watch alot of tactical training vids to get ideas of how to train what to watch for and all
i was going to start today by putting the belt and holster on and practice but as soon as i got up the neighbor was at the door needing a ride and i have to go get her husband from work when he gets off in a couple hours so that pretty much shoots my day ha pun intended but tomorrow after i take him to work i'm going to gear up and practice his vehicle is going to be in the shop and hopefully he gets it fixed soon so i don't have to take him to and from for long 6am is not a time i want to be driving anyone to work way out in bum f egypt as i usually don't roll out of bed till much later and it cuts my practice time too
;(

PM sent. I may be in the STL area to provide coursework to some family friends. If I'm up that way and you become available you're more than welcome to jump in with them or schedule a private course with me. I have roughly 3 weeks of vacation to burn at work, so I'll be using it to travel a bit in Missouri and see some things I've forgotten over the years like the Katy Trail.
I suppose you will be well equipped and you will have companions with you??? I heard once that Katy's Trail is not really a good place to go about...your sports walks and ride spots here in the US is so different that although it is nice and paved, it goes where there are some vegetations which is not in full view of the public or something. I do not know how to express it. In Australia, our sports walks, trails for biking, jogging, roller blading, etc. are all within the sight of the traffic but not exactly next to the traffic at large...so if something happens to you, at least the driving public can render immediate assistance...

NRA's personal protection in home course is a good next step for training.
Most instructors require the Basic pistol class before you can take the class.
This is a requirement only because of the variations in the quality of training provided in non NRA certified classes.
Talk to the instructor to see if they can recognize your CCW class as a prerequisite.
MO CCW Certification has links to additional Firearm classes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back