FNP 45 or HK 45

45man

I can't decide between a FNP 45 or a HK 45. The fire arm would be for home defense, I carry a Kimber Compact CDP (cmdr. size) for CCW. I like the fact that FNP 45 has 14 rounds, but HK has 10 rounds and a great reputation. Any comments or thoughts on either fire arm would be helpful, thank you.

I have an HK 45. It's a fantastic pistol in every way. It's the gun that sits on my nightstand and it's my favorite pistol to shoot.

I have an FNP 9 and love it I would recommend FNP based off of the feel of the grip but HK does have a good reputation

I'm also looking at the FNP 45 but the tactical one. I should hopefully be getting it within the next month. I carry an XD9 for CC. I will post pictures of it if and when I get it.

I don't know anything about the FNP, but i can tell you why i decided on the USP 40.

Their barrels are second to none. Read up on the test where they jammed a bullet half was down the barrel, chambered a round and fired.

Their guns are extremely safe. The USP was designed as a 40sw then sized down to a 9mm. Other guns are designed as a 9mm then upped to a 40 using the same dimensions. How is that safe. The 45, at least the USP, was designed as a 45, it's dimensions are larger than the 40.

HKs do go KaBoom, due to faulty ammo, bad handloads, etc... but again read up. Many are able to be returned to service with a new frame and minor repair. Others are more of a worry on how you will try to repair your hand.

They have passed rigorous tests with great success, after all it wasn't a "HK frisbee" failure right guys....:biggrin:

Anywhoo HK is a no brainer, people only gripe on the price.

In a world of compromise, some do on price.

I own the FNH FNP 45USG. I want another one, maybe two. I believe it is a nice weapon, and once it is broke in some, hard to jam up. It is also naturally a pointing weapon, and with low muzzle rise, easy to get back on point for follow up rounds. My father has the hnk, and it too is a nice weapon. I just smile because i was able to buy the FNP 40USG with the same money.

Go to the store and hold them both. Then find a range(if they have them both) and try each one out. They are both Great firearms. I like H&K for the reliability and their trigger pull. I also enjoyed the FNH. They have a larger grip and if you do not have large enough hands you may want to get the H&K. Just a suggestion before you make that final decision; take a look at the Springfield XDM. It is another fine piece.

I love my USP and would LOVE to get the HK 45 full size. However, for about $200 less I can get the Std FNP 45 with 3 Magazines (2 15 rounds and 1 16 round). To me what makes a gun feel good is the grip. I love how rough the grip is on an HK. It is even worse on the FNP. All the ridges and bumps just grind into your and and don't want to leave. If I had the money right now I would buy the FNP and wait on the HK for when I'm older and a little more well off.

I have a HK USP Compact .45acp great handgun but IMOH pricy and Mags are out of sight high in cost. Now a Walther P(( or the new PPQ are both German Mfg. and great quality handguns I have them both in 9mm. Mags are also costly but about $15 less then the HKs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back