**Flash Mob**

The opposite of courage in our society isn't cowardice. It is now conformity and compromise! (Borrowed from a friend.) Just sayin!

True dat! I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but that sums up the whole of America's existence since September 11, 2001.

Hi all,
My first post here so bear with me. Saw this happen in Ohio on the news as well. Do you remember the psunami that rocked Japan? Did you see any looters there? Me neither..its cause they know what respect is.

Flash mobs? The ACLU now says that they, the mobs, are only excersising their 1st ammendment rights. Sorry Cleveland, there is no hope for you. The ACLU has spoken. Well, just like in England, the entitlement society will have it's way.

Hi all,
My first post here so bear with me. Saw this happen in Ohio on the news as well. Do you remember the psunami that rocked Japan? Did you see any looters there? Me neither..its cause they know what respect is.

OR the media didn't show it.
There were looters after the tsunami in Japan.
Some broke open ATMs, some stole fuel out of cars, and some stole items out of homes.

Granted the looting was much much less in Japan then it is in other places, but to say it didn't happen is just untrue.

It looked to me like maybe some of them didn't take anything. My guess would be if you locked them in they'd set the place on fire. Another possibility would be the ones who didn't take anything would complain that they were illegally detained. Dye spray as they leave would be an option. IF THE COPS FINALLY SHOW UP and feel like looking for the thieves. The cops said they could not identify anyone from the tapes but if so, why have the security cam. The monkeys probably didn't go far to consume their goodies so if the cops were prompt, they could have found them not far away. Maybe followed a trail of ice cream bar drippings from the store to the hideout.

Flash mobs? The ACLU now says that they, the mobs, are only excersising their 1st ammendment rights. Sorry Cleveland, there is no hope for you. The ACLU has spoken. Well, just like in England, the entitlement society will have it's way.

Well, there it is. Should it happen to me, in my neck of the woods, the "entitlement society" will wind up short a few practicioners. Only exercising my 2nd Ammendment rights, don't ya know? (Ya GOTTA love the "Castle Doctrine", makes my life so much easier knowing that I can PROTECT it as necessary.)

GG

lock the door

Lock the door and call the cops. Pull out your AR-15 and wait. Oh wait that's not politically correct. ACLU can f o too. Those damn zombies need a lesson in manners.

Out of curiosity: I wonder what "tactics" will have to be employed to counter this latest social malady? It is obviously something that society cannot allow to continue unchallanged.

Maybe relax the "rules of enguagement" to include defence of property?

At the very least insurance companies are really going to press to "get something done" about the current "fad". (Either that or we ALL end up paying higher insurance rates!)

At the most, if nothing is done to contain this, it will only embolden others to mimic the behavior.... After all, there is security in numbers and the potential "down sides" are only pertinent if caught and convicted. (Further tying up an already overstrained court system.)

You tell me.

GG

That's what insurance is for not worth taking a life property can be replaced!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE

Yes property can be replaced by insurance companies. But what about the bigger picture here? The fact this behavior shouldn't be condoned, that we as a society have a moral obligation to not allow or let this happen. Just because we can get it "replaced" doesn't make it right.

What if the next time this flash mob enters your home, starts to take all your belongings? will you sit on the floor (because they took your couch) and call State Farm?

What would you have done if you were in the 7-11 and this occurred? Or your wife? Would you let them help themselves to her purse?

Out of curiosity: I wonder what "tactics" will have to be employed to counter this latest social malady? It is obviously something that society cannot allow to continue unchallanged.

Maybe relax the "rules of enguagement" to include defence of property?

At the very least insurance companies are really going to press to "get something done" about the current "fad". (Either that or we ALL end up paying higher insurance rates!)

At the most, if nothing is done to contain this, it will only embolden others to mimic the behavior.... After all, there is security in numbers and the potential "down sides" are only pertinent if caught and convicted. (Further tying up an already overstrained court system.)

You tell me.

GG
Tactics? Plenty of Fox Labs Pepperspray, used liberally.

That's what insurance is for not worth taking a life property can be replaced!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE

Yes property can be replaced by insurance companies. But what about the bigger picture here? The fact this behavior shouldn't be condoned, that we as a society have a moral obligation to not allow or let this happen. Just because we can get it "replaced" doesn't make it right.

What if the next time this flash mob enters your home, starts to take all your belongings? will you sit on the floor (because they took your couch) and call State Farm?

What would you have done if you were in the 7-11 and this occurred? Or your wife? Would you let them help themselves to her purse?

I would start pepperspraying big time. I just ordered some of the pepperspray with the green dye so perpetrators can be easily identified. I used to carry one can. Now I carry back up cans in my backpack.

You start pepper spraying in an enclosed area like that store and your costs will be much higher then the items that were stolen.
So it's really up to you, let them go or spend a few days with the store closed for clean up and lots of contaminated merchandise in the trash.

You start pepper spraying in an enclosed area like that store and your costs will be much higher then the items that were stolen.
So it's really up to you, let them go or spend a few days with the store closed for clean up and lots of contaminated merchandise in the trash.

Spoken like a true "compromiser". Just let them have their fun. Just let them go. "Boys being boys!"

If one is to have a relatively decent society, a society whose worst tendencies are contained by Law, if not by common decency and manners, this sort of thing must NOT be allowed to stand unchallanged. There is no "compromise" here. There is either a decent society or there is anarchy.

The really bad part? I suspect there will have to be a "Kent State" incident occur before the thugees "get the picture" that there really CAN be a down side to their counter civil behavior. Should such incident occur, bad for them (not that I would care much about them) and bad for the US.... as it would only bring us one step closer to a "Police State".

GG

Spoken like a true "compromiser". Just let them have their fun. Just let them go. "Boys being boys!"

If one is to have a relatively decent society, a society whose worst tendencies are contained by Law, if not by common decency and manners, this sort of thing must NOT be allowed to stand unchallanged. There is no "compromise" here. There is either a decent society or there is anarchy.

The really bad part? I suspect there will have to be a "Kent State" incident occur before the thugees "get the picture" that there really CAN be a down side to their counter civil behavior. Should such incident occur, bad for them (not that I would care much about them) and bad for the US.... as it would only bring us one step closer to a "Police State".

GG

At what point did I even suggest to "just let them go"? Maybe you shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Pepper spraying the whole place won't leave you with much. The vermin would run off (coughing and crying) and the police will still say that they can't tell who did what in the video. Then you would be left with nothing but clean up and damaged goods.
If you are going to do something it should be something that would leave a very negative message to the vermin.

At what point did I even suggest to "just let them go"? Maybe you shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Pepper spraying the whole place won't leave you with much. The vermin would run off (coughing and crying) and the police will still say that they can't tell who did what in the video. Then you would be left with nothing but clean up and damaged goods.
If you are going to do something it should be something that would leave a very negative message to the vermin.

Why not just spank them one by one as they peacefully walk out the door? How about getting their phone numbers so their parents can be contacted? Why not just give them the stuff so they don't have to take it...then it won't be stealing. Good grief son, think.

Why not just spank them one by one as they peacefully walk out the door? How about getting their phone numbers so their parents can be contacted? Why not just give them the stuff so they don't have to take it...then it won't be stealing. Good grief son, think.

Wow, do you really think that spanking them would leave a very negative message? Do you think contacting their parents, you know the ones that raised them to act this way, would do anything? I know I wouldn't just give them the stuff but if that's what you think you should do then go for it.
You should try thinking bigger I know I would. Good grief pops, think.

Put words in my mouth and I will do the same to you. The level of respect you show me is the same level I show you.

Pretty simple solution, at least by law in my state. Your allowed to use physical force to protect your property, if one fights back, dont be a chicken and whip em. If more than one tries to fight you, start shooting. By law THEY escalated it to the point of deadly force being allowed.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back