First XDs experience

BUmmedic

Picked up two Springfield XDs's this week... 45ACP and 9mm. Shot both today for the first time. Must say, didn't expect the recoil to be so mild... for both of them. Went through three mags each of Federal HST: 230gr (+P) for the 45ACP and 124gr (+P) for the 9mm. Smooth cycling, soft recoil, and more accurate than I am. Need more practice. Thrilled at the acquisition. Can't wait to shoot 'em some more.

On another note, did have a bad experience that I am attributing to ammo, but will post on that in another thread.

Yeah, they are fun to shoot, I have the XDs .45 and love it and the way I can conceal it, I'm also having one of my 7 rds mag cut down to 6 rds which will be perfect for carry one in the gun and have another 7 rds mag in my holster.

Yeah I bought my .45 XDs right after the whole Newtown incident and I absolutely love it. It goes with me everywhere I go because it is just so easy to carry. I really think Springfield did a super jobs on this one.

Any idea how the XDs would be to conceal for someone smaller? I'm pretty thin, but not a fan of tiny guns. I haven't had a chance to try shooting it yet... having a hard time finding people who have one available to rent!

Any idea how the XDs would be to conceal for someone smaller? I'm pretty thin, but not a fan of tiny guns. I haven't had a chance to try shooting it yet... having a hard time finding people who have one available to rent!

It's no smaller than an XD sub compact, (length and grip length) just thinner, which makes it amazingly easier to conceal, and lighter which helps with the comfort.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app

I carry a first generation .45 XD-S every day. One high primer strike with Failure to Fire (out of battery) as I nearly dropped the gun the previous shot, from fatigue of shooting hundreds of rounds same session. I've got over 1,500 rounds through, with the only incident my doing, above. I love it!

It has eaten every factory load I've fed it (I don't reload).

Rack it like a man, manhandle it when firing, and it will not disappoint.

Link Removed

I really like my XDS45. It is not too big, easy to carry concealed, and accurate. Now, I have got to save up enough money to get it in the 9mm.
With my neck and back problems, the XDS is a lot easier on me than my full size guns, and it is difficult to wear anything heavy this time of the year in Texas.

My girlfriend wants the 9mm bi-tone one. It's been almost impossible to find. The only ones I found were on auctions going for $100+ than MSRP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am looking at the XDs .45 as a new CC gun for me. I like the small size of the gun compared to my G23. I just wish I could find someone who has one so I could shoot it before I purchased the gun.

I went to my local gun store and looked at a few guns last night. After holding and looking at few, I really like the M&P Shield in 9mm. The grip on the M&P Shield felt better than the XDs to me. Thanks.

I went to my local gun store and looked at a few guns last night. After holding and looking at few, I really like the M&P Shield in 9mm. The grip on the M&P Shield felt better than the XDs to me. Thanks.
Buy what you like! It's also a nice gun!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back