First Time Open Carry

I found An MP3 file of a conversation with walmart headquarters in reference to carrying firearms into walmart,I believe everyone should find this very enteresting.Link Removed

Here is some more on this topic.Wal-Mart's Policy About Concealed Weapons on Their Premises

For those of you who have encountered "NO CONCEAL CARRY" signs on your local Wal-Mart front doors. The reason why the signs are up is because they are in the computer. When a store manager orders new signs, if that manager is anti-gun, he can order those signs and put them up. The Wal-Mart corporate policy goes against these managers. You can call up Wal-Mart and tell them that said manager is going against the corporate policy and the signs will be taken down. I know because this has happened a couple of times here in South Carolina and it has been pursued and the signs have been removed.

wal mart corp hq 800-925-6278 - legal dept 479-273-4505 legal department

Walmart stores
702 south wewt 8th St
Bentonville Arkansas
72716-0215

Below is the letter I received from corporate HQ to confirm what I am referring to:

DATE: Friday, April 16,1999 2:13 PM

Subject: RE: Firearms

Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellence, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns.

The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately.

We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

a few days ago I oc'd into Dicks to buy some ammo. I saw a friend of my wife in there and she saw my gun and asked, "What's THAT?" "It's my gun (idiot). "Why do you have that?" "Because I have a legal right to carry it and as we all know in this day and age, you never know when you're going to have to defend yourself." She said, "Why not just call the police?" I asked, "What's going to happen to you in the 5+ minutes it takes for the cops to get to you? The majority of the time the police arrive in time to clean up the mess." She just shrugged her shoulders.

Here is some more on this topic.Wal-Mart's Policy About Concealed Weapons on Their Premises

For those of you who have encountered "NO CONCEAL CARRY" signs on your local Wal-Mart front doors. The reason why the signs are up is because they are in the computer. When a store manager orders new signs, if that manager is anti-gun, he can order those signs and put them up. The Wal-Mart corporate policy goes against these managers. You can call up Wal-Mart and tell them that said manager is going against the corporate policy and the signs will be taken down. I know because this has happened a couple of times here in South Carolina and it has been pursued and the signs have been removed.

wal mart corp hq 800-925-6278 - legal dept 479-273-4505 legal department

Walmart stores
702 south wewt 8th St
Bentonville Arkansas
72716-0215

Below is the letter I received from corporate HQ to confirm what I am referring to:

DATE: Friday, April 16,1999 2:13 PM

Subject: RE: Firearms

Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellence, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns.

The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately.

We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

I find this interesting in that Walmart doesn't care if you open or conceal carry, just like the women in the audio recording stated. As long as you are within the law in your state, your good to go. I question the validity of the email in stating that only conceal carry is allowed, I would think that it's more of a personal view added on top of the corporate one.

I for one have OC in 5-6 Walmarts, multiple times each, and have had no issues.

Good show!

First time I open carried, I felt like I was walking on the moon. In a good way. It felt that good and strange. (Keep in mind I was coming from Los Angeles, where you can't even conceal carry unless you're a judge or a movie star).

Felt that way for a few months. Now I only open carry some of the time, and the thrill is gone, but I still like that I can do it.

MWD

... It did generate a discussion of 2A rights with some friends (all hunters who don't carry at all). Nothing wrong with a little discussion of your constitutional rights. .....

I have a neighbor down the block who is a gun nut, gun collector, avid hunter, etc., but doesn't like that I open carry. He's talked to me about it. He carries a handgun 100% of the time, concealed, but basically said I "should keep it hidden, where it won't frighten the women and children."

He said "I open carried once, by accident. I carry my .44 iin a holster when I'm out hunting with my rifle, and came back into town and went into a diner and forgot it was not concealed!"

He acted embarrassed, like "Oops! My rights were showing!"

He did tell me that of all the houses on our block, only three of them do not own guns. He said the gun saturation helps keep the neighborhood safe, and he says he's stuck a .45 in the face of a guy who was on his property looking in his car windows at night.

I have never lived anywhere with such a saturation of hunting culture. It's nice. I would venture that anyone breaking into a house here would be more likely to get shot with a .308 or a 12-gauge than a hand gun. But there a lot of handguns too, if the sales at the local gun shops is any indication. Whenever I go to buy ammo, there are usually a few people checking out and buying handguns. There are four stores in town that sell guns. I asked one place how many they sell a day and he said "between 50 and 90."

MWD

I have never lived anywhere with such a saturation of hunting culture. It's nice.

MWD

It is, isn't it? I emigrated to ND 23 years ago from Maryland and would never move back. In Maryland: guns?...get ready to go to jail...around here?...(yawn)...

I had an incident a few years back where the local PD held on to my carry piece for a few days. One LEO, knowing I had given up my piece temporarily, reached to his ankle as he asked me if I needed the loan of another weapon. Are you kidding me?? (I assured him I had plenty of other "options" available.)

One LEO, knowing I had given up my piece temporarily, reached to his ankle as he asked me if I needed the loan of another weapon. Are you kidding me?? (I assured him I had plenty of other "options" available.)

All I can say is WOW, I am truly impressed. You didn't know this LEO personally?

Anyone in Grand Rapids, Michigan up for a gathering at the Starbucks on Northland Dr. this Sat. March 27, 2010 at 9am, I just started to OC. I was so nervous the first time. this gathering is to let the public know that there is nothing to be afraid of law abiding gun owners.

I believe what scares the public is when you have an individual OC,ing a gun when there all scruffy looking,a good presentation goes a long way.

Try that here in MA Sheep... Oh yea... See how they run...
6Shooter.
Just over the boarder In N.H. If your not a felon or are deemed mentally incompetent by the courts, You do not a licence to open carry. N.h. Is a "Shall Issue" state. I thats enough to Get you out of there? Politics here are swinging bact to where they used to be. A one page state form. 14 days to process. $10.00 when complete. Licence issued on the spot. It will always be easy to remember what day I first Concealed carried. It is the day that we lost a little of our freedoms. The day Obamacare passed.:cray:

I believe what scares the public is when you have an individual OC,ing a gun when there all scruffy looking,a good presentation goes a long way.

Yes, being scared of a scruffy looking individual....a foul disease called social prejudice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back