First Step: Gun Confiscation Letters Go Out In Connecticut...

BluesStringer

Les Brers
From Guns Save Lives blog, 2/24/14:

Connecticut sends out the first confiscation letters

Link Removed

Gun confiscation is one step closer in Connecticut. The mainstream media spins it as “one more chance” for non-compliant gun owners who failed to register their scary guns before the January 1 deadline.

In reality, these letters - 106 to rifle owners, and 108 more to residents with standard capacity magazines – are the first step in the Connecticut State Police beginning to round up guns arbitrarily made illegal last year in that state. These guns include America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15 and magazines over 10 rounds, which include the standard capacity magazines made for that America’s favorite rifle.

Failure to register is now a felony now in Connecticut.

How long will it be before there is bloodshed over this law? We’re not sure, but we’re confident it is coming unless the law is rescinded or struck down by the courts.

Mike Vanderboegh of the edgy Sipsey Street Irregulars released an open letter a couple of weeks ago, warning of what’s coming to Connecticut. The Connecticut State Police aren’t listening. Yet.

We suspect attitudes may change after the first few rounds of bloodshed.

As it stands right now, the Link Removed in The Nutmeg State have been registered, leaving a hundred thousand or more newly classified potential felons looking over their shoulder.

Editor’s note: We’re not going to link to the article because they are hiding most of the content behind a paywall and we won’t drive thousands of readers to their website.

One more chance for gun owners

Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 3:35 pm | Updated: 3:36 pm, Mon Feb 24, 2014.

Manchester, CT (Journal Inquirer) – When state officials decided to accept some gun registrations and magazine declarations that arrived after a Jan. 4 deadline, they also had to deal with those applications that didn’t make the cut.

The state now holds signed and notarized letters saying those late applicants own rifles and magazines illegally.

But rather than turn that information over to prosecutors, state officials are giving the gun owners a chance to get rid of the weapons and magazines.

It's gettin' real up in heuh now, ain't it though? I don't recall seeing CT posters here, but surely there are some. Did y'all turn in your private property that made you an outlaw for simply owning it, or are you the recipient of one of those letters and are going to stand up to your would-be slave-masters? Would sure like to hear what y'all think is going to happen when the first SWAT raid to kill someone over an illegally owned magazine comes down the pike. This isn't the Boston bombing where a neighborhood is (illegally) told to go inside and submit to wholly illegal searches of homes, cars and their persons. This is gun confiscation, and that is the line that gun-owners for decades have been asserting is the Rubicon.

Only about 4% of the banned guns and magazines have been turned in. Surely some of that can be attributed to simply not knowing about the law, or missing the deadline on accident or whatever, but out of the 96% who are now full-on felons, it would seem at least some of them are ignoring the law on some grounds of principle or planning to defend their principles. If anyone wants to know if there's an appetite, any appetite at all, for armed resistance to tyranny, you should be watching CT very closely in coming days and weeks. A little over 200 letters so far constitutes the first shot over the bow of The USS Patriot. I hope she's rigged for engagement.

Blues

This could get real ugly (and possibly bloody) real fast. All because of a state that's illegally trying to force gun registration on legal gun owners. Connecticut is the one that will be wholly responsible for any negative results (blood shed) when this happens, and it will happen. I think (Know) people are tired of being pushed around by government and are at a point now were there going to start pushing back.

I just can`t help but think that this is going to get real bad real quick.

I offer my services and my arms to the people of CT who intend to stand firm in the face of tyranny!

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Sent from behind enemy lines.

This could get real ugly (and possibly bloody) real fast. All because of a state that's illegally trying to force gun registration on legal gun owners. Connecticut is the one that will be wholly responsible for any negative results (blood shed) when this happens, and it will happen. I think (Know) people are tired of being pushed around by government and are at a point now were there going to start pushing back.

I just can`t help but think that this is going to get real bad real quick.

I'm with you except for one thing. This is not registration, they (CT government) have moved on to confiscation of guns belonging to freshly-minted felons that the state arbitrarily created out of otherwise law-abiding citizens when they ordered unconstitutional registration. Since the deadline passed last month, anyone even trying to walk into a cop-shop to register a weapon could face felony charges for missing the deadline. The letters being sent out says loud and clear that the unwritten "amnesty" that they've been allowing to try to attract more sheep to register is now over. It wasn't working anyway, but no one's going to be stupid enough to try to register now if they know the hunt is on for scary looking rifles and their magazines. So they're into confiscation now, and rounding up gun owners who acquired their guns when it was legal to do so, so it's not just a 2A violation, but an ex-post facto violation to boot, but here they come nonetheless. Both the state and federal constitutions are dead in CT as of the first confiscation letter going out.

What is that creature in the photo. Must be an alien.

Yeah man, ain't the New Normal just grand?

Blues

So it starts.....Don't see a good ending for this, I saw this article yesterday and discussed it with some friends and all agree. So they can't even turn them in because they'll be arrested on the spot for felony possession of a illegal firearm. My bet is that by this time especially after seeing or hearing about the confiscation letters most if not all are gone, hidden, buried, whatever with the thought find them if you can. There is NO WAY IN H&!! the police will get even a small fraction. What do they do then? Go door to door of every house? Do they start arresting people, where are they going to put everyone? aren't the prisons overcrowded as it is. Wait that's right, they've got all those prison, oohps I mean FEMA camps they can house them in. Where does Conn. get the man power? the money? Are they taking officers off the street that are there to go after the real BG's to go after the new felons. NO this can't turn out good at all for Connecticut or any one else.

A very unsatisfactory series of events. I am not sanguine about the prospects for the citizens of Connecticut on this issue, at least in the near term. The 2nd Amendment has won several very important victories in the courts over the last several years, but the margins were less than paper thin. Thin enough, and circumscribed enough to allow statist Connecticut lawmakers to believe they have the “lawful” power to do what they are now doing, and get away with it. The only hope is that eventually an appropriate court will throw the law out as unconstitutional. I don’t believe for a moment that there will be political change sufficient to allow repeal in Connecticut.
For those who postulate there will be some large-scale resistance, I’m betting there won’t be, at least not meaningful or organized. I don’t believe the citizenry at large in Connecticut has it in them. It is unlikely that there will be much if any bloodshed over this issue, in spite of some blustery talk. When the state sends its police, in full SWAT regalia, to any number of individual homes, those citizens will capitulate. Those who resist will be arrested and incarcerated. Those who would provide armed resistance will almost certainly be killed, with few if any casualties to the police. I don’t think however, that the police will start some enormous dragnet. They don’t have to. All they have to do is make a few arrests and confiscations several times a year, make sure they get publicity, and the rest of the citizenry will be cowed. Those who “resist” by hiding/burying their arms have effectively complied with the law anyway. A firearm that cannot be immediately brought to bear in an emergency is worthless.
This has all been done, very effectively, before.

How do they know who to send letters to? My understanding is that a lot of people have AR's and there's no record of the purchase.

I believe the CSP had the toughest looking, dried-out female warrior (she/he is female, right?) show what they are looking for, for shock value.

Man, I'd turn-in my kid's Furbie I bought him years ago, if she was holding one of those!

Seriously, if the CSP partners with the DHS and any number of alphabet soup agencies, they are screwed.

Perhaps those newly minted "martial law in effect" signs I read about will see their first deployment?

If people in that state may be made felons overnight, this may happen anywhere.

I wish the patriots of civil disobedience the best, and don't want to see bloodshed over this. It may be the catalyst for Americans walking down a road we don't want to take, but may have to.

A very unsatisfactory series of events. I am not sanguine about the prospects for the citizens of Connecticut on this issue, at least in the near term. The 2nd Amendment has won several very important victories in the courts over the last several years, but the margins were less than paper thin. Thin enough, and circumscribed enough to allow statist Connecticut lawmakers to believe they have the “lawful” power to do what they are now doing, and get away with it. The only hope is that eventually an appropriate court will throw the law out as unconstitutional. I don’t believe for a moment that there will be political change sufficient to allow repeal in Connecticut.
For those who postulate there will be some large-scale resistance, I’m betting there won’t be, at least not meaningful or organized. I don’t believe the citizenry at large in Connecticut has it in them. It is unlikely that there will be much if any bloodshed over this issue, in spite of some blustery talk. When the state sends its police, in full SWAT regalia, to any number of individual homes, those citizens will capitulate. Those who resist will be arrested and incarcerated. Those who would provide armed resistance will almost certainly be killed, with few if any casualties to the police. I don’t think however, that the police will start some enormous dragnet. They don’t have to. All they have to do is make a few arrests and confiscations several times a year, make sure they get publicity, and the rest of the citizenry will be cowed. Those who “resist” by hiding/burying their arms have effectively complied with the law anyway. A firearm that cannot be immediately brought to bear in an emergency is worthless.

Much of southern and eastern CT is now populated by NYC transplants. And they bring that liberal mindset. These are generally anti-gun mentalities. In NYC gun=crime. They've begun to actually affect the outcome of the state elections.

For those who postulate there will be some large-scale resistance, I’m betting there won’t be, at least not meaningful or organized. I don’t believe the citizenry at large in Connecticut has it in them.

The numbers speak otherwise. It was Mike Lawlor's office (Malloy's head-henchman in charge of implementing the new law) who postulated that only 4% of required guns and magazines had been registered by the original deadline, and the Hartford Currant concurred. The 96% remainder are certainly not comprised completely of freedom fighters, but I think it would be just as inaccurate to suggest that they're *all* devoid of the mettle to resist too.

It is unlikely that there will be much if any bloodshed over this issue, in spite of some blustery talk.

The bluster is only coming from the formerly law-abiding, freshly-minted felon gun-owners, right? Well....

When the state sends its police, in full SWAT regalia, to any number of individual homes, [to cross a line that has never been crossed in this country before - confiscation -] those citizens will capitulate.

It seems to me that the state is full of a bit more than just bluster, and is exactly what has the potential to spark more than just bluster coming from the citizens. Remember what Yamamoto said about sleeping giants and that good stuff. There is a line somewhere, and for decades it has been asserted by gun-owners that confiscation was it.

Those who resist will be arrested and incarcerated.

Hardly likely. They will Dorner'ed. They are now on the state's kill list, and even if there is no such document, Malloy and Lawlor know better than anybody that sending their own personal militarized SWAT teams to confront known armed felons means exactly the same thing as would written orders to kill 'em for all intents and purposes.

Those who would provide armed resistance will almost certainly be killed....

Assassinated along with their more passive brethren-resistors, yes, go on....

....with few if any casualties to the police.

This is the unknown. "Link Removed 375,000-400,000 firearms deemed “assault weapons” by the state, more than 325,000 remain undocumented. Only about 50,000 were registered for future confiscation." More from that link:

The requirement to register standard capacity magazines was laughed at even louder by the citizenry; just 38,000 (less than 2 percent) of an estimated 2 million standard capacity magazines holding greater than ten rounds of ammunition were registered with the state.

Right before the December 31 deadline, a handful of souls attempted to register their firearms and magazines at the last minute. They now find themselves in limbo, documented but not legal, and the state is now demanding their firearms:

When state officials decided to accept some gun registrations and magazine declarations that arrived after a Jan. 4 deadline, they also had to deal with those applications that didn’t make the cut.

The state now holds signed and notarized letters saying those late applicants own rifles and magazines illegally.

But rather than turn that information over to prosecutors, state officials are giving the gun owners a chance to get rid of the weapons and magazines.

The state is sending letters to 106 rifle owners and 108 residents with high-capacity magazines saying they can destroy the guns and ammunition, sell them to a federally licensed gun dealer, move the items out of state or sell them to somebody out of state, or make arrangements to turn them over to local or state police.

Those who fail to do so could face serious criminal penalties.

Once people realize they can’t keep the guns and magazines, “they’re going to get rid of them,” Michael P. Lawlor, the undersecretary for criminal justice policy and planning to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, says.

So what Lawlor is saying there is that somewhere in the neighborhood of 325K to 375K weapons are going to disappear from CT's borders on the basis of the state going after only 106 of them that got a little squishy about flouting the law before their unwritten "amnesty" ended a couple of days ago.

To think that none of the owners of those ~350K "assault weapons" are willing to force the state to pry them from their cold, dead hands seems rather optimistic from the state's perspective, or pessimistic from the Patriot's perspective. somewhere in between lies the reality of the matter. I mean, even one half of one percent of those ~350K guns firmly shouldered with a committed Patriot behind the sights is 1,750 weapons trained on those militarized SWAT teams. Even if only one tenth of one percent decides to die standing rather than live on their knees, that's still 350 rifles trained on them.

When the state starts killing people for doing nothing more than what both the federal and state constitutions say shall not be infringed, even the low participation rate of 0.001% in resistance is going to start a growth pattern, and Patriot, cop, tyrant and their families will die in the process. Such is the law of unintended consequences, regardless of which party (or parties) deserve the blame for kicking it off. Cops will definitely not be immune from those consequences though. No way.

I don’t think however, that the police will start some enormous dragnet. They don’t have to. All they have to do is make a few arrests and confiscations several times a year, make sure they get publicity, and the rest of the citizenry will be cowed.

Publicity in this case will embolden Patriots, not cow them. One or two assaults like the one that killed Jose Guerena splashed across the state, only this time in news-channel hi-def from multiple camera angles on the ground, plus chopper viewpoints showing the muzzle-flashes of 20 or 30 paid assassins turned loose on the streets by the criminals running the state in tyrannical, Gestapo-like fashion, ain't gonna scare anybody - it's gonna righteously piss them off.

That said, I hope you're right though. I hope they do publicize their tyrannical thuggery. It will wake up Patriots across the country a whole lot faster than the bluster you correctly identified above.

Those who “resist” by hiding/burying their arms have effectively complied with the law anyway. A firearm that cannot be immediately brought to bear in an emergency is worthless.

This I agree with 100%, and I have been replying to those suggesting that everywhere I see it, imploring them to rethink that strategy. To be fair though, it's a very small percentage of people inside CT who are suggesting that as anything other than a contingency plan for if/when they lose their primary weapons.

Not in the US it hasn't. Confiscation has always been the line that both sides toed. The hunt for weapons that the state has given itself the imprimatur of legitimacy to start confiscating has begun. This is the undiscovered territory that previous gun-grabber wannabes have been unwilling or prevented by cooler heads from advancing on. The first person severely hurt or killed by cops now that open season on formerly law-abiding citizens has been publicly announced, will throw a wrench in the cogs that have been employed "very effectively before." Welcome to the New World Order. It's about to go live.

Blues

I totally agree with what was said above. No matter how you look at it, Connecticut has written a check its ass can`t cash, and there will potentially be a lot of collateral damage because of it. There is in my opinion a line that no government should ever cross, and Connecticut has definitely crossed that line in a major way. I hope all the gun owners there have the balls to stand up for there constitutional rights and fight for there rights.

Blues,

I’m usually an optimist, constantly looking for what good is out there, but... Let me start by saying that I fervently hope, if no relief is provided by the courts and things were to go that far, that events play out closer to your description than to mine (i.e., you are right and I am wrong). The current political structure in Connecticut makes that hope, for me, quite small. All of the levers of state power (and connections to federal power) are overwhelmingly controlled by one political party in that small state, and the people of that state have put that party firmly in control and kept it there. The agenda of that party in that state is unabashedly statist.
Originally Posted by JCliff
For those who postulate there will be some large-scale resistance, I’m betting there won’t be, at least not meaningful or organized. I don’t believe the citizenry at large in Connecticut has it in them.
The numbers speak otherwise. It was Mike Lawlor's office (Malloy's head-henchman in charge of implementing the new law) who postulated that only 4% of required guns and magazines had been registered by the original deadline, and the Hartford Currant concurred. The 96% remainder are certainly not comprised completely of freedom fighters, but I think it would be just as inaccurate to suggest that they're *all* devoid of the mettle to resist too.

[That 96% refers to numbers of firearms, not numbers of people, an important distinction. I did not suggest that “all” in Connecticut are devoid of the mettle to resist. I am suggesting they’re in a really tough minority position amongst a population with little respect for (and no real objections to statist over-ride of) inconvenient “rights” that don’t fit the statist agenda. I am also suggesting that a significant percentage of the population there, possibly even a clear majority, are perfectly happy with the idea of confiscating certain firearms (especially those evil “assault weapons”), in fact are cheering for it. I am suggesting that in Connecticut significant resistance to the current government’s position on firearms would NOT receive popular local support, which is critical.]

I don’t think however, that the police will start some enormous dragnet. They don’t have to. All they have to do is make a few arrests and confiscations several times a year, make sure they get publicity, and the rest of the citizenry will be cowed.
Publicity in this case will embolden Patriots, not cow them. One or two assaults like the one that killed Jose Guerena splashed across the state, only this time in news-channel hi-def from multiple camera angles on the ground, plus chopper viewpoints showing the muzzle-flashes of 20 or 30 paid assassins turned loose on the streets by the criminals running the state in tyrannical, Gestapo-like fashion, ain't gonna scare anybody - it's gonna righteously piss them off.
[Being righteously pissed off, without effective organization and unified collective action, is meaningless.]

That said, I hope you're right though. I hope they do publicize their tyrannical thuggery. It will wake up Patriots across the country a whole lot faster than the bluster you correctly identified above.
[I believe the publicity you envision is unlikely to be the publicity that will actually occur. That would not fit the MSM narrative (particularly along the northeast coast), which is firmly behind the statist agenda. Connecticut is definitely not Arizona. The headlines will not read “brave patriot dies defending his home and rights from tyrannical government thugs.” It will be portrayed much more along the lines of “man wanted for multiple felony violations of gun laws dies in shootout with police. Multiple assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and xxxx rounds of ammunition recovered from home.” I think it will scare Connecticut gun owners. In Connecticut, I don’t think there will be big protests, I think gun owners will be cowed, they will comply (or hide), and those who don’t will be removed from society, to the cheers of their statist rulers and neighbors. Obviously, this situation does not obtain everywhere in the U.S. (PTL!). But if there is no civil relief from the courts (and as we both know our victories there have been wafer-thin) it looks bad for 2nd (and likely 4th) Amendment rights in Connecticut. Additionally, the current federal administration would be more than happy to lend whatever level of assistance and force was required to the state of Connecticut to “handle” any “criminal elements” threatening the “peace and safety” of the state of Connecticut.]
Not in the US it hasn't... Welcome to the New World Order. It's about to go live.

[Correct.]
I also haven't figured out how to nicely split up replies and quotes like Blues does. My apologies for any confusion this causes. My replies to quotes are enclosed in brackets.

Last edited:
This is only a test run. If it goes well for the state and the folks give in more shall follow, if it does not then Obama and his lap dog Eric the Holder will come up with a reason to really dig in. I do not know of any state or county LEOs that would do this type of busting down the door of a home in my state, but the feds are an entirely animal. The new mag of the American Rifleman had the story of the coal miners in the 1920's that took up arms. I do not have it right handy but it is a good read. I fear for the first time in my fat old adult life for my country. This shall not go well for any one on either side.

Those who resist will be arrested and incarcerated. Those who would provide armed resistance will almost certainly be killed, with few if any casualties to the police.

I have posted this before but I fear it needs repeating...

If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

This man has put down on paper what many people are thinking, but are too cautious to express openly. I hope it never comes to what he is advocating, but I can certainly see where the possibility exists. God help us all if it ever does happen.
PS Here is what Wikipedia has to say about the author:

Dean Garrison (born 1955) is a contemporary American author and crime fiction novelist. He was born in Michigan , grew up in the Indiana , Illinois , and Texas , and received his B.A. degree from Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan . Garrison is a Crime Scene Technician in West Michigan . His research in the fields of crime scene investigation and Shooting Reconstruction are widely published in forensic journals under the name of

D.H. Garrison, Jr.

Subject: If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

Posted on January 3, 2013 by Dean Garrison

I feel a tremendous responsibility to write this article though I am a little apprehensive. Thinking about the possibility of rising up against our own government is a frightening thing for many of us. I am not Johnny Rambo and I will be the first to admit that I do not want to die. The reason I feel compelled to write this, however, is simply because I don’t think the average American is equipped with the facts. I feel that a lot of American citizens feel like they have no choice but to surrender their guns if the government comes for them. I blame traditional media sources for this mass brainwash and I carry the responsibility of all small independent bloggers to tell the truth. So my focus today is to lay out your constitutional rights as an American, and let you decide what to do with those rights.

About a month ago I let the “democracy” word slip in a discussion with a fellow blogger. I know better. Americans have been conditioned to use this term. It’s not an accurate term and it never has been a correct term to describe our form of government. The truth is that the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.

If you are religious you might choose to think of it this way… Say that members of your congregation decide that mass fornication is a good thing. Do they have the right to change the teachings of your God? The truth is the truth. It doesn’t matter how many people try to stray from it. Did I just compare our founders to God? In a way I did, but please note that I am not trying to insult anyone. For the purpose of the American Government our constitution and founders who wrote it are much like God is to believers. It is the law. It is indisputable.

Our founders did not want a “democracy” for they feared a true democracy was just as dangerous as a monarchy. The founders were highly educated people who were experienced in defending themselves against tyranny. They understood that the constitution could protect the people by limiting the power of anyone to work outside of it much better than a pure system of popularity. A system of checks and balances was set up to help limit corruption of government and also the potential for an “immoral majority” developing within the American People. We have forgotten in this country that we are ultimately ruled by a constitution.

Why is a democracy potentially just as dangerous as a monarchy? Let’s look at something that Benjamin Franklin said because it answers that question more fully and succinctly than I can.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

Even 230+ years ago our founders were perceptive enough to realize that democracy was a dangerous form of government. How so? Because the citizens of a country can become just as corrupt as any government. We have seen evidence of this throughout history. Ask Native Americans and African-Americans if this population can become corrupt.

I think in 2012 we are seeing evidence of what Franklin was trying to tell us. Just because a majority of people may support certain ideas it does not mean that those ideas are just. In simple terms, just because most Americans love our president and voted for him, it does not mean that he has the power to go against our constitutional rights.

Next I’d like to review the text of the second amendment. It is very clear. This is the law of this land. So when Senator Feinstein or President Obama talk about taking your guns, you need to think about something. Are they honoring their sworn oath to uphold the constitution?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State , the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This is a pretty clear statement. The fact is that it took 232 years for the Supreme Court to even rule on this amendment because it has never been successfully challenged. In 2008 a case of Columbia v. Heller the Supreme Court ruled that a handgun ban in Washington D.C. was unconstitutional. One also has to take this into consideration. The Supreme Court supports your right to own guns. If you want to research this decision further you can start here.

For those who try to debate the spirit of the 2nd amendment, they are truly no different from people who will try to take Biblical quotes out of context to try to support their immoral decisions. The founders were very clear on the intent of the 2nd amendment. Let me share a few quick quotes here:

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -Thomas Jefferson

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good. -George Washington

The Constitution shall never be construed….to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. -Samuel Adams

I could find hundreds of quotes like these. This country was built on the right to bear arms. It was built on the rights of an individual to bear arms, regardless of what his government or neighbor happened to think. This is crystal clear. Ironically the people who voice their opinions against this right have their free speech protected by your guns. Without guns in this country, all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcement.

We need to keep this in mind as our “representatives” try to push gun bans. I don’t care if 99% of people are in support of gun bans (which is far from the case), it is a violation of our constitutional rights, plain and simple.

A constitutional republic protects the rights of the individual even when their ideas are very much in the minority. If I were the only person in America who believed in the 2nd amendment, I would still be within my rights to call upon it. You would all think I was insane and possibly celebrate if I was gunned down, but in the end I would be the only true American among us.

Our framers were very clear on this. If my government comes to take my guns, they are violating one of my constitutional rights that is covered by the 2nd amendment.

It is not my right, at that point, but my responsibility to respond in the name of liberty. What I am telling you is something that many are trying to soft sell, and many others have tried to avoid putting into print, but I am going to say it. The time for speaking in code is over.

If they come for our guns then it is our constitutional right to put them six feet under. You have the right to kill any representative of this government who tries to tread on your liberty. I am thinking about self-defense and not talking about inciting a revolution. Re-read Jefferson ’s quote. He talks about a “last resort.” I am not trying to start a Revolt, I am talking about self-defense. If the day for Revolution comes, when no peaceful options exist, we may have to talk about that as well. None of us wants to think about that, but please understand that a majority can not take away your rights as an American citizen. Only you can choose to give up your rights.

Congress could pass gun ban legislation by a 90%+ margin and it just would not matter. I think some people are very unclear on this. This is the reason we have a Supreme Court, and though I do not doubt that the Supreme Court can also become corrupt, in 2008 they got it right. They supported the constitution. It does not matter what the majority supports because America is not a democracy. A constitutional republic protects the rights of every single citizen, no matter what their “elected servants” say. A majority in America only matters when the constitution is not in play.

I just wrote what every believer in the constitution wants to say, and what every constitutional blogger needs to write. The truth of the matter is that this type of speech is viewed as dangerous and radical or subversive, and it could gain me a world of trouble that I do not want. It is also the truth. To make myself clear I will tell you again. If they come for your guns it is your right to use those guns against them and to kill them. You are protected by our constitution.

Most of the articles I am reading on the subject are trying to give you clues without just coming out and saying it. I understand that because certain things in this country will get you on a list that you don’t want to be on. I may well be on that list. This blog is small and growing so I may not be there yet, but I have dreams. I also have my own list of subversives and anyone who attempts to deny my constitutional rights is on that list.

I am not the “subversive” here, it is the political representatives who are threatening to take away my inalienable rights. If they come to take my guns and I leave a few of them wounded or dead, and I somehow survive, I have zero doubt that I will spend a long time in prison and may face an execution. But I would much rather be a political prisoner than a slave.

If I go down fighting then I was not fighting to harm these human beings. I was simply defending my liberty and yours. It is self-defense and it is what our country was built on. We won our freedom in self-defense. We would not be ruled by a tyrannical government in the 1770′s and we will not be ruled in 2012 by a tyrannical government. There is no difference.

This is a case of right and wrong. As of now the 2nd amendment stands. It has never been repealed. If Feinstein or Barack have a problem with the constitution then they should be removed from office. They are not defending the constitution which they have sworn an oath to protect. It is treasonous to say the least. They would likely say the same about me, but I have the constitution, the founders, and the supreme court on my side. They only have their inflated egos.

I am not writing this to incite people. I am writing this in hopes that somehow I can make a tiny difference. I have no idea how many of my neighbors have the will to defend their constitutional rights. 2%? 20%? I am afraid that 20% is a high number, unfortunately. When push comes to shove many people may give up and submit to being ruled. I believe that our government is banking on this.

I would hope that our officials come to realize that, regardless of our numbers, we still exist because they are calling Patriotic Americans to action. They are making us decide if we want to die free or submit to their rule. I can not tell you where you should stand on that. I do know that it may make the difference between living a life of freedom or slavery.

You must start thinking about this because I believe that the day is coming soon and I personally believe it has already been planned. Not all conspiracy theories are hogwash. They may throw down the gauntlet soon and my suggestion is that you prepare yourself to react.

I mean no disrespect to our elected officials but they need to understand that “We the People” will not be disarmed. If they proceed then it is they that are provoking us and we will act accordingly. We are within our rights to do so.

For those who are in support of taking the guns, you need to ask yourself a very important question, and I am not just talking about the politicians, because if you support them, you have chosen your side.

Are you willing to die to take my guns?

---------------------------------

Through regulations, taxation, inflation of the money supply, trade restrictions, and tethers on private associations, government itself is nothing but a massive drain on prosperity. The situation has become deeply dangerous for the future of freedom in America, with young people unable to find jobs, opportunities being destroyed in sector after sector, banks and corporations living on the dole, and so many regulations that we are living under something nearly as egregious as Soviet-style central planning.

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him --- better take a closer look at the American Indian.

Henry Ford

One more for those in the cheap seats!
I apologize for the length...

Unconstitutional Official Acts

16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256:

The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must be In agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it.....

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the lend, it is superseded thereby.

No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.

Jon Roland:

Strictly speaking, an unconstitutional statute is not a "law", and should not be called a "law", even if it is sustained by a court, for a finding that a statute or other official act is constitutional does not make it so, or confer any authority to anyone to enforce it.

All citizens and legal residents of the United States, by their presence on the territory of the United States, are subject to the militia duty, the duty of the social compact that creates the society, which requires that each, alone and in concert with others, not only obey the Constitution and constitutional official acts, but help enforce them, if necessary, at the risk of one's life.

Any unconstitutional act of an official will at least be a violation of the oath of that official to execute the duties of his office, and therefore grounds for his removal from office. No official immunity or privileges of rank or position survive the commission of unlawful acts. If it violates the rights of individuals, it is also likely to be a crime, and the militia duty obligates anyone aware of such a violation to investigate it, gather evidence for a prosecution, make an arrest, and if necessary, seek an indictment from a grand jury, and if one is obtained, prosecute the offender in a court of law.

Welcome to the New World Order. It's about to go live.
Blues
Looks like it may be testing time for gun owners & so called patriots to finally put up or shut up. Do they have the guts to stand up and fight or are they cowards? Seriously, this will be interesting.

I and MANY of my friends will KILL ANYONE who attempts to disarm us. That is in no way a threat.... it is simply a statement of fact... Dont want to die? then DO NOT TRY TO INFRINGE ON OUR RIGHTS....

Stating the willingness to defend yourself when attacked is the same as an animal showing their claws or teeth when confronted.... Dont want bit, scratched or killed? then stop your attack.......

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back