First Aid Kit

BlackSwampLeather

How many of you carry an ankle kit or some other form of first aid kit? I have been considering this but I am not trained in first aid yet either so Im not for sure where to start. SO how much did you pay for the kit you carry and what is it?

I keep one in my truck. I’ve been trying to come up with a way of carrying one on me. But I know it has to be set up and practical so I know I would always have it on me.
The kit I have in my truck has a CAT tourniquet, sharpie marker, battle dressing,Israeli bandage, quick clot powder and a CPR barrier.
I got everything on eBay and have about $40 in it, including the army issue IFAK pouch I have it in.

Last edited:
I have several of the Voodoo Tactical BDU wallet’s. I’m thinking of using one for a IFAK. I’m just trying to figure out how I would carry it.
I believe if I made a ankle rig for it, that it would be just too bulky.

Last edited:
I usually have something on me, in my backpack and/or in my vehicle.

For my ankle kit, I carry an AFAK from Ryker Nylon Gear. I've tried a few and this one was the most comfortable and had the lowest profile. It is loaded up with a tourniquet, hemostatic gauze, chest seal, gloves, and flat gauze.

I also have a Vertx Walker Small Medical Pouch loaded with the same contents but also has a nasopharyngeal airway. This gets tossed into whatever bag I'm using. BTW, use coupon code USACARRY and get 15% off of everything at Vertx.com.

In my truck, I have a trauma kit in an older version of the Fieldcraft Survival Modular Visor Panel but it is stuck to my sunroof using velcro. I also have a larger first aid/medical bag loaded with a lot more in the truck.

I'd suggest taking, at the minimum, a Stop the Bleed course. But what I always recommend to anyone carrying concealed is to get TCCC certified.

I y'all are interested, I could do a video/article that shows all of this in more detail and exactly what I carry.

My first aid kit always has a strong painkiller for toothache. Also, there's always a 30ml medical alcohol to disinfect a wound. Also, I have a new bandage and a roll of tourniquet tied with an elastic band. Of course, I don't want to be in a shootout, but it's better to have these things with you, right? And I never forget to put a box with gastrointestinal from https://www.pillpal.to/gastrointestinal-1804. I have pancreatitis, so my pancreas can react to spicy food with sharp and severe pain. I'm afraid to experience a painful shock on the road, so I prefer to insure myself with pancreatin or other pills in case of an attack.
Did you find a good washer? Where have you been?

We carry essentials in all of our vehicles. Now, for out of area we have a very good backpack/med kit that is homemade. We refresh our isotonic wash, homemade, regularly, again for out of area trips.

How many of you carry an ankle kit or some other form of first aid kit? I have been considering this but I am not trained in first aid yet either so Im not for sure where to start. SO how much did you pay for the kit you carry and what is it?
I carry a MediKit on me at all times. I’ve used it a lot just even for Minor first aid for our family or friends who get bumps and bruises when we travel.

I carry a MediKit on me at all times. I’ve used it a lot just even for Minor first aid for our family or friends who get bumps and bruises when we travel.
As an avid shooter and Instructor I’ve taken several Intermediate Trauma First Aid (Stop the Bleed and Quick Clot) and CPR/AED Classes.
I believe it’s critical to stay atop these skills when teaching firearms or at the range.
I have a quick access Med Bag with tourniquet, Quick Clot, pressure bandage, gauze pads, tape, and some boo-boo items.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back