Fingers and Triggers

towboater

I also snoop around on other firearm forums, this one due to the dedicated 1911 forum. I see lots of pictures of people holding their firearms, WITH FINGERS ON TRIGGERS!!!! It drives me insane. That is all thank you for reading.....

I see the same thing, very bad examples. That might explain why we hear stories of police officers gun discharges in classroom, or gun discharges in church closet and kills a innocent woman. I have read posts that informed me some guns can discharge without the trigger being pulled. All my rugers will only fire if I pull the trigger (and a round is in the chamber). We have to keep pointing this out to some, Keep your darn fingers off the trigger, until you intend to shoot (and when pulling the trigger be aware of where it is pointed, dah!). Common sense is a very difficult thing to teach. Back in the day, if you did not learn common sense, you would die.

When I took the NRA Basic Pistol course they HAMMERED this rule into us. If they saw our finger anywhere near the trigger they said something.

you guys don't remember when the ready was "finger on the trigger" mostly during the revolver years. i don't remember exactly when finger off the trigger started, i guess when Glocks and Autos came about, i would think anyone trained in the last 20 years should use finger outside/off the trigger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back