Favorite range bag

PackingPastor

Anyone feel strongly about theirs?

Check out the ones offered by Midway USA. I bought one of theirs on sale and it has everything. Amazing bag at an amazing price with a choice of colors.

I second the suggestion to check out the bags at Midway. I have two different sizes with their branding which are identical to 511 bags stitch for stitch and at a fraction of the price of 511. These are great for taking multiple guns/calibers, but when I only take one firearm I use a bag which is smaller yet similar in design made by Bulldog. This one is also available at Midway and other vendors. I found mine for $30 and picked up three. I keep each one stocked with a different caliber and so when I decide to go to the range I just pick up the right caliber and i'm on my way.

And third round of support for the Midway USA bag - just a great bag, plenty of room, compartments, storage, etc and inexpensive

A fourth for the Midway bag! I got mine on sale, but will be buying one soon for my son's birthday even if it isn't on sale.

Link Removed

I had gotten my Bulldog bags at gunsandgearstore.com but I just did a google search on Bulldog range bag and optics planet has it for 28.99. I always compare shipping costs between vendors first. Sometimes it better to pay a dollar or two more for the item if the shipping is cheaper or free.

Keep it on the down-low

Anyone feel strongly about theirs?

I see all these fancy range bags and they look cool but all I see is an advertisement saying "Gun Inside! Take me!". So just like carrying my weapon concealed, I opt for a concealed gun bag. I have two "tool" bags picked up from harbor freight. Nondescript, no big brand names, nothing to draw attention to itself. Maybe they don't carry the kitchen sink but they get the job done. I have a small one for when I take the pistol to the range. Then a larger one if I am taking my kids with all they extra ammo and ears/eyes.

I'm waiting for midway to run them on sale again and then I'm buying one of theirs. I've got a few other items I could always toss in the order to help spread out the shipping costs.

i'm using a fanny pack as my range bag as i only have one gun and two magizines for it and it holds that and two boxes of ammo which works for me for now

I picked up a Midway competition range bag a while back when I needed some other things, nice bag, but their shipping is really a killer. More recently, I picked up an OpticsPlanet OPMOD range bag which I thought would be identical...it's similar, but definitely a different manufacturer. I ended up getting it on a huge sale they were offering, so I couldn't resist giving it a try. Watching their site for sales or keeping an eye on their other sale site (which requires registration, but occasionally has some decent deals), Dvor.com (fair warning, this is the affiliate link they give out...if you sign up and buy something, I get a small kickback...if you don't want to mess with that, just type in dvor.com to get there).

The OPMOD bag quality is on par with the Midway, with some minor differences in design (I like the addition of a loop for holding hearing protection). Not sure how I'll like some of the pull-out features compared to the Midway, but I'll move over to it for this month's range sessions to see how it works out.

I liked this one so much that I decided to get a second one. Now my wife is starting to use one, I might have to get a third. These are great bags and I have also used them as over-night bags as well.

Link Removed

I bought one of these for myself. The wife liked it so much, we bought one for her:

Link Removed

Perfect for one or two handguns, a few boxes of ammo, eyes, ears, staple gun, etc. We've had ours for six months now. They don't see that much use (unfortunately), but they seem to be well-constructed. Seller is a nice guy, too.

Only complaint: They smell when new. A Bounce sheet and a few days to air out and the smell goes away.

I don't own a 'range bag'. Never saw the need for one. for what they want for one big enough to suit my needs, I could get a non specifically designed dufflebag or back pack and have cash to spare to spend on something useful like powder, primers and shot or simply get some store bought ammo. All I need is a way to carry my gear from the house to the truck, from the truck to the bench or range table and back. I've got 2 different bags I use for shooting. I use a big dufflebag that I picked up from either CTD or one of the other discount outdoor/gun accessory places really cheap a long time ago. It's big enough that if I fill it completely up, I can't pick it up, so it's big enough to carry a few hundred rounds of ammo, hearing protection, targets, several pistols in rugs or hard cases, .... with room to spare.

For cap and ball shooting, I have an old cheapo backpack that I use. The large center compartment is big enough to carry even my 1st Model Dragoon in a hard case and the outer zippered pockets are great for keeping powder, ball, caps and cleaning equipment handy but separated. (I'm sorta picky about keeping caps and powder together).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back