End of Days in 2012?

Itstjs

I was watching Tv, of course it was for end of days December 2012, it got me to thinking, "what do I have to be prepared, just in case?" I got a quick ammo check, and sadly realize, the only ammunition I have any abundance of is .22 ammo. My 40 cal is dangerously low, my 9mm is even lower and my .380 not even worth mentioning.
Thankfully my years in the army have me prepared with gear such as ruck sacks, cold weather gear, containers to hold water and keep it on myself and my wife. My year and a half or so as an LEO (of sorts) has me prepared to keep weapons and ammo on my duty belt.
However, food supplies are that of an unconcerned person, nothing is stock piled, then again I wouldn't dream of holding up inside my home, or Flint City for that matter.
So my question is, are you prepared? If so, in what ways? What do you have incase ***** happens?

Who's "end of days" is supposed to happen in December?? There are so many that I get confused.

Good Info. Site without all the B.S.

SurvivalBlog.com
Look at the left side for Links.
List of Lists (Spreadsheet)
Getting Started

Site usually refreshes late evening with
the next days name and date at top.

Well if the world truly ends and all people are wiped out, you don't need to prep, you'll be dead like everyone else lol....That would be the definition of the "end of days"....but if you are talking about civil collapse and having to rough it for a while, well then I'd say have at least 500 rounds of various ammo, food for a few months, and some basic supplies around the house. I know I can't bug out with three young children, I would relocate via car, but no chance of walking anywhere with three little ones. In fact, bugging out would be HARD if I were solo.

You read a lot of recommendations on having 1k worth of rounds for every gun. You can't possibly carry that much ammo for even 2 guns when you also add in food, water, and shelter. Bugging out should be a last resort. Now moving to a better location, friend's house, relatives, etc, that should always be an option but one executed early before travel would become too difficult.

But go with some basics and you'll be fine....

I read the link posted above on getting started WOW...If I had $50k sitting around...I did some VERY basic prep last year, food, better weapon, and ammo + some basic supplies I didn't have and I was in for around $2k if you take out the AR I bought. That list would run you a WHOLE lot more. There is really no amount of supplies you can buy that will get you through until things returned to normal. Knowledge is far cheaper to come by and never runs out.

It's the end of the world as you know it.... And I feel fine............

That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes,
an aeroplane - Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn,
world serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs.

That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes,
an aeroplane - Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn,
world serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs.

You could have left out the hurricanes reference. I'm tired of them. Next hurricane I'm heading back to Sandpoint for a vacation.

Ahhhh, 2012 Mayan end of days is all hype to keep people in fear but I feel another false flag operation is being planned whether bioweapons or suitcase nuke or other type bombings. They'll blame it on the Taliban or AL-Qaeda of course and send everyone on a witch hunt for ragheads. Then in comes martial law, FEMA concentration camps and microchipping.....oh sorry went off on a tangent.

When the world economy collapses and they shift to a new form of monopoly money I would have food stocked, a portable water filter (ex. Katadyn) capable of filtering hundreds or thousands of gallons of pool, river, stream or lake water, clothes for warm and cold weather plus blankets, long guns / handguns and ammo, gas mask, first aid kit, a big az knife or machete, a multi-freq radio w/weather channel that's has a hand crank to generate it's own power along with flashlights of the same design, sleeping bags, tent, ropes of varying types and thickness, axe, saw, cookware, sterno etc. There are websites designed to handle all you need for planning a bug out kit for a couple days to a few weeks

Dec. 21, 2012. The last date recorded on the Mayan calendar. Some take it as the end of the world. Some take it as the galactic alignment that it is. Some also realize that it happens to be the end of an approximate 5000 year cycle that the Mayans and Aztecs followed. Or, perhaps it is another vague reference by Nostradamus about this approximate time period, or both rolled into one.
I wouldn't go out and max out my credit cards or purchase a yacht I couldn't afford, but I certainly would be preparing for a collapse of the global economy. Whether it happens this year, next year or 5 years from how, what can it hurt to be prepared for this or any other catastrophic event that might be headed our way? Prudence, prudence, prudence.

The calendar that the Mayans used, which may have also been used by other Mesoamerican civilizations going back to 500 BC, cycles every 5125 years. I'm not totally up on all of the Mayan calendar details, but I looked into it enough to get a general understanding for it. It's interesting stuff and quite an accomplishment to create a calendar system that works. The day/week/month/year groupings are different, but the basic premise is still the same, except that the calendar ends or starts over after a set amount of time. There's also a Mayan belief that each 5125 year calendar cycle involves a different group of human civilization. The current calendar cycle coming to an end is believed to be the fourth such group of humanity, assuming that there have been three other groups of human civiliation that have come and gone, making the assumption that the current group, us, is coming to an end in December. I find it not so much to be the calendar, but moreso the belief systems of the Mayans and other Mesoamerican civilizations, that make the 2012 phenomenon the anxiety producing event it has been proclaimed to be.

Just some Mayan basics, for those interested.

End of the world in 2012? Sounds like a nice way of scaring the money right out of customers' pockets. Create a problem, and start selling solutions to it.

I'll always have a nice supply of ammo, but preparing for the "end of the world", no thanks. The money I have is going to stay in my wallet.

December 21, 2012 will just be another paranoia fest, until the Sun rises the next day, then at least you'll have enough canned goods and a nice generator. Seriously though, if the world were to end in December 2012, why worry? You won't be able to do anything about it anyway. :lol:

You could have left out the hurricanes reference. I'm tired of them. Next hurricane I'm heading back to Sandpoint for a vacation.

Come on up! No hurricanes, a miniature tornado every fifty years. Earthquakes are rare, fires stay in the forests, flooding is a non-event. Sometimes the snow gets too heavy and we have to shovel roofs. Rent a hotel room cuz my house is tiny and my sofa is uncomfortable. We can go up the Pack River and shoot old refrigerator carcasses.

I am not a big fan of the end of the world theories. But I do need to prepared for anything that could happen. I have a stoeger .45 and 2 boxes of ammo. I think I should buy more and maybe another rifle.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back