Elderly man and woman shot in there home by thief.

cluznar

An elderly couple were shot in their home when someone broke in. They were both shot in the stomach. The man is in fair condition, the woman in serious condition. They are in their 70's. THIS is why people need a gun available, or a good dog, and should leave outside lights on, or get a good security system. With these injuries these people could end up in a rest home before they wanted to. I'm glad I always have 2 pistols loaded and nearby. :dirol:

What, the police didn't get there in time? Doesn't the left tell us to call 911 and the police will be there? They seem to forget the part when seconds count the police will be there in minutes. Maybe we should take Joe Biden's advice, get a shotgun and shoot through the door. Then call 911. :sarcastic:

Many years ago we had steel bar doors on all entry doors this includes the rear sliding glass doors,also steel bars on all windows. I know your gonna burn to death. Yeah but they the thugs won't just kick the doors down or climb through a window.
I always have my handgun with me in house,and when outside in my yard. Have a nice group of AK-47s and two nice ARs.
Always armed safe from harm.
Link Removed

I grew up in Southern IL. We lived out in the country and NOBODY locked their doors day or night! My Mom and Dad were married and Dad went to work EVERY day! My Mom stayed home to take care of my Sister, Brother and me. She did not work until we were all in school and then she worked only part of the day and was always at home when we went to school and came home.

Today people everywhere lock, chain and bar the doors day and night! Most households in the "troubled" areas are single parent or neither parent EVER goes to work! To date the USA has spent over 22 Trillion dollars and counting to improve many lives and to stop poverty! IMHO today it is much worse than it ever was when I grew up. Nobody thought back then that they needed to carry a gun on them when they were outside of their home let along inside their own house. So to quote what obummer said, "When something does not work. We need to change direction and try something else!"

But I say perhaps we need to go back to the basics and the same values that we had 50-60 years ago!!!!

Reach down, there is either a pistol and spare mags loaded, a loaded carbine, or a rifle with plenty of ammo at hand. And I have two dogs. One who thinks I'm even fair game at times. Rhodesian Ridgeback/Rottweiler cross = dog with an attitude while loving its owners. And forget the "we can make it to the gate in 3 seconds", they will be there from anywhere on the 3 acres before 2.Link Removedhttp://www.sheknows.com/pets-and-animals/articles/996601/meet-the-breed-rhodesian-ridgeback

Link RemovedDo you really want to try for the box, do you really?

That's a cute dog. He may be a terror but at least he's cute. I had a neighbor about 17 years ago who had a Doberman named Teak. This dog was huge and looked down right ferocious, even had a spiked collar. His looks alone would keep any sane person on the other side of the fence. One night about 2am Teak started barking then his barking turned into whining. John, my neighbor, investigated and found Teak hiding in his dog house because a opossum had gone under the fence and was eating his dog food. That dog could have torn that opossum into shreds but was terrified of him. In reality Teak would hurt a flee and was a giant ferocious looking teddy bear.

That's a cute dog. He may be a terror but at least he's cute. I had a neighbor about 17 years ago who had a Doberman named Teak. This dog was huge and looked down right ferocious, even had a spiked collar. His looks alone would keep any sane person on the other side of the fence. One night about 2am Teak started barking then his barking turned into whining. John, my neighbor, investigated and found Teak hiding in his dog house because a opossum had gone under the fence and was eating his dog food. That dog could have torn that opossum into shreds but was terrified of him. In reality Teak would hurt a flee and was a giant ferocious looking teddy bear.
As a puppy, he really was cute. And the devious look is real.Link Removed He may look cute in that photo but don't let a 'possum on the property. It doesn't stand a chance with him. I dread going out in the morning to find his "presents". For some reason, Rottweilers hate 'possums. He is an intelligent dog and we do have to double latch gates. He will sit there and watch you open one and then try it himself.

I prefer dogs over most people. Unless were talking about hot babes that are heavily armed and know how to reload... but that's another story.

I haven't had a Shepard in about 20 years now. About time for one to wander in.
I would suggest a male verses a female. Males focus for a longer time at the task at hand. Females tend to loose their concentration after a few minutes. Of course that could be said for most females.:haha:

I would suggest a male verses a female. Males focus for a longer time at the task at hand. Females tend to loose their concentration after a few minutes. Of course that could be said for most females.:haha:
Mine have all been males except for the Redtick/Beagle mix. She was a good watch dog but you better keep her on a chain or she'd be out of the fence in a heartbeat.

I grew up in Southern IL. We lived out in the country and NOBODY locked their doors day or night! My Mom and Dad were married and Dad went to work EVERY day! My Mom stayed home to take care of my Sister, Brother and me. She did not work until we were all in school and then she worked only part of the day and was always at home when we went to school and came home.

Today people everywhere lock, chain and bar the doors day and night! Most households in the "troubled" areas are single parent or neither parent EVER goes to work! To date the USA has spent over 22 Trillion dollars and counting to improve many lives and to stop poverty! IMHO today it is much worse than it ever was when I grew up. Nobody thought back then that they needed to carry a gun on them when they were outside of their home let along inside their own house. So to quote what obummer said, "When something does not work. We need to change direction and try something else!"

But I say perhaps we need to go back to the basics and the same values that we had 50-60 years ago!!!!

Country life is much different than city life. 8 years ago I lived out in the country where we didn't lock our doors. That small country neighborhood to this day doesn't lock their doors.

Bad people have been around...oh...since forever. But if I would recommend going back for values, it would be more like 200 years ago.

Country life is much different than city life. 8 years ago I lived out in the country where we didn't lock our doors. That small country neighborhood to this day doesn't lock their doors.

Bad people have been around...oh...since forever. But if I would recommend going back for values, it would be more like 200 years ago.

Have things settled down in Pasco since the "Rock vs Glock" killing?

The Baltimore riots where no shots were fired after whole cinder blocks and bricks were hurled at cops sending some to the hospital with broken bones was a stark contrast to the Fiesta Foods shooting.

Have things settled down in Pasco since the "Rock vs Glock" killing?

The Baltimore riots where no shots were fired after whole cinder blocks and bricks were hurled at cops sending some to the hospital with broken bones was a stark contrast to the Fiesta Foods shooting.

Yeah...things never started in Pasco...couple hundred demonstrated at the death site...a few people demonstrated in support the pd...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back