Dumb Advice

dfitch1211

What is the dumbest firearms advice you've ever come across?

Share it all. Whether it's Stupid, funny, or even potentially dangerous advice.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using USA Carry mobile app

The worst advice I ever got was to buy an AR.
No, wait, the worst advice I ever got was to buy a Glock.
Figured I would make a lot of folks mad in one post!

The worst advice I ever got was to buy an AR.
No, wait, the worst advice I ever got was to buy a Glock.
Figured I would make a lot of folks mad in one post!
You forgot - worst advice was to buy a 1911

Now everyone will be POd.

Worst advice: Fire a warning shot.

Unless cluznar was giving it, then it would be "Everyone needs a .32 and no one needs a big scary black rifle"

Worst advice I ever got?

Don't open carry. Be a man and hide your gun so you don't scare anyone.

I was looking for ammo for my 357 Desert Eagle & the guy behind the counter repeatedly told me "it can shoot 38, you know that don't you".

Everyone must buy a .22 as a "starter gun." Might be good advice for those who are very sensitive to recoil, but really...

Now Chen don't go sneaking in another open vs concealed thread, because if you have not learned by now you never will, you will not convince a open or concealed to change..........

Oh...well blues changed :)... and it fits in with this thread perfectly being some of the dumbest advice I've heard...:)

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Oh...well blues changed :)... and it fits in with this thread perfectly being some of the dumbest advice I've heard...:)

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

That's true, I changed my mind about what I prefer, but I never, ever was against OC for anyone who made the choice before I did. It still leaves me incredulous that anybody calling themselves a "2nd Amendment supporter" ever expressing opposition to OC. Like you said, that is some of the dumbest advice I've ever heard too, and I thought it was dumb long before I started doing it myself.

Blues

Asking someone else what the best gun is, what the best caliber is, what the best holster is or what the best carry position is. It's different for every person. There is no universal "best" of any of those for every person.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back