Dudes I Bought Me A Glock!

Bought a Gen 4 Glock-22 Friday before last, after work at Bullseye Guns & Ammo in west Little Rock. With the Glock LE/Mil special deal, I got the pistol (that came w/three mag's) for $450, out the door. I've priced them elsewhere for $580 to $600. Also purchased a Tagua OWB holster and two boxes of .40 S&W ammo.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Took Castiel - I name my firearms - to Shoothouse USA the next afternoon (Saturday the 26th) and put 90rnds thru him. Nice, smooth action, fairly tight groups. Fired first at 3m, then 7m. I really like Cas so far.

Big range day the next day (Sunday, 27 Feb) w/a couple fellas from work, as well as a friend. Put Cas thru his paces as best I could, but allowed other folks to fire him more than I did that day. I then went and shot his last Sunday, as well. :)

Nice, smooth action and trigger pull, which made it easy to get back on target. I got a bunch of the troops from work to go shooting on Sunday and put another 300rnds thru him. I also bought one of those Evile 22 Round magazines from a friend. :D

Carried for the first time on the 1st and again every day since, every where it's legal to do so. The holster pictured is the Tagua pictured above and it's finally getting broken in. I also purchased two single magazine pouches. One is a Tagua holster w/snap closure and the other is a Bianchi w/a clip style closure. The Tagua mag pouch needs some breaking as well. The mag fits really tightly, so I put some serran wrap around the mag and stuffed it in the pouch for over night and all day. Loosened it up some. I like the Bianchi better and might try to find a dual pouch, as I prefer the thinking of having two spare mag's.

From my range trip this last Sunday. Six of my seven 15rnd magazines and my one and only Evile 22rnd Magazine. :biggrin:

Link Removed

I bought the 22rnder as a sort of novelty item. I don't really see much of a need for such a high-cap magazine for my own purposes, but have no problems w/others having such. I guess in a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI scenario they'd be pretty darned handy. Only issue I've had w/it is getting that last round in the danged Mag. Not a single malfunction otherwise.

Overall, I like Castiel as both a shooter and a carry gun, but it doesn't conceal as easily as Dean, my XD-40SC. Plus, I kinda feel like I'm cheating on Dean by not carrying him.... :redface:

......and kinda scary that you name your guns.:wacko::biggrin:

Not really, my G22 is named Il Duce. Then again I name my cars and computers as well, tends to make them "more responsive" and more "trouble free".

Not really, my G22 is named Il Duce. Then again I name my cars and computers as well, tends to make them "more responsive" and more "trouble free".

I name my cars as well LOL. I have not started to name my firearms or computers yet.

Well...congratulations! I am sure you will enjoy Cas...Glocks are beautiful beasties and pretty accurate, too...Love mine...!!
Izzie

My Glock 22 was my 21th birthday present to me. :biggrin: Now I need to get the 22 round mags for it. :biggrin:

I have two of the 31 rounders for my G27 and G22. Getting those last few rounds in is tricky. Funny thing is you can empty one in a heart beat.

I name my cars as well LOL. I have not started to name my firearms or computers yet.

I also name my cars. Currently, my car is named Bettie, after Bettie Page. (Love that woman!)

As for the Glock, enjoy it. It sounds like you got a great deal.

I was surprised at the deal I got when I purchased my Taurus PT-145.

I also name my cars. Currently, my car is
named Bettie, after Bettie Page. (Love that woman!)

:eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic:

Nice, we named our 97 ford expedition Oscar after Oscar the grouch. I love that guy almost as much as I love the cookie monster.

Names?

Gee, I must be an oddball because I have named all my guns "Gun" so they wouldn't be jealous of each other. Wouldn't want to have to keep a roster!:biggrin:

Just for the record, I have no problems w/the thread going a bit off topic. Really, it's not since we're talking about naming things.... :biggrin:

BTW, bought me another Glock. :D

A business here in Little Rock was having a Glock Days sale earlier this week. They have a variety of firearms related items, with some stuff only available foe sale to First Responders and AD Military. More specifically, they're a Glock distributor. They had sub-compact thru full-size Glocks for $399, plus tax.

They also had Trijicon night sights for $60 - installed!

To cut to the chase, I purchased a brand new Gen 4 G27 (which included three 9rnd magazines - regular G27 sets only include two mag's!), w/night sights for $493.43 OTD! The Gen 4 G27's are retailing right about $580 (w/tax), the same night sights $80 to $100 - not including installation. I saved about $200 on this purchase alone.

I then brought my G22's (Castiel) slide in the next day and had night sights put on him for $64.50, installed w/tax. Saved prolly $60 there.

Link Removed

Went and broke in Gabriel by firing 200 or so rounds thru him.

A while back at one of the forums I frequent, I found a link to some really kewel gun mats (LINKY.I picked up two of them. More on these later....

I also picked up some replacement custom base plates, three total. They're anodized aluminum, biohazard logos. You can find them Link Removed. Closeup pic: Link Removed.

I also purchased two older generation High Capacity Ban 15rnd magazines, marked "LE/GOV'T ONLY":

Link Removed

I picked those last up from a local guy for $15 each.

Wow! you got quite a bargain there...I will have to keep my notice of your post because it will be nice to accessorized for my guns too.

Thanks for the tips.

Sure thing!

I also picked up another +1 magazine base plate, as well as a Glock Tool - the basic one.

New Pic of my two Glocks:

Link Removed

I have two of the 31 rounders for my G27 and G22. Getting those last few rounds in is tricky. Funny thing is you can empty one in a heart beat.

I tryed one of the 31rds, brought that POS right back to the ripoff artist at the gun show, gave me some stuff about a refund, but I did get my money back,............. it does help to have freinds in the right places

Congrats! I love my Glock! So many people love their Glocks.

I have the sawn off version of yours. Glock 27. The abbreviated version.

I have 18 guns, i think??..........and the only one I really did name is my big Ruger super redhawk 454, we named him ( Tackleberry ) from the police academy movies

I also name my cars. Currently, my car is named Bettie, after Bettie Page. (Love that woman!)

Damn Lakeland! Betty Page??? Just means you are older then me!:sarcastic::pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back