Do Not Shoot Me, I'm Only The Messenger (Gun Ban)

My favorite is the M1 Carbine...an M1 is an assault weapon? Pfft...

I agree the list is a load of crap, but I'd have to say that as far as any bureaucrat is concerned, an M1 is every bit as much of an "assault weapon" as an AR, AK, Mini-14 etc. The only real difference is the inferior ballistics of the .30 cal round vs. a 5.56 or 7.62, but otherwise, high-cap mags, flash suppressors etc. can be added, so yeah, it's an "assault weapon" to an idiotcrat. The last thing an idiotcrat will consider is the actual lethality of a given round or weapon over another. They just want to ban guns.

Blues

Ok yea I see that with an an M1 (although it's A LOT of trouble to basically overhaul an antique unless you pick up an M1A) but a Dragunov? Even worse, an an HK PSG-1? A Dragunov or PSG-1 would not be the first choice for a weapon when anyone can build a weapon that would do the exact same thing for a quarter the price and nutjobs are cold and calculating....and thrifty.

M1s are not bolt action. They're semi auto, Garands are 30-06 and carbines are .30. Nice if you're serving in the infantry in WWII or Korea...or you're a collector. And that's about it. Practical uses...well I wouldn't even hunt with one even if I did hunt. No tactical advantage over 5.56 or 7.62. More like tactical disadvantage.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

An M-1 is an assault weapon. Just ask the people on the receiving end of the bullets during the wars. Whereas a semi-auto AR-15 has never been used by thousands in wartime.

WOW does nobody fact check anymore? You send your information to the guys from Niagara telling you there is 10 million in the bank for ya to????

If Romney would have won, we would never have to worry about losing our weapons. I can't believe the majority voted this guy back in.

If Romney would have won, we would never have to worry about losing our weapons. I can't believe the majority voted this guy back in.

Yeah but he didn't so we've just gotta bite the bullet (no pun intended) and deal with this putz for the next four years. I'm not worried. No way an AWB like this would passm. I'm just gonna kick up my feet, watch Obama destroy this country and by the time he's done, the electorate will bw begging for ANYONE who actually has a plan to fix the debt, the 15% unemployment rate, and...ObamaCare.

Yeah but he didn't so we've just gotta bite the bullet (no pun intended) and deal with this putz for the next four years. I'm not worried. No way an AWB like this would passm. I'm just gonna kick up my feet, watch Obama destroy this country and by the time he's done, the electorate will bw begging for ANYONE who actually has a plan to fix the debt, the 15% unemployment rate, and...ObamaCare.

I think it will be too late by then. The damage will have already and has been done. I can't be positive, but Osama.....errr.....Obama care cannot be repealed correct?

I think it will be too late by then. The damage will have already and has been done. I can't be positive, but Osama.....errr.....Obama care cannot be repealed correct?

Correct, it cannot be repealed. Well, it CAN but the costs would be astronomical. The framework that will be in place by 2014 will be so expensive to unwind that it's impractical...the exchanges, the health record digitizing, all of the new regs for insurers, doctors, etc. What can (and will eventually) happen is that ObamaCare will be crippled. Governors are refusing to set up exchanges, forcing the federal government to do so via subsidies (your tax dollars) but the law has a gray area for states refusing to do such...surprising right? Oklahoma has filed a lawsuit in federal district court arguing that federal subsidies of exchanges are unconstitutional.

One case to watch is Liberty University v. Geithner (Geithner is the defendant since the "penalty" was ruled as a tax and he's the head tax collector), arguing that the mandate violates the Constitution free exercise, establishment, and equal protection clauses and that the ObamaCare employer requirement (to provide insurance that covers abortions and contraception, regardless of whether the employer objects on religious grounds) is unconstitutional. Liberty University filed a petition for rehearing with the Supreme Court of the United States, asking SCOTUS grant a writ and vacate the Fourth Circuit's opinion from last year in which it shot down Liberty. SCOTUS asked the DoJ if it has a problem with the suit, DoJ said no obviously because it's almost certain that the government will win. Methinks that SCOTUS will grant the writ, vacate the Fourth Circuit's opinion, and the Fourth Circuit will hear the arguments then say "this is way above our pay grade" and kick it up to SCOTUS. It's one thing to challenge a law under the AIA, another to challenge on grounds that it violates the First Amendment. If Catholic hospitals are forced to provide abortions and birth control, Cardinal Dolan flat-out stated that the Catholic Church will close all of its hospitals...and they aren't screwing around because the Catholic hospital where I live closed its pharmacy after Gov. Quinn signed that law stating that pharmacies must provide "Plan B" morning after pill. I believe this case holds a lot of weight, given that it directly challenges the Constitutionality of the provision and the blatant violations contained in the ACA.

Correct, it cannot be repealed. Well, it CAN but the costs would be astronomical. The framework that will be in place by 2014 will be so expensive to unwind that it's impractical...the exchanges, the health record digitizing, all of the new regs for insurers, doctors, etc. What can (and will eventually) happen is that ObamaCare will be crippled. Governors are refusing to set up exchanges, forcing the federal government to do so via subsidies (your tax dollars) but the law has a gray area for states refusing to do such...surprising right? Oklahoma has filed a lawsuit in federal district court arguing that federal subsidies of exchanges are unconstitutional.

One case to watch is Liberty University v. Geithner (Geithner is the defendant since the "penalty" was ruled as a tax and he's the head tax collector), arguing that the mandate violates the Constitution free exercise, establishment, and equal protection clauses and that the ObamaCare employer requirement (to provide insurance that covers abortions and contraception, regardless of whether the employer objects on religious grounds) is unconstitutional. Liberty University filed a petition for rehearing with the Supreme Court of the United States, asking SCOTUS grant a writ and vacate the Fourth Circuit's opinion from last year in which it shot down Liberty. SCOTUS asked the DoJ if it has a problem with the suit, DoJ said no obviously because it's almost certain that the government will win. Methinks that SCOTUS will grant the writ, vacate the Fourth Circuit's opinion, and the Fourth Circuit will hear the arguments then say "this is way above our pay grade" and kick it up to SCOTUS. It's one thing to challenge a law under the AIA, another to challenge on grounds that it violates the First Amendment. If Catholic hospitals are forced to provide abortions and birth control, Cardinal Dolan flat-out stated that the Catholic Church will close all of its hospitals...and they aren't screwing around because the Catholic hospital where I live closed its pharmacy after Gov. Quinn signed that law stating that pharmacies must provide "Plan B" morning after pill. I believe this case holds a lot of weight, given that it directly challenges the Constitutionality of the provision and the blatant violations contained in the ACA.
Sounds like a big bowl of wrong. Looks to me as if our supreme dictator is setting up a communist state before he gets out of office. So that way we can't undo it. His father would be so proud of his illegitimate baby boy.

It's 2200+ pages of babble and usurpation of the Constitution. The government is having implementation issues because it's so screwed up which I find funny as hell. I believe someone had said this but I'll restate. If abortion had been legal in 1962, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Ironic huh?

It was an authentic list from two congressional sessions ago, it was the draft during Clinton's administration. Is it relevant today? No idea, I do have my doubts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh from when Pelosi was Speaker and spending thousands of taxpayer dollars on booze and private trips on her government issue Boeing 757?

Keep up the good work Mr. President!
Don't worry about the illegal immigrants, gas prices, or the deficit.
Just keep taking away our individual liberties.
After all, we Americans deserve it. We were stupid enough to put you in office not once, but twice!!!

Keep up the good work Mr. President!

Yup what really gets me is that this whole country is prepared to go down the crapper if they don't figure out wtf to do about the lapse of the Bush tax cuts and "sequestration" which was designed to be so ridiculous that no one would be stupid enough to let it go into effect...turns out there are hundreds of people who are that stupid, Democrats. Obama won't play ball unless Congress is willing to make the rich "pay their fair share" (the top 2% of all earners provide 40% of tax revenue...what part of that is fair as of right now?). It won't stop there. He'll eventually have to soak the middle class too.

It's not the deficit I'm worried about it's the debt. At this rate it'll $22T by the end of term 2. But yeah screw all that we have bigger problems...like guns, organized religion, and free speech. Must...eradicate...all...opposition.

Sounds like a big bowl of wrong. Looks to me as if our supreme dictator is setting up a communist state before he gets out of office. So that way we can't undo it. His father would be so proud of his illegitimate baby boy.

Communism works great just ask the Russians, Chinese, Cambodians, Venezuelans (Chavez is a commie I don't care what anyone says...bs elections), Cubans, Vietnamese, and my personal favorite, North Koreans although I doubt you could ask any of them because that country is locked up like a chastity belt. Hell, China isn't even a pure commie state anymore because they realized how stupid it is. Same with Vietnam.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back