Do I need a New Hampshire Non Resident Concealed Carry Permit?

bobyoung1

I have a Florida resident CWL which is recognized in NH. Do I need to get a NH Non Resident permit to carry in NH? This is probably a simple question but I haven't found an answer that makes me feel comfortable. Thanks for the help.

Technically, no, but I don't know how the Federal "Gun Free school zone" law would effect you in New Hampshire with not having a New Hampshire permit. I may seem too careful here, but there appears to be an implication that having the permit from your home state exempts you from that law in that state, whereas a non-resident permit would not. There a few current, if not recent, threads worth looking into here in the subject.

If you have the $100, it might be worth it to get it.

I have a Florida resident CWL which is recognized in NH. Do I need to get a NH Non Resident permit to carry in NH? This is probably a simple question but I haven't found an answer that makes me feel comfortable. Thanks for the help.

No you do not need a NH permit. If you had a none resident permit then you would need a NH permit(unless you held another state permit that NH honors). When in doubt you can always open carry.

It's a personal choice. I personally recommend to get and maintain as many permits as you.can afford. Laws are constantly changing, so what may be valid now may not be valid later on when you travel. JMHO

gf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back