Disgusting!!!

I would drop the LOR, it's a career killer and for all we know she may now be the most squared away NCO in the USAF (which I am aware isn't saying much).

During my time extra duty went from COB till TAPS. So she does her normal duty day from 0600 till 1630 has 1 hour for chow and reports to the Bn. CSM at 1730 and is on ED until Taps at 2300 and has 7 hours to sleep.

2 or 3 weeks of that is fair punishment, she gets the idea that she screwed up firmly implanted without ending what may be a promising career.

LORs have not traditionally been career killers in the USAF (they may be now due to the USAF drawing down at an extreme pace *25K ppl in 5yrs*), I have an LOR and some LOCs... none of them kept me from becoming an NCO or being placed in charge of sections appropriate for my rank/ability. Traditionally, in the USAF, it takes an Article 15 to lose a career... with that said, I've known MANY an E-6 who had Articles on them and were allowed to retire at 20. Their punishment was not being allowed to test for E-7, this applies to other ranks in the AF... I've seen the same with a few MSgts as well.

The photo is evidently 3 years old. The 3-striper, now a 4-striper (SSgt-E5) has commented: "This pic is 3 years old. I was a young airman who didn’t care (not uncommon). I was young and dumb. There are much bigger issues to be worried about than a 3 year old pic that was leaked. So get off of Facebook, and go to [sic] take care of your children, because one day it may be them in my shoes, getting called out of [sic] their name for a mistake that took a few second [sic] to make but a lifetime to make up for.”

That's exactly what I suspect she'd say... push others to drop it and not harass her for being very disrespectful. Either way, it's old and typical of the USAF... it got "dealt with" and she was allowed to progress like anybody else. Being an eight-year member of the AF, I know how lax our discipline is... Like I said in my other post, I have personally known three NCOs who had more than one DUI and were simply held at E-6 and one who lost E-7 but will be able to test again next year and retire as usual. Everybody screws up, that's a given... Perhaps she really has changed her ways and learned something...? How would we know....?

My information is at least 10 years old but in the Army a DUI ends your career. It’s an automatic reduction in rank (career killer right there) and it’s also a bar to reenlistment. So unless you’re on your last hitch you are done.
An LOR won’t overtly kill your career like that but it will cause you to get passed over for promotion which will end your career as well

That's exactly what I suspect she'd say... push others to drop it and not harass her for being very disrespectful. Either way, it's old and typical of the USAF... it got "dealt with" and she was allowed to progress like anybody else. Being an eight-year member of the AF, I know how lax our discipline is... Like I said in my other post, I have personally known three NCOs who had more than one DUI and were simply held at E-6 and one who lost E-7 but will be able to test again next year and retire as usual. Everybody screws up, that's a given... Perhaps she really has changed her ways and learned something...? How would we know....?

we had a guy in my air guard unit that was drunk on a joint exercise and was in a yelling/pushing match w/ an army capt. he was a tech at the time. he still made master on his second board attempt. when i was up in DC w/ the AD folks, a guy was being force shaped at ~15 years and only had one blemish on his record which was turning away orders @ around his 4 year mark. crazy **** happens.

Conduct unbecoming an Airman. Drop the hammer and get it over with.

I retired from active duty in 2006
My oldest son is a Marine.
My middle son in a Firefighter.
My youngest goes to Army Basic in March.
My nephew is an Airman
My cousin just retired from the USAF last year.

I for one have 2 namesakes on the POW MIA rosters
Ronald Hagen Pvt Korea
Craig D. Hagen SSgt Vietnam

There are no less than 7 Hagens listed on the Memorial Wall, Craig being amongst them. One was a MOH recipient.
My Grandpa lost his brother in the push inland after D-Day. He is buried in Europe.
We have had a Hagen on active duty continuously since the Spanish American war.

I have no love in my heart for one who would even think of dishonoring the POW/MIA symbol.

My information is at least 10 years old but in the Army a DUI ends your career. It’s an automatic reduction in rank (career killer right there) and it’s also a bar to reenlistment. So unless you’re on your last hitch you are done.
An LOR won’t overtly kill your career like that but it will cause you to get passed over for promotion which will end your career as well
Used to be that way in the Air Force too, and not that long ago either. My how times have changed.

we had a guy in my air guard unit that was drunk on a joint exercise and was in a yelling/pushing match w/ an army capt. he was a tech at the time. he still made master on his second board attempt....
The Air Guard doesn't promote to Master with boards. Nor does the active Air Force for that matter. Boards are for Senior Master Sergeant and Chief Master Sergeant in the active force. According to ANGI36-2502, the Guard apparently doesn't use boards at all for enlisted promotions. I never knew that.

Link Removed

Used to be that way in the Air Force too, and not that long ago either. My how times have changed.

The Air Guard doesn't promote to Master with boards. Nor does the active Air Force for that matter. Boards are for Senior Master Sergeant and Chief Master Sergeant in the active force. According to ANGI36-2502, the Guard apparently doesn't use boards at all for enlisted promotions. I never knew that.

Link Removed

i had to sit a board to get Tech. ANG promotes via boards from Tech up to Chief.

mine was a board along with an entire promotions package, ie awards rip, pt scores, etc.

EDIT: it's apparently an NC thing for the Tech/Master boards...Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back