did something to a hi-point?? show it off

damarlo

all i did was add a stripe to the slide and a homemade rubber grip also added rubber to the bottom of the 8 round mag and my 2 10 round mags...(RUBBER ON MAG NOT SHOWN) next is going to be a 18 plus 1 custom mag... show off your hi-points and leave comments

Its the most ghetto thing I've ever seen in my life... but if thats what you are comfortable carrying, then so be it!

Ditto Ryan H: WHY? I assume answer is "just because".Hey if it works for you all the more power to you. Then again, I find an awful lot of fluff that seems to go on firearms and holsters to be a bit much. I always thought the name of the game was CC and defensive carry and not a fashion runway. Heck, I like cleaning my firearms more than shooting them--so I guess I have a bit of a quirk when it comes to this whole firearm business.

I'm all about customizing your firearms to give them a little of your personality. I'm actually giving my savage a paint job right now. If you like it thats all that matters. I will say that's the first gun I've ever seen with a racing stripe.

hey the hi-point .380 acp comes stock with the chrome stripe on the slide...here is a pic of it and a pic of my c-9 before i did anything to it.. oh yea i also changed my rear sights to the ghost ring sight

That isn't a chrome stripe on the .380, it is a machined area after the finish was applied. You could accomplish the same thing without tape, just need a little sandpaper and some time, and some paste wax to seal the metal.

What cheap New Orleans Pimp did you steal it from? (sorry, couldn't help myself. I'm a fool to temptation) The Bangers in N.O. carry them too! But they want the bigger one with the (quote) " Wit da Infa Red Beam on it". Now, add some spinner wheels and fur on the dash and you got it !!!

These are my two carry sidearms.
Full sized 1911.
IMG000024.jpg

This may be ugly but it is stone reliable and built like a brick. . . .well you know. Accurate too.
Best of all, it is highly affordable and replaceable and it carries one of the best warranties in the industry.
HI-PointHolster3-2.jpg

Besides, if I run out of bullets, I can beat the thug into submission with it.

Sorry Folks! I don't mean to joke or demean the choice of anyones'gun when they like it and carry it. It's just that I've been doing Gunsmithing work for years, and have seen literally tons of Hi-points enter the shop with some rather Ungodly problems. Other than constant malfunctions, cracked slides, cracked bolt faces, trigger mechanisms that simply come loose, going through numerous mags before you find one that functions, light primer hits, puntured primer hits, dropped mags on the first shot, too brittle firing pins, too soft firing pins, cheap chinese springs, cracked barrel mounts, stuck slides, poor fitting, slides breaking off of the frame. Other than that, they are pretty good guns.

If I can't afford anything but an inexpensive gun, I'll buy a S&W Police Trade-in, or a used S&W Sigma, a 1980's Glock 17, or something else that is near the price range of the Hi-Point. As I said, I'm not trying to cut anyone down, it's just that I've gotten past the Bullsh*t excuses for having one. Like I just leave it in my car or boat or whatever. Granted, there are people out there that have never had problems with the Hi-Point and trust them. But........... WHAT IS YOUR LIFE WORTH?

I generally tend to agree with buy all the tool you can afford. As a carpenter, I generally own Milwaukee or Bosch, some DeWalt.

Bought my Hi-point because it seemed to be well built and I did not want an Egyptian Hi-power copy. That was 11 years ago. I have put 10 to 12 boxes of ammo through it every year and sometimes more. Any ammo. What ever is the cheap ammo at the time. Rocks I find lying on the ground. . . just kidding, no rocks. I'll be doing the same once again this spring.

Only ever had one issue with this sidearm. The one time I did have a problem was about 3 years ago with a bunch of American something ammo that for what ever reason, did not work well. Some maker in Florida.

It just keeps on ticking. I had also heard some bemoan the weight of the C9 and all I can say is that I have been carrying one in a belt slide holster for the better part of a year now and do not have a complaint.

As for all the repair you're doing, my question is why didn't these folks just send it in for repair?

[According to the company's website, as of 2008 all Hi-Point firearms come with a lifetime "no questions asked" warranty. While older manuals have stated that the lifetime warranty is available to the original purchaser only, Hi-Point has since retroactively extended the warranty to include third-hand owners. Under the warranty, Hi-Point firearms are repaired free of charge. All Hi-Point firearms can be sent back to their respective factories and will be repaired and shipped back free of charge.]

Many reviewers have commented on putting thousands of rounds through a Hi-Point with now issues.

SURPRISINGLY RELIABLE & EXCEPTIONALLY AFFORDABLE - Peterson's Shooting times.

Hi-Point Pistols: Basic But Oh So Reliable!
After putting .45 ACP and .40 S&W Hi-Point pistols through a thorough shooting test, the author says you can call the Hi-Point pistols inexpensive, but don't ever say they aren't good shooters!
By Paul Scarlata

Click Link Removed for the article.

I'd add very accurate for a 500 dollar pistol. Ooops! Forgot, it retails for about $160

Seriously, to each his own. But don't count out this little gun at a price anyone can afford. If they did have quality control problems, that is a thing of the past. Hi-Point bends over backwards to please and their customer service dept. should be an example of how one should be run. A few years ago, they upgraded their "No Questions Asked Warranty" to cover the gun; period, regardless of whether you are the first or 15th owner. They'll ship the repaired gun back to you on their dime and will usually include a spare mag or two as a gift.

I don't know, for $160 bucks, It sure beats a .25 or a Lorcin or some crap like that. For my money, I would definately own another C9 or two. At this price it makes a great New York Reload. Heck you can afford to hide them all over your house.

Hey damarlo: I wish to apologize to you on behalf of many who have had some fun at your expense. I guess most of us, although there were some comments that praised the hi point, believe that the hi point is what it is--an inexpensive firearm and that you get what you pay for. I would hope that your post is not too badly weakened by many of the replies and that the firearm, if needed, will perform properly. I would hope, however, if $$$ permit, that you look into more serious firearms where the concensus is a lot clearer as to their dependability and workmanship. Again, I am sorry and I apologize.

Hey damarlo: I wish to apologize to you on behalf of many who have had some fun at your expense. I guess most of us, although there were some comments that praised the hi point, believe that the hi point is what it is--an inexpensive firearm and that you get what you pay for. I would hope that your post is not too badly weakened by many of the replies and that the firearm, if needed, will perform properly. I would hope, however, if $$$ permit, that you look into more serious firearms where the consensus is a lot clearer as to their dependability and workmanship. Again, I am sorry and I apologize.

+1

I agree. I would rely on this little gun but only because I have extensive experience with it. It was originally purchased for my wife to get her used to a semi auto. Turned out to be a great plinker and target pistol too. This example has been reliable and extremely durable. Don't rely on any firearm unless you have experience to back up your trust.

Even mid-priced to expensive guns have had trouble. Kimber comes to mind. My AMT Hardballer is my main gun and has been for more than twenty years. This gun has had it's own share of ridicule. Over the years, I have replaced most of the parts with Wilson, Clark, or Brown mainly because I like to tinker. I have never had a hiccup.

My Colt Combat Commander is the only semi auto I have ever had issues with. A 70 series, in nickel satin, lovely sidearm, slide stop broke while firing, locked up. Took a bit but I repaired her and replaced all the stock parts again with Wilson, Clark or Brown. I've used other parts over the years too.

The only gun I have never replaced a part on or repaired is the little C9. I have had it completely apart several times over the years to discover it really did not even need a such a thorough cleaning.

This is my experience only. You will want to rely on common sense, expert advice and your pocket book.

Good luck to you.

Really, I've never owned or shot one. First off, they are ugly as hell, second every time someone walks into the gun shop with one, they get ridiculed by the regulars who hang out there after they leave, and if you walk into a gun shop asking about one, you sort of get this smirky service like "hurry up so we can go help the guy 'who.s buying the $500 real gun".

I'm sure they are great for buying in quantity sort of like paper plates. When the gov't comes to collect your guns, you have something to give them to satisfy them while keep the other guns.

But for the price, I might buy one just to see for myself (at a gun shop out of town, of course) :biggrin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back