Define Concealed

I may add when we are out, (my wife and I) nether of us are only carrying one weapon, and they are all concealed, but we are not overly concerned with printing

This is one of the reasons I like the smaller weapons. I carry a Taurus TCP on my ankle an is no way notice able!.I don't wear shorts outside my home in the summer so its not a issue to keep one on my ankle.
Cooler weather I carry 2 weapons at all times! Using a belly band with a Taurus 709 tucked in a 6 oclock. Its about the best I'm gonna get at not showing! I'm always trying new holsters so I can always have 2 on me.Being small framed its not easy to find the one thats comfortable or at least tolerable minus the pain of the weapons grip. Still trying to keep in mind it don't show isn't easy.
When your barely 4'10" at 110 lbs hiding places are just not there! No way will I wear baggy clothes!
Theres always the purse but I'm not a fan or having it in there! If the purse gets snatched I've lost everything plus my weapon!

concealed firearm

To be safe ... concealed carry means NO ONE should be able to even guess you have a gun on you standing not 5 feet from you. No bulges or printing of any kind are acceptable here in NV. There are too many anti-gun people all too ready to file a complant against anyone with a bulge on their hip. The cops are usually there in a flash ready to take your gun or cell phone if that's what bulging...yeah I know...not so funny.
I am new here and this topic has probably been hashed and rehashed for years but ...

Define "concealed". I am in GA and don't worry about it but I am close to FL and they seem to be strict about seeing the shape or outline of the weapon through clothing.

If I have my t-shirt covering the holster completly, is that concealed if you can still identify the buldge as a gun?

Thanks for the feedack ...

I may add when we are out, (my wife and I) nether of us are only carrying one weapon, and they are all concealed, but we are not overly concerned with printing

I agree 100% as long as its not hanging down and the barrel is showing :sarcastic:LOL I'm not real concerned it, To me if you keeping trying hide it more and more it will be hidden so well when you need it you wont be able to get it So IMO as long as its covered up I feel you are good to go.

"The fact is, we CC folks think a lot more about guns than do others. When someone that is not into guns sees another person, the first thing they do ISN'T to check them out to see if they are carrying a GUN! LOL!!

If you are wearing a Speedo and trying to conceal a small Kel-Tec P3AT, that might be a different matter. IT WILL look like a gun in a Speedo! LOL!

Other than that, I wouldn't be too concerned. If the gun is covered, it's concealed."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I agree 100% as long as its not hanging down and the barrel is showing LOL I'm not real concerned it, To me if you keeping trying hide it more and more it will be hidden so well when you need it you wont be able to get it So IMO as long as its covered up I feel you are good to go. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guns, speedo, hanging down, and the barrel is showing. Reminds me of something else.

YouTube - Cop mistakes penis for gun

"The fact is, we CC folks think a lot more about guns than do others. When someone that is not into guns sees another person, the first thing they do ISN'T to check them out to see if they are carrying a GUN! LOL!!

If you are wearing a Speedo and trying to conceal a small Kel-Tec P3AT, that might be a different matter. IT WILL look like a gun in a Speedo! LOL!

Other than that, I wouldn't be too concerned. If the gun is covered, it's concealed."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I agree 100% as long as its not hanging down and the barrel is showing LOL I'm not real concerned it, To me if you keeping trying hide it more and more it will be hidden so well when you need it you wont be able to get it So IMO as long as its covered up I feel you are good to go. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guns, speedo, hanging down, and the barrel is showing. Reminds me of something else.

YouTube - Cop mistakes penis for gun

i SAW THAT SOMEWHERE BEFORE. wASN'T THAT FUNNY??

I carry Taser sometimes.
also, 4oz OC (AKA mace, Tear gas, pepper) and/or ASP (Expandable baton).
most of time openly but sometimes it covered by my cloth (Sweat or cotton sweater, Wool vest)
Some people notice I have something under my cloth but they don't know what it is.
Could be pager, phone or "Insulin Pump" as Red Hat says.

Unless people (ordinary People) can obviously tell if it's a GUN, (i.e. print over speedo or can't see gun itself but exposed 1/3 of holster, etc), I don't think it's violation.

I don't know GA and FL but some people in many places call police when they see Man/Woman with gun in public place for his/her own safety concern.
They don't call Police if they see people carry "Something" under T-Shirts.
They call police or security if they feel obviously think it's a gun (even empty holster, toy gun, M18 or X26 taser).

My opinion is if people can see you carrying "Something" under cloth is not enough to cite you for violation of "Must be concealed" regulation.

I have many LEO friends and they said after Virginia Tech shooting, many of police agency in nation try not to ignore 417 or 10-32 (man with gun) call from citizen because that day they receive couple of "(suspicious) Man with gun" call from citizen and police didn't send officer till it was too late.

Last night, woman slash and stab randomly in Target store at West Hollywood, CA.
off duty Deputy was in store and draw his weapon and ordered her to drop knife.
She refused and deputy chased her isle to isle (remember, target is big store)
Store was panic full of people try to escape.
interest thing was that There was just few "woman with knife stubbing people" call but bunch of "Man with Gun chasing woman" call to local police.
even "Shot fired" call (deputy never fired)

It tells me that many people think man with gun (in plain cloth) must be a bad guy.
So, we all have to be careful what "ordinarily people (in your area)" think and react when they see you carrying a gun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back